Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interest Thread - 93-97 Camaro Projector Setup - Input Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interest Thread - 93-97 Camaro Projector Setup - Input Needed

It seems there is a lot of interest in a 93-97 Camaro projector headlight setup based on responses on the current BLS 98+ and 93-97 Firebird kit due out shortly.

Bottom line: This is quite a challenge to pull off due to the very tight area of the 93-97 Camaro but I believe something can always be done. If I can't get it to perform or look good to boot...I simply will not do it.

Here are just a few ideas I've batted around regarding the idea. Your input is appreciated. Based on preliminary measurements, I'm confident a better performing setup can be made but aesthetics are a real important factor not only for myself but all potential customers.

Option 1: Simplest/Cheapest - Fit a quality projector in both the low and high beam position and make it plug and play. It would simply look like two eyes in each of the headlight areas. Some people don't mind this look but others may.

Option 2: Same as option 1 but supply the headlight covers that I've seen around. This would cover up the lights and still provide good output.

Option 3: Protective cover lens over the projectors to give it a bit more of a finished look. The projector eyes will still be viewable but take on somewhat the appearance of the 98+ BLS kit.

Pricing - How much would you be willing to pay for the type of setups mentioned above? I'm looking to keep this serious and based on the 98+ Firebird kit, I don't see this being very cheap. How many of you would be willing to pay this kind of premium? Everyone wants a really awesome set of $200 lights but this is simply not plausible.

Seeing as I am based out of NJ, if anyone is willing to let me tinker with their car for an afternoon, I can likely come up with an idea fairly quickly. Again, many have gone down this road and have either had lackluster results of the investment costs were simply too high.

All constructive input would be appreciative and I can see what I can do.

-Brian @ BLS
Old 06-08-2010, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

I live in the D.C. area and I wouldnt mind lending you my car. Its a 97 Z28. I would love to see this project turn out well. I followed the other thread about this on camaroz28... and after 2 years there still was nothing to show
Old 06-08-2010, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Not doubting you but this seems oddly familiar. But good luck on this. I hope it dont turn out like the last time. If these lights work out, then i will be making a purchase. Ive been looking for a solution for years.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

come up to long island and make me a set.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by future_Z_Owner
Not doubting you but this seems oddly familiar. But good luck on this. I hope it dont turn out like the last time. If these lights work out, then i will be making a purchase. Ive been looking for a solution for years.
Yea I've heard of all the hopeful projects which no one ever followed through with. I'm hopeful I can get this done but just need a car local to play with.

Originally Posted by 3800RS
come up to long island and make me a set.
I'm looking for someone more local to me in NJ but I will keep you in mind.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just thinking today about how it would be nice to have a true HID conversion kit for 93-97 Camaros. So yes, I'm interested!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

I'm in NJ. Contact me at TPASQUERETTA@BENDHEIM.COM
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

You know I'm interested!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I am definitely interested ! I know theres a good handful of people over at LTXTech
that are interested as well

Oh and Option #3 . I want it to look as good as possible and not cheap . Im willing to pay $800-$950 for the set .
Old 06-08-2010, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

It would also be cool if you could keep the rectangular style housing with a
projector inside of it . So you can not have the eyeball effect like the Hellas do
and more of a factory look to it but very modernized
Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

You can also get me at RCent@myself.com. I have some great ideas on how to make it work. I also work in the glass paint field
Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
projector inside of it . So you can not have the eyeball effect like the Hellas do
That's what I would like to do.

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
You can also get me at RCent@myself.com. I have some great ideas on how to make it work. I also work in the glass paint field
Email sent
Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
Agreed 100% on option 3. Definitely want to keep the rectangular housing look as much as possible, IMO the round lights don't look right in these cars.

On another note, seeing as how there are basically NO other options for the LT1 Camaros, I don't think you will have any trouble selling them.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Not me. I dont think that it is worth it. Maybe for someones custom show car.

If you came out with a projector that keep the 9006 style connector for the low beams maybe. Guess have to see how it looks
Old 06-09-2010, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Not me. I dont think that it is worth it. Maybe for someones custom show car.

If you came out with a projector that keep the 9006 style connector for the low beams maybe. Guess have to see how it looks
Everything would be plug and play as to be consistent with the 98+ Firebird kit and upcoming 93-97 Firebird kit.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

A housing for the low beam that takes a 9006 bulb Id be game I can reuse my current hids then
Old 06-09-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

I'm not sure about what your plans are, but an idea is to offer 2 kits. One with all 4 replacement lights. And one with just the low beams..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Launching!

What size projector will fit in there. I don't have ltx camaro but don't mind giving some ideas. One would find good size projector and use the stock high beam. Another idea same style but make a mold to where it would look like ----0 <-- if you can picture it. Where it would use the projector but a quality driving light for passing. Would a 90-96 chevy truck headlight fit with some modificItion. I got more and could draw up a couple ideas to get a better picture.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk
What size projector will fit in there. I don't have ltx camaro but don't mind giving some ideas. One would find good size projector and use the stock high beam. Another idea same style but make a mold to where it would look like ----0 <-- if you can picture it. Where it would use the projector but a quality driving light for passing. Would a 90-96 chevy truck headlight fit with some modificItion. I got more and could draw up a couple ideas to get a better picture.
Projector choice will not be easy since the area is small. I would like to try getting the projector used in the 98+ Firebird kit in there since it performs really well while still being compact and totally sealed.

I understand your idea and not sure how it would look but will def. see what works. The truck headlight is an option and someone accomplished this on another forum but it required quite a bit of modification and I was not fond of the looks...also not sure of the performance.

My first goal is to get a projector into the housing and work from there to make it look good.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Just throwing out ideas here:

There was cutting and whatnot involved in this, and it's not a projector setup. Neat looking though, 98-02 aftermarket retrofit to a 93. I would pay 800-900 for something like that with projectors. I would rather cut my car to fit something nice, than bolt in something funky. I dislike the hella and truck look.

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mitymouse17/

Quick Reply: Interest Thread - 93-97 Camaro Projector Setup - Input Needed