Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Blue interior accents...need some ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010 | 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Blue interior accents...need some ideas!

Anyone have any blue interior accents? I've seen the usual blue gauges, LEDs, HVAC panels, etc. I'd like to see some different stuff as well. Post some pics!
Old 10-15-2010 | 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I added blue LED lights in the footwells and a blue dome light. The foot well lights def help seeing .
Old 10-15-2010 | 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssteven
I added blue LED lights in the footwells and a blue dome light. The foot well lights def help seeing .
I'm trying to stay away from blue lights, since my gauge lights, shift light, and other instrument panel lights are red and will be staying that way. I'm looking more for various trim pieces and things like that.
Old 10-16-2010 | 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

With your car and the blue inserts in your seats i would keep it really simple and it would look amazing . Not sure if ya wanna ditch the airbag or not , but if ya do . I would do a suede personal( the brand) grinta steering wheel with blue stitching and then have redline goods make you a suede shift boot and ebrake boot with blue stitching . I would call it day there . It'd be subtle as hell but look a million times better than painting trim pieces blue or something of that nature and it'd be just enough to tie in the seats with whole interior . If you dont wanna ditch the bag , a stock wheel covered in suede with blue hexagonal stitch would look just as good .
Old 10-16-2010 | 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT4vert
With your car and the blue inserts in your seats i would keep it really simple and it would look amazing . Not sure if ya wanna ditch the airbag or not , but if ya do . I would do a suede personal( the brand) grinta steering wheel with blue stitching and then have redline goods make you a suede shift boot and ebrake boot with blue stitching . I would call it day there . It'd be subtle as hell but look a million times better than painting trim pieces blue or something of that nature and it'd be just enough to tie in the seats with whole interior . If you dont wanna ditch the bag , a stock wheel covered in suede with blue hexagonal stitch would look just as good .
I was considering a blue-stitched shift boot, maybe a blue-stitched armrest as well. I'd like to have an aftermarket steering wheel, but airbag laws have me a little worried about swapping out the factory steering wheel.

I'm definitely keeping it subtle, I don't want blue-faced gauges or anything.
Old 10-17-2010 | 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skorpion317
Anyone have any blue interior accents? I've seen the usual blue gauges, LEDs, HVAC panels, etc. I'd like to see some different stuff as well. Post some pics!
I know you asked for blue accents (mine are UV), BUT, you also asked for different stuff, and since no one's posted pics yet...Still get a kick when people get inside wearing anything white...

Old 10-17-2010 | 03:44 PM
Launching!

how about NBM accents and a blue stiched shift boot

and blue LED accents

I was afraid of the typical rice comments, but after I did it, it blends the exterior of the car perfectily into the interior, and doesn't look overdone at all. I've only seen this done on one other NBM car and that was with a tan interior.
Old 10-17-2010 | 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ssteven
how hard are the footwells ive been planning on doing mine and how/where did you mount the lights

Quick Reply: Blue interior accents...need some ideas!