Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mecham power oval tips. Do they come like this

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

you bought a used item, there's nothing legally forcing him to refund you or do anything. its a used item, in used condition, that was purchased years ago. The holes did not need to be mentioned since they have NO EFFECT on the items intended use. the law does not have your back in this situation. stop whining, bolt them up and call it a day.

it really does sound like you're using the holes as a scapegoat to get out of buying the tips... what, you dont like how they look now that you got them so now you dont want them? trying to find a way out?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
you bought a used item, there's nothing legally forcing him to refund you or do anything. its a used item, in used condition, that was purchased years ago. The holes did not need to be mentioned since they have NO EFFECT on the items intended use. the law does not have your back in this situation. stop whining, bolt them up and call it a day.

it really does sound like you're using the holes as a scapegoat to get out of buying the tips... what, you dont like how they look now that you got them so now you dont want them? trying to find a way out?

dude you gotta be kidding me , the large band clamps wont work to cover the larger hole , and it doesn't belong there .

It seems some people don't understand , its not the price , its the fact that they weren't described with the hole in them . it does affect them , they don't belong like this .
Old 12-15-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
no you refund it all and pay for shipping back to you , i shouldn't lose anything .

just because you didnt know these were a custom app , you should step up and refund it all and cover shipping back . its the only right thing to do .
You bought a USED item sold AS IS from someone online that doesn't give refunds and now you want him to act like Wal-Mart just because you don't like it

Sorry, but the world just doesn't work that way and whining on an open forum isn't going to help resolve the issue

You should either suck it up and install them or just sell them if the holes bother you that much

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
It seems some people don't understand , its not the price , its the fact that they weren't described with the hole in them . it does affect them , they don't belong like this .

HOW does it affect them?

Do they make your car sound like Bubb Rubb's Supra
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam can we bitch about anything else? You don't like them, sell them end of story!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

It said no refunds, he paid out of pocket to cover shipping, and you expect him to refund you AND pay for shipping back to him?

Get the **** out.

If I were him, I would let you return the damn things for being such a whiney ***** about it, but I'll be damned if I paid you to ship them back. Hell, virtually no online stores/sellers will pay you to return something.

You're bitching about enough money to fill up with gas. I once bought a set of "Comp 918s" on here that I didn't need right away...couple months later it turned out to be ******* stock springs in a Comp box and the seller "got them from someone else and didn't know".

I let it go and chalked it up to "buyer beware". Difference? Your parts are still perfectly usable and once installed will not even appear "defective". I had junk springs and was out $140 to replace them on top of having spent $80 on the junk ones.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with an earlier post; they're ugly anyways.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If you were this picky about your car as you stated above, why the hell did you buy used exhaust tips for? Stop being cheap and buy new with a warranty.

If you bought a used suspension peice, springs, sway bar, panhard bar etc, and when you got it discovered it had scratches on it and some flaking powdercoating, would you demand a refund?

Slide these tips over the exhaust pipe and see if the hole isn't covered. Even if it's still open, it doesn't hurt anything at all.

Last edited by The Alchemist; 12-15-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man to stop this guy bitching ill buy the tips! 40 bucks!! shipped 77539
Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 96RamAirTA
man to stop this guy bitching ill buy the tips! 40 bucks!! shipped 77539
You sound like me last week with my 2 and 4 year olds in Disney World. I bought way too much crap to keep them from bitching.

And yes, I'm comparing some of the children in this thread to my 2 and 4 year old kids.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
You sound like me last week with my 2 and 4 year olds in Disney World. I bought way too much crap to keep them from bitching.

And yes, I'm comparing some of the children in this thread to my 2 and 4 year old kids.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Where's that damn :Beat a Dead Horse: smiley when ya need it, ...
Old 12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why wont this thread die?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it to PMs or Negative Trader Feedback area. Otherwise your initial question has been answered. Locked.

Quick Reply: Mecham power oval tips. Do they come like this