Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NTX tech wax users

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTX tech wax users

hey guys i was just at a vette show in IL (a VERY large show) anyways i had been having problems with the NXT tech wax with it becoming very smudgy and having issues with removing it from the car. At the show there was a maguires tent and they were demo-ing some stuff. I had a minute to speak with a rep about my problem, he stated that because of the humidity the wax has a very hard time drying so the best thing to do was leave the wax on to harden over night or for a full day if you can. he also said that the wax has a hard time drying over-all so even in dry humidity leave the car for half a day atleast for it to dry completely and the "swipe test" does not work with this wax.

just thought it was some food for thought, i was getting frustrated with this wax but i know theres a few people on here that use it so i thought id share. defiantly ordering some zaino soon.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to use less product. I can tell you right now that is 98% of your issue.

Review this link, right from the source. Yes there is a little time that you will wait, but if you CAKE the car with it, your going to have a longer wait time. It comes off even and clean. Use a clean Terry Cloth towel as it helps removal and will not swirl the car.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=39350
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Resident

You are correct. Humidity does play a huge factor. Just used this on two cars.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

i use nxt and have had similar problems on the really humid days here. i dont use an excessive amount either.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
You need to use less product. I can tell you right now that is 98% of your issue.

Review this link, right from the source. Yes there is a little time that you will wait, but if you CAKE the car with it, your going to have a longer wait time. It comes off even and clean. Use a clean Terry Cloth towel as it helps removal and will not swirl the car.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=39350
the first time i used it i did use too much, however the most recent time i made sure to use a very thin coat. It didnt dry well because it was at 110% humidity that day
Old 06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
the first time i used it i did use too much, however the most recent time i made sure to use a very thin coat. It didnt dry well because it was at 110% humidity that day
I hear yea and I will say this....

Here are 2 cars I recently did, both in decent humidity and heat and I followed the process correctly....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...ummer-toy.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...ns-inside.html

Both used the #7 Glaze, Topped with NXT 2.0, and then Finished off with #26 Hi-Tech yellow. The results are the proof it works fine.

IMO If I lived somewhere with BAD humidity, I would have a detailing bay with a Dehumidifier, IF I had no access, then simply LIGHT as I can on the coat and wait my time.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what i do no matter what brand wax i use is put on very light coats at a time then if i feel like its not enough after i let it set up and dry ill follow it with another coat then proceed to let it set up and dry then go back and take it off
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

I apply it in my garage and have a fan blowing on it to help dry it faster, no probs and it can get pretty humid here in Hawaii.

Quick Reply: NTX tech wax users