Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Blue Dash LEDS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Blue Dash LEDS

Here they are and thank u guys for all your help, i was very impressed with the outcome of my install!
Attached Thumbnails Blue Dash LEDS-dash-nite-2-.jpg   Blue Dash LEDS-dash-nite.jpg  
Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm me info for where to order same LED and part #? thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw looks great! i have a head unit that lights up blue so i been thinkin about doing all the dash and havoc lights in blue
Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
pm me info for where to order same LED and part #? thanks
btw looks great! i have a head unit that lights up blue so i been thinkin about doing all the dash and havoc lights in blue
Yea it was a great mod, i love it! looks amazing at nite, and was real easy to do, took me 15 minutes, i pmed u the details
Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah looks good in the pictures, the factory white...actually looks off white/yellowish is just boring,i really like the blue and i dont have the cash to throw up for the 6le gauges yet lol hood and longtubes first
Old 11-18-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah looks good in the pictures, the factory white...actually looks off white/yellowish is just boring,i really like the blue and i dont have the cash to throw up for the 6le gauges yet lol hood and longtubes first

yes this will keep u happy for a while lol
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

looks good, now do the odometer
Old 11-19-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks good bud. I'm glad they worked out for you!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Can you pm the details to me to bcuz I want to get some red ones for my car
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
looks good, now do the odometer
Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Looks good bud. I'm glad they worked out for you!
thanks guys,

2000 SS how do u do the odometer ?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks very good, An i wish mine an my wifes car had your mileage!!! lol 179k an 168k is what ours read
Old 11-20-2010, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
Looks very good, An i wish mine an my wifes car had your mileage!!! lol 179k an 168k is what ours read
yea but im sure it still runs strong!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

the odometer is pretty easy, but can be some work getting it out. you need to pull the cluster back out and pull the clear cover off the front, then pull the cover off the back. then pull the circuitry off, you'll see the odometer from the back, from there you unplug it and then carefully lift the overlay off the front just enough to get the odometer out...I THINK....if i recall correctly you can just unplug it and pull it out. you'll see once you get in there and take stuff apart, it isn't hard.

Once it's out, you have to pry a couple tabs sideways on the back to get the circuit board out of the odometer. it has 3 SMD LED's on it, you need to remove them. i found it easiest to just take the soldering iron and "push" them off to the side, if you can melt both contacts at the same time with the iron, the light will just slide off.

This is what you should have:

This is after new lights are soldered in:

I actually ended up putting 3 LED's in, but it didn't make any difference, two will suffice. make sure to sand the tops smooth so the light dispersses well, and solder a small wire where the middle bulb was, i used a piece of on the LED's leads that i cut off. Make sure you put the bulbs as close as possible to the board because clearance is an issue, you'll see when you do it, test fit as you go. Here's a diagram i made up to show what needs to be done:

Be sure to just plug the odometer back in once it's reassembled, don't put it all back in the cluster, then plug the cluster back in and turn the key on to verify everything works. if not, go back and check your work, if it's good, pull the cluster back out and put it back together completely.

Here's mine:
Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Hmm, definitely gonna do this, somebody wanna pm me the details???
Old 11-21-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
the odometer is pretty easy, but can be some work getting it out. you need to pull the cluster back out and pull the clear cover off the front, then pull the cover off the back. then pull the circuitry off, you'll see the odometer from the back, from there you unplug it and then carefully lift the overlay off the front just enough to get the odometer out...I THINK....if i recall correctly you can just unplug it and pull it out. you'll see once you get in there and take stuff apart, it isn't hard.

Once it's out, you have to pry a couple tabs sideways on the back to get the circuit board out of the odometer. it has 3 SMD LED's on it, you need to remove them. i found it easiest to just take the soldering iron and "push" them off to the side, if you can melt both contacts at the same time with the iron, the light will just slide off.

This is what you should have:

This is after new lights are soldered in:

I actually ended up putting 3 LED's in, but it didn't make any difference, two will suffice. make sure to sand the tops smooth so the light dispersses well, and solder a small wire where the middle bulb was, i used a piece of on the LED's leads that i cut off. Make sure you put the bulbs as close as possible to the board because clearance is an issue, you'll see when you do it, test fit as you go. Here's a diagram i made up to show what needs to be done:

Be sure to just plug the odometer back in once it's reassembled, don't put it all back in the cluster, then plug the cluster back in and turn the key on to verify everything works. if not, go back and check your work, if it's good, pull the cluster back out and put it back together completely.

Here's mine:

looks good, but its too much for me lol
Old 11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't like that all the places on the cluster that used to be red, aren't anymore with the lights on. can you use white LED's so it'll look like stock, just not have that yellowish tent?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

What color bulbs did you use? I purchased the White bulbs and my cluster looks blue like yours. Im thinking maybe they sent me the White/Blue bulbs instead of the Ultra White which is what i ordered
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you order these LED bulbs from I would like to change my stock bulbs to LEDs also your cluster looks awesome by the way
Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

194 SMD ebay
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by youngrigo
What color bulbs did you use? I purchased the White bulbs and my cluster looks blue like yours. Im thinking maybe they sent me the White/Blue bulbs instead of the Ultra White which is what i ordered

If you still have the factory overlay, theres this film on the back of the overlay causing it to be blue even though you have white behind there.