11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Oh damn
Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
LOL. Good stuff. Maybe you should ask the other guy who is trying to make a kit for these cars....oh wait

I can assure everyone the headlights will not have a bubble lens. I have taken all the comments into consideration and I am confident you will be pleased with the final product once we get there. I'm a rational person so all this is just talk at this point. Everyone wants to see results and I don't blame anyone for that.

Keep the pics coming!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 AM
j0n
11 Second Club

Just to add to what has already been said by the NJ crew, any doubters should know that I consult on this project daily(whether I like it or not), and the brainstorming/fabrication continues every day. Have no fear, these WILL come to market, and they WILL look fantastic.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
LOL. Good stuff. Maybe you should ask the other guy who is trying to make a kit for these cars....oh wait

I can assure everyone the headlights will not have a bubble lens. I have taken all the comments into consideration and I am confident you will be pleased with the final product once we get there. I'm a rational person so all this is just talk at this point. Everyone wants to see results and I don't blame anyone for that.

Keep the pics coming!
Nice, bubble lens would have been the deciding NO factor for me. Good to hear, but damn cant you at least show us something lol
Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

I to have been patiently waiting, i have even emailed you a couple times in the last few years and every time it gets closer and closer. can't wait to see this finished and i would be willing to pay the 800-900 for them expecially after what you have already released but hope you can make it cheaper
Old 02-14-2011, 02:04 AM
TECH Addict

^^Yeah $500-600 would be great, but I honestly don't expect that

I'll be ordering an new set of HIDs and fog lights for the time being, but there is deffinately interest here
Old 02-19-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Keeping this thread bumped
Old 02-26-2011, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

cant wait for the finished product! be nice to see some spy pics lol
Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 03-04-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Patience my friend....
Old 03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

Did someone just fart?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:20 AM

Well I was sick of waiting for a set so I made my own. Bi-xenon fx-r projector, pelxiglass, an some bolts is all you need.check em out on my facebook. John clothier beaver dam ky. You can still go back to stock if you wanted to. That's the best part. Just pm me for any info. Ill post some install details later I only have one side done right now.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds interesting. How does it look? I don't see why you can't post pics here. Are you leaving the projector lens exposed?

I can see there is frustration building. Just to provide some info, a bi-xenon projector, smaller than the FX-R is going to be used for this setup. Essentially there will be a dual high beam with a plug and play wiring harness to control everything perfectly. There is going to be a lot of light on the road
Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds interesting. How does it look? I don't see why you can't post pics here. Are you leaving the projector lens exposed?

I can see there is frustration building. Just to provide some info, a bi-xenon projector, smaller than the FX-R is going to be used for this setup. Essentially there will be a dual high beam with a plug and play wiring harness to control everything perfectly. There is going to be a lot of light on the road
so for the normal lt1, we have an indiviudual low beam and high beam on each side. i'm thinking to pull off the look, i would need to get 4 of the projector housings you are coming out with, cause to have a stock housing next to your future projector housing does not work with what i'm picturing. (i don't like the look of the "winking" car for example on the breathless kit for firebirds)

will you be selling the kits in sets of 4 or 2 housings? or will there be the option? i would definitely want to buy a matching set of 4 housings. is the wiring (for a kit of 4) being set up that all 4 lights will be on at the same time for both low and high? we'll have 4 hid bi xenon bulbs?? or will one housing be a dummy on each side?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez
so for the normal lt1, we have an indiviudual low beam and high beam on each side. i'm thinking to pull off the look, i would need to get 4 of the projector housings you are coming out with, cause to have a stock housing next to your future projector housing does not work with what i'm picturing. (i don't like the look of the "winking" car for example on the breathless kit for firebirds)

will you be selling the kits in sets of 4 or 2 housings? or will there be the option? i would definitely want to buy a matching set of 4 housings. is the wiring (for a kit of 4) being set up that all 4 lights will be on at the same time for both low and high? we'll have 4 hid bi xenon bulbs?? or will one housing be a dummy on each side?
The stock high beam housing will also be new as well. I agree completely it will look odd with a new projector unit next to the stock sealed beam. Big no no.

The work on the bi-xenon portion will make the high beam side easier to develop unless I tie both units together into a full assembly. I have a couple options here but the mini bixenon projector would be a shame to waste as just a low beam only unit. Double highs would be interesting and very easy. I would still recommend halogens for the high beam units since they are cycled on/off more often than the lows. It may be a a bit redundant but I think its going to look really good while being extremely effective. Most people do not drive with their highs on all the time and most are not concerned with how the light looks with it on.

A high beam projector may be an option but getting a housing around it will be a bit tricky. It's something I am fiddling with in the shop. I'm really happy GM thought the lighting out well with these cars while giving plenty of room for modification.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL well im sure if anybody can do it its you hahahaha im patiently waiting
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

The stock high beam housing will also be new as well. I agree completely it will look odd with a new projector unit next to the stock sealed beam. Big no no.

The work on the bi-xenon portion will make the high beam side easier to develop unless I tie both units together into a full assembly. I have a couple options here but the mini bixenon projector would be a shame to waste as just a low beam only unit. Double highs would be interesting and very easy. I would still recommend halogens for the high beam units since they are cycled on/off more often than the lows. It may be a a bit redundant but I think its going to look really good while being extremely effective. Most people do not drive with their highs on all the time and most are not concerned with how the light looks with it on.

A high beam projector may be an option but getting a housing around it will be a bit tricky. It's something I am fiddling with in the shop. I'm really happy GM thought the lighting out well with these cars while giving plenty of room for modification.
oh i think i see, hahaha. i was initially thinking this would be done in the general idea of the 98-02 firebird premium kit (without the bubble lens design), where you sell 4 housings (overall rectangular shape with a round projector in middle), and even though the low is hid and the high is halogen they look extremely similar in the day time with the lights off.

the night time look, i'm not very concerned with at all, i know it will perform great like your other kits, and that's all you need at night. it's the daytime look of the housings that is my and probably everyone that jumped into thread's question. since we can't hide our lights during the day like firebirds, i think it's important for all 4 housings to look like they belong next to each other. i'm not sure a modern looking projector housing in place of our lows would look good without another modern looking housing in place of our highs. you're saying there might not be enough room for a projector housing with a halogen light (like you offer for 98-02 firebird) in place of our highs??
Old 03-09-2011, 05:27 PM

i like the breathless kits nice clean simple, but i like the look of two projectors too. im making my kit for way less then the BLS or the breathless kits. i got like $200 cash an mabe 4 hours time in them so far. FX-r projectors $120 hid kit $30 d2s adapter $9 on ebay. lexan and plexi $12 a sheet lowes an like 10 bucks in bolts and springs.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Old 03-09-2011, 05:50 PM

when i get done i was thinkin of posting install pics a all the things youll need to know. i mean im just sayin theres no way i would pay 500 to 1000 for some headlights. fell sorry for the fool who has. what happen to custom fab. everyone wants bolt ons well if you want it they dont sell it so make it. then you could sell it for say 400 an still make money. im just sayin

Quick Reply: Interest Thread - 93-97 Camaro Projector Setup - Input Needed