Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Light

Ok, I have searched for the last 30 min and cant come up with an answer. I just picked up a couple of resistors to install on my air bag connectors so my airbag light is not on. (Just installed an aftermarket wheel) Can someone PM me a link or some information on installing the resistors so I dont **** it up and have my Passenger Airbag deploy as soon as I re connect the battery. Thank you
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The easiest way to keep the pass airbag from deploying is to unplug it. Pull the glove box down and look for the yellow clip going to the airbag and unplug it. You will have the airbag light, but you already have it anyway. Just install a resistor in that plug as well and you're good to go. I had the airbag light lit up for years until I dropped the glove compartment and realized the dopes that repaired my car after the wreck never plugged the new pass airbag in. Plugged it in and light hasn't been on since.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAVE00
The easiest way to keep the pass airbag from deploying is to unplug it. Pull the glove box down and look for the yellow clip going to the airbag and unplug it. You will have the airbag light, but you already have it anyway. Just install a resistor in that plug as well and you're good to go. I had the airbag light lit up for years until I dropped the glove compartment and realized the dopes that repaired my car after the wreck never plugged the new pass airbag in. Plugged it in and light hasn't been on since.
Problem is, for my insurance to cover my car I Must retain my passenger Airbag. I asked them about my old Denali how I had a key I could turn my passenger Airbag off with. They then told me in the event of an accident, if the passenger airbag is off your are not covered. Sure is nice of them to tell you that sort of stuff when you get a policy.

Unless I misunderstood you post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Problem is, for my insurance to cover my car I Must retain my passenger Airbag. I asked them about my old Denali how I had a key I could turn my passenger Airbag off with. They then told me in the event of an accident, if the passenger airbag is off your are not covered. Sure is nice of them to tell you that sort of stuff when you get a policy.

Unless I misunderstood you post
That's stupid on the part of the insurance company, what if you have a child or pregnant wife in the pass seat? Are they gonna use this rule to weasel out of paying a claim?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's stupid on the part of the insurance company, what if you have a child or pregnant wife in the pass seat? Are they gonna use this rule to weasel out of paying a claim?
I am sure in those instances you would be covered. They just dont mention **** like that. I freaking hate dealing with insurance companies. Everyone I talk to seems shady as if they are trying to rip you off. I mean why should it feel like Im buying crack from a shady drug dealer when shopping for car insurance! haha
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you sure your insurance is saying they won't cover the vehicle if the airbags are off or they won't cover bodily injury to your person or passengers? I am quite surprised that they would arbitrarily not cover the whole vehicle for the airbag and also that they won't drop you now anyway since you have removed your driver-side airbag already. What insurance company are you with?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you sure your insurance is saying they won't cover the vehicle if the airbags are off or they won't cover bodily injury to your person or passengers? I am quite surprised that they would arbitrarily not cover the whole vehicle for the airbag and also that they won't drop you now anyway since you have removed your driver-side airbag already. What insurance company are you with?
Farmers Insurance Company, I'm changing companies seeing as my policy expires soon. I'm getting ready to store my car for the winter so I need a good company with one of them Winter Storage Policy's. My winter mods are going to be large and quite extensive this winter.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump, come one guys. I know a few of you have installed the resistors before. Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Air Bag Light