Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

got a ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry got a ticket...

k so a long while ago my seat belt guides had broken off my car... im sure that has happened to some other ppl with an fbody.. so anyways i always just drive my car with the seat belt under my arm..
sooo today this cop does this illegal u turn by an intersection and cuts me off... he was in a charger and the road wasnt that wide so he didnt make it so he stopped... so anyways i slammed my brakes and went around him. then he pulled behind me and kept driving. i pulled into a one way turn in a school parking to pick up my brother. i looked back and saw the cop go past.. the only other way into the parking lot was an exit only. so i parked out front of the school when next thing i realized there was that cop that cut me off with his lights on right behind me.. (im guessing he pulled in the exit only..)
so anyways enough with the babbling.. he told me my license plate cover was tinted when it was a clear cover from autozone.. it was just dirty..
he also said i didnt have my seat belt on, and i was like ya i did.. then he said thats not on right, it has to be over your shoulder.. so i showed him how it rubbed my neck when i put it how its suppose to and he said i shouldnt drive my car then.. so he wrote me a ticket for seat belt violation..
funny thing is he didnt notice my muffler was gone and i have no cats lol
oh ya and i forgot to mention the cop was a highway patrol...i dont know if that matters.. ha

so ya anyways i just dont want to deal with this bullshit again so can you guys give me some ideas on seat belt guides? i know theres the ones 6le has(had) idk if hes still got them... but anything else i could do??
Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

get a replacement. they run like 17-20 a piece on ebay for new ones.

i needed one for my camaro, so i just went and got one from the junk yard (free) in perfect condition. i always just had it rubbing my neck, never put it under the arm.

both ways are pretty unsafe though, if its at your neck, thats were the damage is gonna be if you get in an accident (neck, collar bone), under your arm , that would probably f#ck up your torso area (ribs) pretty bad in an accident. worn correctly it spreads the pressure across the body. consider him your guardian angel and get it fixed
Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

haha ya well an *** hole guardian angel! lol
i was gettin to fixin it...eventually.. haha.
one problem tho is that the leather on one of the seats is ripping and the part it mounts to is all fucked up haha. so i'll have to mess around with that tomorrow and see what i can do.. do you think i could make my own like the ones 6le sales? i might try doin that
Old 05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Not to thread hijack but my guides are fixed? how do you get the belt out of the guide?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
Not to thread hijack but my guides are fixed? how do you get the belt out of the guide?
The guides can break off the side of the seat. Somehow I guess, I'm not sure entirely how that would happen.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
my guides were broken when i got the car, not sure how it happened.

to remove the guide, you would need to unscrew the guide from the seat, and then unscrew the seat belt from the floor, which requires a torx bit. once thats off you just slide the guide off the belt. Or you can get the "convertible" seat belt guides, which have a slit in the guide to insert the seat belt, so that you dont need to detach the seatbelt to put it in the guide
Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you actually get a ticket for improper use of a seatbelt? I'd fight that one.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

the plastic there made out of isnt the best.. its kinda brittle.. thats gm for ya tho lol

id fight the ticket but the law actually says it has to be on properly..
what pisses me off is that he cut me off and i almost hit him and he still wrote me a ticket
Old 05-25-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get some 3rd gen belt guides, I used a pair on my 4th gen seats because the 4th gen guides are usually brittle and break when attempting to remove them. If I remember right I used a 3rd gen set on my dad's '02 Z28, they have a little slit where the screws go through and seem to be more flexible and forgiving.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...guidegray.aspx
Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Get some 3rd gen belt guides, I used a pair on my 4th gen seats because the 4th gen guides are usually brittle and break when attempting to remove them. If I remember right I used a 3rd gen set on my dad's '02 Z28, they have a little slit where the screws go through and seem to be more flexible and forgiving.

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...guidegray.aspx
hmm thoses look pretty good thanks man. i might try these out!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guides are easily replaced, like said you need to remove the section that bolts to the floor. The worst part is the cap on top of it. It will need some messing around with to get off and then its a Torx Bolt. Be careful, it does have loctite on it and can be a pain.

As for the ticket. NO matter the circumstance, the officer is right. Rules are there for a reason and municpalites (states/town gov.) are broke and if they can generate funds, they will.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
As for the ticket. NO matter the circumstance, the officer is right. Rules are there for a reason and municpalites (states/town gov.) are broke and if they can generate funds, they will.
yup already faced that fact..
Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Teching In

In my expierence, state patrols are typically less forgiving on things. that sucks though.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Man that sucks Ive got the same problem but I need it in light grey I cant seem to find them anywhere!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The funny thing is the lisence plate covers are totally legal in most states if they are water tight...tinted or not

I know a guy that has a tinted one on his 02 z28...gets pulled over all the time and has a print out of the law in his center console, it's caulked on there so it's water tight
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Can you actually get a ticket for improper use of a seatbelt? I'd fight that one.
That's what I was thinking. That's bullshit IMO. Sounds like he just wanted to give you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

And by the sound of his driving, he should give himself a few tickets.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
That's what I was thinking. That's bullshit IMO. Sounds like he just wanted to give you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

And by the sound of his driving, he should give himself a few tickets.
exactly.. i want to report him!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guides are easy to find I bought some off a member on here for like eight bucks. Look around I'm sure you can find some. As far as the ticket goes I don't know what to do. I've never heard of a right or wrong way to wear a seatbelt. I always thought if it was on it was on and who cares.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
The funny thing is the lisence plate covers are totally legal in most states if they are water tight...tinted or not

I know a guy that has a tinted one on his 02 z28...gets pulled over all the time and has a print out of the law in his center console, it's caulked on there so it's water tight
the cop was just plain stupid... he didnt even notice i had no muffler! i dont even have tips! retard ehh?? anyone could see that...
there was dirt all over my license plate cover from this past shitty storm that went through.. apparently thats tint to him...
Old 05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
Guides are easy to find I bought some off a member on here for like eight bucks. Look around I'm sure you can find some. As far as the ticket goes I don't know what to do. I've never heard of a right or wrong way to wear a seatbelt. I always thought if it was on it was on and who cares.
same here... cops saw me with it like that all the time so i figured it was okay...

Quick Reply: got a ticket...