Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Do you want 6LE to make an OEM FITTING A pillar pod???
HELL YES
85.48%
No
14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

*!!!* 6LE LS1Tech Needs Your Help *!!!*

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default *!!!* 6LE LS1Tech Needs Your Help *!!!*

Its your favorite person

Mark aka 6LE, I've come to you because you seem to be, at the moment, the resident innovator of new ideas for Fbodys, and your able to make **** happen when there is a big enough demand.

We have gone FAR too long now without a complete replacement for the driver side A Pillar Pods. We are sick of using these crappy fitting, shitty quality pillar pod "covers." We need something new and fresh which will take the place of the entire pillar pod, leaving the stocker non-hacked up and able to re-use later on if one chooses.

I'm talking take A: The Stocker and B: 6LE's, and the only difference that we will be able to tell is the 1-3 pods molded in. This is what we need!!! No more junk pods PLEASEEEEE!! (Not saying you have made junk pieces in the past, present, future )

Please post up if you support this idea and maybe we can finally get a good OEM quality replacement!!

Last edited by djfury05; 05-16-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

change "hell yes" to...

if mark can then HELL YES!!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:50 AM
10 Second Club

haha, I tried and it wont let me edit the poll.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:55 AM
TECH Regular

well i'll vote yes sense ya tried haha and cuz it would be sick
Old 05-16-2010, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill vote hell yeah
Old 05-16-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

well, i dont really have an opinion on this particular piece, but....

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but 6LE is closing shop, having already stopped selling some stuff on the site, and finishing up last orders on certain products (like gauge overlays). He's said he's keeping things going through the time his sponsorship runs out in like 6 months. I know Mark has said that they're trying to finish up pre-existing projects (targa, camaro/trans am bumpers, etc), but i highly doubt he's going to be taking on brand new projects and putting in the time/effort/money/R&D/etc...

I'm sure he'll chime in though
Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

I'm actually in the market for a single pillar pod, but like Crimson said I doubt 6LE would want to take on a new project since he's closing shop in a few months. Would be cool to see a nice replacement piece though.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I gotta say is what crimson said lol but if 6le did do it I'd be all over it as well but I don't see it happening
Old 05-16-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

i didnt wanna bring down the morale w the first post (when i initially looked at the thread), but yeah i dont seem mark grabbing this one. That being said, i think if people need it, vote for it. It just takes some time and fiberglass, id be surprised if no sponsor was willing to pick up the workload if there are a lot of votes for it.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Even if Mark doesn't, someone else doing so would be good. I'll be needing at least a 2 gauge pod (if not 3 gauge) at some point.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

alright keep the votes coming then.. we need a sponsor to pick this up so lets make it known that we want it
Old 05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Let's do this
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NEVER going to happen, sorry.

Even if I wasn't closing shop we've discussed it in various threads over the past 2 years, no way to make anything cost effective like that...
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

i dont see what the issue is guys...its not that hard to do it yourself. just get an a pillar (ihave a three gauge a-pillar)...take the stocker off and bolt the new one on... maybe i'm missing something here?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
alright keep the votes coming then.. we need a sponsor to pick this up so lets make it known that we want it
well, being that Mark has signed off on this one, i think (if you're serious about this) you should go find a sponsor, or some business that does this sort of thing, and would actually being willing to consider this project. these cars are getting old, so there aren't a lot of companies that are gonna want to put new stuff out for them.

just saying, don't expect some sponsor to actually see this thread and be like "ooh, i should make those", because in reality, there aren't many sponsors who seem to frequent this section of the forum, and of those that do, i really don't see any of them picking this up. so if you're serious, you're gonna need to put in more work than this thread.

i dont know too much about the pillar pod set ups, but i always thought this...
Originally Posted by birdmaro
i dont see what the issue is guys...its not that hard to do it yourself. just get an a pillar (ihave a three gauge a-pillar)...take the stocker off and bolt the new one on... maybe i'm missing something here?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

they don't make one for hardtop cars..
Old 05-19-2010, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
well, being that Mark has signed off on this one, i think (if you're serious about this) you should go find a sponsor, or some business that does this sort of thing, and would actually being willing to consider this project. these cars are getting old, so there aren't a lot of companies that are gonna want to put new stuff out for them.

just saying, don't expect some sponsor to actually see this thread and be like "ooh, i should make those", because in reality, there aren't many sponsors who seem to frequent this section of the forum, and of those that do, i really don't see any of them picking this up. so if you're serious, you're gonna need to put in more work than this thread.

i dont know too much about the pillar pod set ups, but i always thought this...
I'm already on top of it. I've located a company and I'll be sending off a stocker here soon for mock up. The plan is to be a complete OEM replacement for the stocker, just they are unable to duplicate the attachments on the backside of the pillar pod due to the process of "thermo forming" the new to the old.

So basically we will finally have a piece to completely cover up the stocker, from the top of the roofline, all the way to the front of the windshield. It will just need to be attached via epoxy, push pins, or we can even try to figure out how to mount our own attachments on back to replace the stock piece completely. I will keep everyone updated on what the company can do for us.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
I'm already on top of it. I've located a company and I'll be sending off a stocker here soon for mock up. The plan is to be a complete OEM replacement for the stocker, just they are unable to duplicate the attachments on the backside of the pillar pod due to the process of "thermo forming" the new to the old.

So basically we will finally have a piece to completely cover up the stocker, from the top of the roofline, all the way to the front of the windshield. It will just need to be attached via epoxy, push pins, or we can even try to figure out how to mount our own attachments on back to replace the stock piece completely. I will keep everyone updated on what the company can do for us.
You are wasting your time and money because I don't think you understand what they are selling you...

Thermal forming is where you take a piece of plastic, heated up and push something through the sheet. It is like vacuum forming but you can only do three dimensions not four (like injection molding).

In other words, you'll have an a-pillar with the gauges but it is just a shell, no way to attach it as you NEED those factory inside parts.

One part has push tabs that go in holes the other part has clips that go over a metal rail.

At best you'll have a solid piece that has screws holding it in in weird places. It will look way worse and cost way more than just screwing a three gauge pod onto your stock a-pillar.

Thermal Forming is cake and I could have had that done for you guys a year ago, it is just not what you want whether you realize it right now or not...
Old 05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
You are wasting your time and money because I don't think you understand what they are selling you...

Thermal forming is where you take a piece of plastic, heated up and push something through the sheet. It is like vacuum forming but you can only do three dimensions not four (like injection molding).

In other words, you'll have an a-pillar with the gauges but it is just a shell, no way to attach it as you NEED those factory inside parts.

One part has push tabs that go in holes the other part has clips that go over a metal rail.

At best you'll have a solid piece that has screws holding it in in weird places. It will look way worse and cost way more than just screwing a three gauge pod onto your stock a-pillar.

Thermal Forming is cake and I could have had that done for you guys a year ago, it is just not what you want whether you realize it right now or not...
did you even read my post? I know there will not be any of the stock attachments on back and it will be a shell. But it will be a COMPLETE shell from the top of the roofline to the front of the windshield. This is what makes it different from the others offered currently. I even said in my post we would still need to attach it via different methods still.

Quick Reply: *!!!* 6LE LS1Tech Needs Your Help *!!!*