Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

got a ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing that pisses me off with these stops is that they have very little to do with safety but dollars.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

whether it be for safety or money, in the end it doesn't make a difference.

if you dont give reasons to get stopped, you wont get stopped, simple as that. if you give reasons, then its your own fault... man up, pay the bill.

I'm aware of everything i do illegal on the road, speeding every now and then, tinted windows, illegal tail lights, etc, so it's not an issue when i get stopped for them, whether the police is just being an ***, or really feels there's an issue, i know those things aren't legal, and know the consequences if i get caught, no point in complaining and whining.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
whether it be for safety or money, in the end it doesn't make a difference.

if you dont give reasons to get stopped, you wont get stopped, simple as that. if you give reasons, then its your own fault... man up, pay the bill.

I'm aware of everything i do illegal on the road, speeding every now and then, tinted windows, illegal tail lights, etc, so it's not an issue when i get stopped for them, whether the police is just being an ***, or really feels there's an issue, i know those things aren't legal, and know the consequences if i get caught, no point in complaining and whining.
just wondering...
what do you think about the fact that he cut me off... then lied to me about doing it? ..and was obvious he was nervous cuz of his studdering and changing the subject..
Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^True story.

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
ya but i have no proof he did it and when i asked him why he did he just made up excuses and lied... so the court would be more likely to believe him..
Unfortunately the courts will always believe the officer above any citizen(s). Also, no matter how much of a dick the officer was before pulling you over it still won't matter in court. The officer isn't on the defense, you are.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
True story.

Unfortunately the courts will always believe the officer above any citizen(s). Also, no matter how much of a dick the officer was before pulling you over it still won't matter in court. The officer isn't on the defense, you are.
exactly
Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

just wondering...
what do you think about the fact that he cut me off... then lied to me about doing it? ..and was obvious he was nervous cuz of his studdering and changing the subject..
what silverado said...

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
it sucks, but thats just the way it is. just study up on your local laws and know what you can be stopped for. because them making an illegal stop is about the only way your ever going to get out of anything. even if he was driving ridiculous and acting like a jerk, its gonna come down to your word vs. his in court, and thats a battle you'll lose every time, since that won't void the fact that you were breaking the law from the get-go. Now if they pulled you over for something they weren't supposed, and then they find something wrong (like seat belt), i believe thats an easier fight because you never should have been pulled over in the first place, so the cop was in the wrong.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

xxxsilveradoxxx, Thats crazy and you still drive fast?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
it sucks, but thats just the way it is. just study up on your local laws and know what you can be stopped for.
Studying up on laws is the best thing you can do. Back in HS the Willows Police pulled my license for 6 months for some bogus ****, long story short I couldn't drive my whole senior year. So pissed off and with all the spare time in the world I studied up on law. Once I got my license back I became WPD's worst nightmare. After almost 10 years I have yet to incriminate myself, I've always exercised my rights during stops, I personally got a Willows Police officer fired for breaking the law and have represented a few of my friends in court winning 3 out of 3 cases. I've worked for my father ever since I graduated HS in 2002 but have recently returned to school. Flying crop dusters probably isn't that good of an idea with my spine in the condition that it is in. I'm not sure what exactly my major will be but I have been seriously considering law.

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
xxxsilveradoxxx, Thats crazy and you still drive fast?
Yeah, I don't really let it hold me back. Hell, I owned a CBR1000RR before my WS.6.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol cool..
Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they were broken when i got the car and after you got 160xxx miles im pretty sure the sun and just all the stress they take over time they do get more on the brittle side... again i bought the car with them broken so idk how it happened... but it did break in half where the two screws ran so maybe the person before me overtightened them... idk i really just think they were broken cuz of the wear and tear on my car..
I don't think it has anything to do with the sun...my car has 191K miles and 10 years on it, and it doesn't get to go in a garage. It's probably the same level of people that I refuse to let ride in my car in the passenger seat anymore because they try to get their feet out before the door is open, and wind up kicking the door panel...they're the one opening the ******* door in the first place, how hard could it be to succeed in opening it before trying to get out?...someone as useless as that probably leaned on your belt guides getting into or out of the back seat, or didn't look for the switch to lean the seat forward in the first place, and instead yanked on the guide until it broke...it sucks that some people suck THAT bad...but it happens.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
I don't think it has anything to do with the sun...my car has 191K miles and 10 years on it, and it doesn't get to go in a garage. It's probably the same level of people that I refuse to let ride in my car in the passenger seat anymore because they try to get their feet out before the door is open, and wind up kicking the door panel...they're the one opening the ******* door in the first place, how hard could it be to succeed in opening it before trying to get out?...someone as useless as that probably leaned on your belt guides getting into or out of the back seat, or didn't look for the switch to lean the seat forward in the first place, and instead yanked on the guide until it broke...it sucks that some people suck THAT bad...but it happens.
ya... i really dont know how it happened.. prob was a dumb *** before me haha oh well... gotta just fix it..

Quick Reply: got a ticket...