Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interest Thread - 93-97 Camaro Projector Setup - Input Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011 | 11:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shaggy2dope7373
when i get done i was thinkin of posting install pics a all the things youll need to know. i mean im just sayin theres no way i would pay 500 to 1000 for some headlights. fell sorry for the fool who has. what happen to custom fab. everyone wants bolt ons well if you want it they dont sell it so make it. then you could sell it for say 400 an still make money. im just sayin

Good job on your custom fab. I would like the bolt on's just because i want a projector in a stock looking house. I think that's what a lot of other guys are looking for too. Most of us could probably just bolt a projector in place of the stocker but that just isn't what we're looking for.
Old 03-11-2011 | 11:52 AM

If stock look is what your looking for then no my setup is not for you. I'm not done yet I plan to try a few different things as far as clear covers plexi work. new corvette style. I'm not all for the big air dams that serve no purpose look. Just don't want tha ricer looking 98-02 lights that look like they came off a rx-8
Old 03-11-2011 | 01:11 PM

BLSolutions
Sounds interesting. How does it look? I don't see why you can't post pics here. Are you leaving the projector lens exposed?
yea i guess i didnt show a pic of the glass work theres 2 parts the front is plexiglass an the back is lexan. what i done was made a bracket like the stock bulb bracket. but a fx-r fits in it. lexan is strong good for anything you just cant mold it like plexi. thats y only the back is lexan. so no it is protected an waterproof. going to try save some money, im tight. im going to remove the glass from the highs an replace it with clear glass. befor i go to the 4 lows 4 highs setup.
Old 03-11-2011 | 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez
oh i think i see, hahaha. i was initially thinking this would be done in the general idea of the 98-02 firebird premium kit (without the bubble lens design), where you sell 4 housings (overall rectangular shape with a round projector in middle), and even though the low is hid and the high is halogen they look extremely similar in the day time with the lights off.

the night time look, i'm not very concerned with at all, i know it will perform great like your other kits, and that's all you need at night. it's the daytime look of the housings that is my and probably everyone that jumped into thread's question. since we can't hide our lights during the day like firebirds, i think it's important for all 4 housings to look like they belong next to each other. i'm not sure a modern looking projector housing in place of our lows would look good without another modern looking housing in place of our highs. you're saying there might not be enough room for a projector housing with a halogen light (like you offer for 98-02 firebird) in place of our highs??
I am tinkering with another dedicated high beam projector for that location. Again, fully agree that you can't have something new next to something old. It simply won't work but I can expand the frame to include a high beam as well which should be fairly easy. Idea is that there is a solid new frame to bolt to the existing headlight bracket. This would make for a simplistic install. Adjustments could be made easily internally with a sealed cover to go over everything. Install simplicity is also very important. Due to the projector length, the low beam housing needs to come towards the front of the car. Slanting the front of the housing at a similar angle to the front end would also look pretty slick.

when i get done i was thinkin of posting install pics a all the things youll need to know. i mean im just sayin theres no way i would pay 500 to 1000 for some headlights. fell sorry for the fool who has. what happen to custom fab. everyone wants bolt ons well if you want it they dont sell it so make it. then you could sell it for say 400 an still make money. im just sayin
Calling customers who have purchased our kits a fool is quite insulting and I would take that discussion elsewhere. Everyone has their own priorities and perceived value of an item, especially when it comes to auto upgrades. Many are not able to fabricate something from nothing while making the setup reliable.

yea i guess i didnt show a pic of the glass work theres 2 parts the front is plexiglass an the back is lexan. what i done was made a bracket like the stock bulb bracket. but a fx-r fits in it. lexan is strong good for anything you just cant mold it like plexi. thats y only the back is lexan. so no it is protected an waterproof. going to try save some money, im tight. im going to remove the glass from the highs an replace it with clear glass. befor i go to the 4 lows 4 highs setup.
As you have posted, the setup appears that it may be effective however how are you handling adjustment of the projector? Throwing projectors in the the front of these cars has been done but as this thread has mentioned, this is not what many of the Camaro owners are looking for. It is your car so if you are happy with it then thats all that matters.
Old 03-11-2011 | 08:03 PM

Ok first didn't mean to bad mouth anyone sorry if you were offended. I just think the kits are over priced. At 800 that's cutting out a lot of people that would like to have em. I've made a few kits for other cars my friends. an they feel the same way call me cheap. At thos prices you could get a turbo or even a set of internals. My setup adjust just like stock I mean just like it I used the stock spring on the bottom an the stock adjustment screw on top.
Old 03-11-2011 | 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok first didn't mean to bad mouth anyone sorry if you were offended. I just think the kits are over priced. At 800 that's cutting out a lot of people that would like to have em.
Ever price an OEM projector? $800 for a custom set is a great deal. Although I fab almost everything i'm not going to attempt this on my own b/c I dont want it to look like a**.
Old 03-11-2011 | 09:30 PM

I won't post anymore here Ok I see that every one is a die hard bls brand fan. I was just trying to give the people who can't afford the 800 dollar kit some cheaper options. Like I said it took me 4 hours to make a mounting bracket an weather proof the projector. An I've been looking for years never seen it done. Well never high quality performance projectors. I have better lights than my buddys bmw now an he's impressed. Cuz he knows if I work on them for a year I would have headlights that are better than any oem. An oem is always twice what any aftermarket is never go to a dealership. For oem parts rockauto.com is the place.
Old 03-12-2011 | 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

I won't post anymore here Ok I see that every one is a die hard bls brand fan. I was just trying to give the people who can't afford the 800 dollar kit some cheaper options. Like I said it took me 4 hours to make a mounting bracket an weather proof the projector. An I've been looking for years never seen it done. Well never high quality performance projectors. I have better lights than my buddys bmw now an he's impressed. Cuz he knows if I work on them for a year I would have headlights that are better than any oem. An oem is always twice what any aftermarket is never go to a dealership. For oem parts rockauto.com is the place.
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary/Hella90/

This is a cheap and pretty simple install but you have to do some permanent modifications that some people might not like. It seems that BLS is trying to offer a great performing projector with a simple install and have easy adjustment. Plus he wants it to look good. Also, its not like you are just getting a new housing for the money, you get bulbs, ballasts, and wiring along with complete step by step instructions. The extra money being spent here seems to be justified in most people's eyes. I can't wait to see what BLS develops.
Old 03-14-2011 | 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the response BLS, i'm glad you're on the same page with the importance of the overall day time appearance. now i will wait patiently, haha.

personally, if these lights are gonna be 800 bucks, but they look like 800 buck lights then i got no problem paying the money. there's something to be said about a professional built and looking lighting system that's plug n play without having to make permanent modifications to your car. my car is past the experimenting phase and is show ready, and i can't be experimenting with drilling in projectors and such. i know i'm not the norm, but it seems that these lights aren't being made to just be a run of the mill cheapy mod. as a true lt1 camaro enthusiast that has put money into my car to keep it, not just to beat around in it for a while, like most of these cars are, i like that.
Old 03-14-2011 | 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yesterday i got megablinded by a civic, then a suburban, then a silverado, all in my work truck...

as soon as my TA is back from the shop im gonna chase people down and scream YOUVE GOT CHEAP SHITTY LIGHTS!!!! then flash the brights because w the cutoff on yours (Brian) wont teach anyone any lessons

i cant wait to see how good the lt1s look w these things
Old 03-16-2011 | 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uummmmmmppppppppppppppp
Old 03-23-2011 | 12:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Bump again
Old 03-23-2011 | 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Hahaha dude relax, I harass the guys at BLS daily for these. Good progress as been made but it takes time fully develop a good product.
Old 03-24-2011 | 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Hahaha dude relax, I harass the guys at BLS daily for these. Good progress as been made but it takes time fully develop a good product.
Im just bored so i go looking for this thread
Old 03-24-2011 | 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

same! Can't wait for some progress shots....coughcough.....
Old 04-15-2011 | 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

I couldn't help myself

Some of us work too much at our day jobs to fab up anything worth while, we'll be waiting in the meantime.

Thmft
Old 04-20-2011 | 12:31 PM

Doing a projector conversion really isnt all that bad. I found an OEM set up that with some minor work to your headlight panel with a dremel, fits right in and shines amazing.

For details, PM me and I can tell you how it was done. Whole process of less than two hours and budget less than $200
Old 04-20-2011 | 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

^ IMO those look out of place, especially with the gaps all around the lights.
Old 04-20-2011 | 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cfallsguy
^ IMO those look out of place, especially with the gaps all around the lights.
I agree! I'd rather have stock head lights... No disrespect, but that looks like something I would find in back woods Alabama past the trailer park...

But kudos to you for taking it on!

Last edited by turbo; 04-20-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2011 | 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the lights, maybe make/fibreglass some kind of housing for them?

Quick Reply: Interest Thread - 93-97 Camaro Projector Setup - Input Needed