Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Installed Glowshift pillar pod(3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Glowshift pillar pod(3)

I just got my Trans am yesterday and I must say I've never had so much fun driving a car especially after waiting 2 years to find the right one. Anyway here are some pictures of my glowshift pillar pod with transmission, oil and water temperature gauges. The electrical isn't hooked up yet Im not a mechanic so I'm going to ask my dad to help me do it because hes been a GM mechanic for 35 years. The pillar pod that glowshift sent was kind of crappy plastic looking, nevermind kind of IT WAS crappy and cheap looking, but I spray painted it semi gloss black and it looked great. Another problem was that it wasnt molded right and didnt fit right when it was put in tight so I had to cut each end off a couple inches. It looks great though. To secure it I just added some industrial strength velcro to the top end and the bottom part kind of clicks into place so I only needed it at the top.
*protective screens are still on the gague faces.
Attached Thumbnails Installed Glowshift pillar pod(3)-untitled.jpg   Installed Glowshift pillar pod(3)-untitled2.jpg  
Old 06-12-2010, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Looks great!! I love my Glowshift Fuel Pressure Gauge! but on the velcro, you may have a problem with it holding if the car sits out in the heat.....
Old 06-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

looks great. why did you double up on the water temp tho and not out something else in?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
Looks great!! I love my Glowshift Fuel Pressure Gauge! but on the velcro, you may have a problem with it holding if the car sits out in the heat.....
Yeah It already fell off because its a little hot like in the eighties and the car was just prepped and had vinyl shine on it, fell off when I was at wendys but I cleaned the surface and havent had a problem since. It came with screws but I just didn't want to do anything that can't be undone yet since I just got the car. Yeah once I get a little shot of nintrous Ill get a fuel pressure gauge and nitrous pressure. One of the glowshift fuel pressure gauges sends an alarm I think if fuel pressure drops below whatever level you set it at.
Originally Posted by mikehaase1norse
looks great. why did you double up on the water temp tho and not out something else in?
Well I just figured Id put all my temperatures on the same side/area and when I get nitrous Ill just put fuel and nitrous pressure gauges together in the center dash. What else besides fuel pressure could I have put on the pillar that would be useful?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mikehaase1norse
after '98, the water temp gauge doesn't read actual temp. It's more of a dummy gauge... it will stay at 210 (?) and won't move up or down unless there is like a 25%(?) change in the water temp... so you could be over 260* before it changes, and then when it does change, it just shoots right to the red..
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh well I guess I lucked out buying the water temp gauge then.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice setup
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks! Im going to have to get some 3M tape to hold it up the velcro is too thick and didn't hold right since I didnt clean the surface right away. I got the wiring all ran tonight it was just a quick job nothing permanent, the wires are ran everywhere looks like crap, but thats not the point. I love the colors and the way it looks Ill get some pictures up tomorow. Anyone know where a common ground is that is used to ground stuff?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
after '98, the water temp gauge doesn't read actual temp. It's more of a dummy gauge... it will stay at 210 (?) and won't move up or down unless there is like a 25%(?) change in the water temp... so you could be over 260* before it changes, and then when it does change, it just shoots right to the red..
hmm never heard anything like that before. interesting tho. my 95 is on the nuts.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

What adapters did you have to get for the install? I just got a three pod set. Water temp, Oil pres, Fuel pres. I want to install them but I wanna make sure I have everything.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

came across this and just wanted to say that I have Glowshift nitrous pressure gauge and love it! it has worked great for years and looks awesome.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got the same gauge pillar, and for what it is, it's actually pretty nice and fits well. Mine matches the rest of the interior pretty damn good.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the pod as well. It's decent and gets the job down, the mounting screws irritate me from time to time. But I'm really picky.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know... lot cheaper than the automated ones!

Quick Reply: Installed Glowshift pillar pod(3)