Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

got a ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Despite that, you shouldn't post things like "that cop was a 'tard" or "he was out to get you" just because you happen to get away with it. It kinda gives the wrong impression.
Cops enforce the law.
Seat belt laws were put in affect for good reason.
FTP most cops are power hungry misrible people that enjoy making other people suffer with them. If there was a cop in my family i would disown them. They may be 'just doing their job' but they are the ones that pic their jobs. I want work that will make people happy so i can go home knowing i've helped people out. anyways..
Old 05-27-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
damn man that sucks im sorry...
That's life, I just got pwned by scoliosis.

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
FTP most cops are power hungry misrible people that enjoy making other people suffer with them. If there was a cop in my family i would disown them. They may be 'just doing their job' but they are the ones that pic their jobs. I want work that will make people happy so i can go home knowing i've helped people out. anyways..
I don't know if I would go that far. I, personally, have had my run in with my share of bad cops for some of the stupidest **** ever. However, cops are people and people aren't perfect. Some people are good, some are bad.

Another fact is that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Now law enforcement may not have absolute power but they are very close to it.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
I'm not one of those people who don't wear their seat belts for fun, I have my reason.

I had that done a year before I got my drivers license. Dr. told me that I could trip over my own two feet and could be paralyzed from the waist or neck down. I'd rather die than be paralyzed, especially from the neck down.
I have seven fused in my upper back, I was in a car wreck at 18
Old 05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

^ That sucks, did you lose much mobility? My doctor said that I wouldn't lose any mobility since my back was already so curved that it couldn't move anyway. My spine was a 48° corkscrew. I remember my poor mother's face in the Dr.'s office when they showed us my X-Ray for the first time. She literally got sick enough that she had to go to the bathroom to throw up.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ That sucks, did you lose much mobility? My doctor said that I wouldn't lose any mobility since my back was already so curved that it couldn't move anyway. My spine was a 48° corkscrew. I remember my poor mother's face in the Dr.'s office when they showed us my X-Ray for the first time. She literally got sick enough that she had to go to the bathroom to throw up.
Yeah, I lost a bunch, I cant sleep on my back or my arms go numb. Doing any extreme physical activity even just working on my car for a couple of hours puts me down for about four hours. Life has been a living hell ever since my accident.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mattn
your are right that he might be a pita about the seatbelt but really how is the seatbelt protecting u if the shoulder belt is behind u?I dont even remember the last time i wore my seatbelt like dat.maybe around 10.my guide is also breoken off but u now what it doesnt hurt that much.
the seat belt wasnt behind me just fyi.. it was under my arm rather that over..
Old 05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

your all good man.. the cop that pulled me over was way obsessed with his power. every time i would catch him in a lie he would start studdering and change the subject.. that really pissed me off.. that a cop can do illegal things and just make an obvious lie and get away with it.... its just so fucked up...
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

maybe he pulled you over cause you have a red car eh?????
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00vipersteelZ
And i might add a pretty nice red car at that!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I removed my seat belt guide today and drove around with it. Damn, it has to be the most uncomfortable thing ever.
I'm replacing it ASAP!
However, I'm not driving around with my belt tucked under my armpit.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

What? Not wanting to get pulled over?!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00vipersteelZ
haha and again **** you steven

you just think your funny... so ******* FUNNY!! lol

Last edited by jb98camaro; 05-27-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

I removed my seat belt guide today and drove around with it. Damn, it has to be the most uncomfortable thing ever.
I'm replacing it ASAP!
haha ya try two years of having it like that lol thats why i did that... i have just been procrastinating fixing it badly... and now i let it go to long i guess..
Old 05-27-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

And i might add a pretty nice red car at that!
thanks bro haha
Old 05-27-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

What? Not wanting to get pulled over?!
i think either way i woulda got the ticket.. it looks pretty bad when its on your neck.. and the cop was obviously a big ao a dick to give me one no matter what..
Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Launching!

not to hijack thread but those highway patrols are dueshes... it was in the evening here where i live and it was dark and i come to this 4 way stop cop was already there. so i waited till he went then i did so i was behind him then he pulled over got behind me and lite me up. he got me for no front license plate but i got it signed off by a buddy and it is still off haha. but what really pissed me off is the car heading twords us befor he lite me up didnt even have is FREAKING lights on... WTF... and he didnt get me for my exhaust cause the DBs are to high, tinted windows and headlight covers.. come on and BTW im in CALI so we got all the gay rules...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BFarrier
not to hijack thread but those highway patrols are dueshes... it was in the evening here where i live and it was dark and i come to this 4 way stop cop was already there. so i waited till he went then i did so i was behind him then he pulled over got behind me and lite me up. he got me for no front license plate but i got it signed off by a buddy and it is still off haha. but what really pissed me off is the car heading twords us befor he lite me up didnt even have is FREAKING lights on... WTF... and he didnt get me for my exhaust cause the DBs are to high, tinted windows and headlight covers.. come on and BTW im in CALI so we got all the gay rules...
ya man im beginning to think all the highway patrol are from cali haha
Old 05-28-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BFarrier
Stop making excuses and put it on, simple as that. Fact of the matter is its the law. I was given a ticket by a cop who was also my friend for no front plate. Do you know how I keep from getting pulled over? I obey the traffic laws simple as that. I put the plate on and they threw the ticket out. I understand its a dumb law and I do not agree with it as well. But its not the cops fault hes just doing his job as well. I understand that a lot of Police out there can and are dicks but its like that with any job no matter if they are Police, Firefighter or a Co Worker. You also have to understand cops put up with a lot of **** from people. Every time I broke a traffic law and I knew it I was a man and accepted it. Its simple as that
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

^ which is why im payin for the ticket and fixin my seat belt guide haha
i always try to obey the laws but there are some i would never of known.. i had no idea the cop would write me a ticket for this.. iv been pulled over a couple times before that with the seat belt that way and never once did a cop say anything..
...but it happened and i gotta deal with it maturely...
even tho i have to pay the ticket right after my b-day lol

Last edited by jb98camaro; 05-28-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
^ which is why im payin for the ticket and fixin my seat belt guide haha
i always try to obey the laws but there are some i would never of known.. i had no idea the cop would wright me a ticket for this.. iv been pulled over a couple times before that with the seat belt that way and never once did a cop say anything..
...but it happened and i gotta deal with it maturely...
even tho i have to pay the ticket right after my b-day lol
Thats cool, I respect the fact that you are taking responsibility. I was a member of another car forum and I got so sick of kids asking how to get out of a ticket for going 145mph in a 75. If you are not prepared to pay for the consequences of your actions then dont break the law. I just paid off a ticket for going 100mph in a 65 on my R1. It sucks, and I was in a hurry. But I should not have been seeding. Im sorry about your tickets things like this really do suck when it happens.

Quick Reply: got a ticket...