Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

got a ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
The guides are easily replaced, like said you need to remove the section that bolts to the floor. The worst part is the cap on top of it. It will need some messing around with to get off and then its a Torx Bolt. Be careful, it does have loctite on it and can be a pain.

As for the ticket. NO matter the circumstance, the officer is right. Rules are there for a reason and municpalites (states/town gov.) are broke and if they can generate funds, they will.
If you dont want to deal with that just get the guides from a vert... they have a slit in them
Old 05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
If you dont want to deal with that just get the guides from a vert... they have a slit in them
ya i might do that... my buddy has those in his z and i like them.. or i'll do some third gen ones
Old 05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im thinking he used the license plate cover as an excuse. Im not sure about Utah but in the state of MT a Seat Belt is a Secondary Violation and they can not pull you over if you are wearing one. You do have the right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself. All you should have said was "Yes I did have it on." If you are parked and the vehicle is not in motion there is nothing he can do.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Im thinking he used the license plate cover as an excuse. Im not sure about Utah but in the state of MT a Seat Belt is a Secondary Violation and they can not pull you over if you are wearing one. You do have the right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself. All you should have said was "Yes I did have it on." If you are parked and the vehicle is not in motion there is nothing he can do.
ya here if your over 19 then they cant pull you over for it.. im 19 in 5 days...
but ya i could have plead the 5th amendment but they always win either way... i did tell him it was on and he said it was on wrong and wouldnt even listen to me try to explain why it was that way..
and the DAMN COP CUT ME OFF!!! and he still didnt have enough sympathy to leave me alone and not give me a ticket.. he was a ******* douche..
and i was even nice and told him i would go right home and figure out how to fix it...
Old 05-26-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
ya here if your over 19 then they cant pull you over for it.. im 19 in 5 days...
but ya i could have plead the 5th amendment but they always win either way... i did tell him it was on and he said it was on wrong and wouldnt even listen to me try to explain why it was that way..
and the DAMN COP CUT ME OFF!!! and he still didnt have enough sympathy to leave me alone and not give me a ticket.. he was a ******* douche..
and i was even nice and told him i would go right home and figure out how to fix it...
You need to understand something, He could have written you a ticket even though he was wrong Depending on the type of traffic ticket the ticket does not mean you are guilty of the crime it is like a summons to court. Then all you would have had to do was go to court (Leaving out the fact that he cut you off because it sounds like you are trying to throw the blame on someone else) Explain to the judge after pleading not guilty how you were parked and no longer wearing your set belt or had adjusted it for more comfort while you waited for your brother. When the officer initiated the traffic stop and approached your vehicle. Explain that you had been wearing your seat belt and the officer must have just missed seeing it while you were driving. Then the judge most likely would have said OK and thrown it out. Now if you plead not guilty the cop has all this stuff you told him to go off and tell the judge. Because basically you admitted to wearing your seat belt in an unsafe manner. Just get it fixed before court, explain that its fixed and it will get tossed out.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cops can right you a ticket for anything they want...doesn't mean your guilty or you did it, thats why there is court
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
You need to understand something, He could have written you a ticket even though he was wrong Depending on the type of traffic ticket the ticket does not mean you are guilty of the crime it is like a summons to court. Then all you would have had to do was go to court (Leaving out the fact that he cut you off because it sounds like you are trying to throw the blame on someone else) Explain to the judge after pleading not guilty how you were parked and no longer wearing your set belt or had adjusted it for more comfort while you waited for your brother. When the officer initiated the traffic stop and approached your vehicle. Explain that you had been wearing your seat belt and the officer must have just missed seeing it while you were driving. Then the judge most likely would have said OK and thrown it out. Now if you plead not guilty the cop has all this stuff you told him to go off and tell the judge. Because basically you admitted to wearing your seat belt in an unsafe manner. Just get it fixed before court, explain that its fixed and it will get tossed out.
Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Cops can right you a ticket for anything they want...doesn't mean your guilty or you did it, thats why there is court
i under stand all that. iv had alot of ppl say to do almost that same thing.. but sense i was picking up my brother he said he'd pay for the ticket.. its 45 bucks and it wont go on my record... its not a huge deal.. i might still file a report on the cop tho...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

trust me, the day you get in an accident you be happy you had them... my buddy and i got t-boned in his explorer by a jeep on my side of the car and i had bad bruising all the way down my shoulder and now my collar bone is all f-ed up but im glad i didnt have it behind my back.

but yes cops can be dicks tho, dont stress it.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

shoulda punched him in the dick
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by scj
shoulda punched him in the dick
if only if only... haha he prob didnt have one...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
trust me, the day you get in an accident you be happy you had them... my buddy and i got t-boned in his explorer by a jeep on my side of the car and i had bad bruising all the way down my shoulder and now my collar bone is all f-ed up but im glad i didnt have it behind my back.

but yes cops can be dicks tho, dont stress it.
ya i dont even feel comfortable without my seatbelt on.. iv made it a good habbit to put it on.. i just need to fix those shoulder guides..
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like that particular cop was a 'tard. I've never worn my seatbelt in the 10 years that I've been driving and I've never got pulled over for no seatbelt. Cop was obviously looking to get you. I wish you were closer, I'd represent you in court.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Sounds like that particular cop was a 'tard. I've never worn my seatbelt in the 10 years that I've been driving and I've never got pulled over for no seatbelt. Cop was obviously looking to get you. I wish you were closer, I'd represent you in court.
Yeah, because only a true retard wears a seat belt.
Hell, I hate those jackasses that installed air bags. What a waste. Safety features are a joke.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Yeah, because only a true retard wears a seat belt.
Hell, I hate those jackasses that installed air bags. What a waste. Safety features are a joke.

I'm not one of those people who don't wear their seat belts for fun, I have my reason.

I had that done a year before I got my drivers license. Dr. told me that I could trip over my own two feet and could be paralyzed from the waist or neck down. I'd rather die than be paralyzed, especially from the neck down.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Despite that, you shouldn't post things like "that cop was a 'tard" or "he was out to get you" just because you happen to get away with it. It kinda gives the wrong impression.
Cops enforce the law.
Seat belt laws were put in affect for good reason.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Did you read the first post?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Can you actually get a ticket for improper use of a seatbelt? I'd fight that one.
agreed
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Regular

this cop was a tard.. iv never met a more stupid, annoying, retarded cop in my life...
and he was a highway patrol.. i just found out when there writing tickets they can get overtime......they just have to be writing tickets.. he is a selfish dick that cut me off... BAD, and still pulled me over later in a school parking lot..

Last edited by jb98camaro; 05-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not one of those people who don't wear their seat belts for fun, I have my reason.

I had that done a year before I got my drivers license. Dr. told me that I could trip over my own two feet and could be paralyzed from the waist or neck down. I'd rather die than be paralyzed, especially from the neck down.
damn man that sucks im sorry...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

your are right that he might be a pita about the seatbelt but really how is the seatbelt protecting u if the shoulder belt is behind u?I dont even remember the last time i wore my seatbelt like dat.maybe around 10.my guide is also breoken off but u now what it doesnt hurt that much.

Quick Reply: got a ticket...