Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New idea for EmblemPros ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

**** off buddy ! I will chance getting a stupid *** ticket from a ******** cop like
you over shooting someone because theyre trying to steal my car .
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have my VIN number covered..its not illegal in TX unless its non-removable

There is a big problem with people taking fake insurance policies out n a unsuspecting vehicle owners and then filing fake claims and your none the wiser
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
LEO here. I would TICKET YOURE *** QUICKLY.

Leave your vin in plain site AND YOUR PLATE in plain site. If you dont like the way it looks., go buy a old muscle car where the vin plate was IN THE ENGINE BAY.
Congratulations! Your one of the few ******** cops left in this world, that wouldn't understand the need for covering it. Being a cop, I would think you would understand all to well the need to cover it. Like ALREADY SAID, its common place in south Louisiana for instance, to simply get the VIN, get a key cut, then drive off with the car...Now lets think about this, even though its probably over your head...Cover VIN = harder to steal. Not covered = easier to steal. Which would you prefer? Someone having to spend 20 seconds removing it to prove its theres to you, or you having to spend hours writing up a report cause someones car was stolen with a key cut cause the VIN is expose?

And cops wonder why there hated and don't get paid ****...

Oh, and dumbass, its not cause we "dont like the way it looks." ITS FOR SECURITY.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

BTW OP great idea to add a little custom piece to our vehicles, and it was also well executed judging from the pictures
Old 02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shutdown Theory
BTW OP great idea to add a little custom piece to our vehicles, and it was also well executed judging from the pictures
Thank you very much
Old 02-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Rockstar

Leave your vin in plain site AND YOUR PLATE in plain site. If you dont like the way it looks., go buy a old muscle car where the vin plate was IN THE ENGINE BAY.
Holy ****, way to troll dude. By your grammar, you're either an old fool of a man or a punk who thinks he is clever.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Well,

If you were driving around with this is in, it is easily removed. Also if you were to get pulled over you could take it out, and your vin is also on your registration.
I do not want to seem like a dumbass, but can they really make a set of keys strictly off of the VIN number? because that's just stupid as hell if it is true. I have bever had to make another set.
I thought if they were the Chip/Coded keys they needed one of the originals to make a spare?

Thanks, Roger
Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you know LEO, older cars have vin plates in the dash too. If you are a cop, I respect your uniform but not you. These plates will give you a reason to maintain that awesome "******** persona" on the beat.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, and the law enforcement community wonders why everyone (both criminals and non criminals) hate them.

On another note, most cops nowadays are so dumb they wouldn't even know to ticket you for covering your vin number. I was at a car show in Windermere this summer and I saw tons of late model street cars with illegal mods, hoods up and goods exposed. The local cops were there overseeing the event and not a single ticket or warning was issued. This just goes to show that most of them couldn't tell if something was up to code even if it was under their nose and accented with flashing leds, candy paint and chrome.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Roger, you get my email or?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Well,

If you were driving around with this is in, it is easily removed. Also if you were to get pulled over you could take it out, and your vin is also on your registration.
I do not want to seem like a dumbass, but can they really make a set of keys strictly off of the VIN number? because that's just stupid as hell if it is true. I have bever had to make another set.
I thought if they were the Chip/Coded keys they needed one of the originals to make a spare?

Thanks, Roger
Basically, there are several different coded resistor chips we have for VATS, all you need as an owner, is your VIN, and walk into the dealership and say what you need and they will cut the key.
Let's say someone else got your VIN, they can go do the same thing, often with no need for ID.
That's the jist of how it goes.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I have to get one of these asap. PM coming
Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Roger, you get my email or?
Todd,

I answered it yesterday. Let me send it to you again.

Thanks, Roger
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Im interested in one. I just have to figure out what to put on it! LOL!

Nice work as always Roger!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

What. An. *******.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Ordered mine about 10 minutes ago. I'll post pics when I get it
Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
What. An. *******.
Thanks Pal.. Ill be SURE to look for YOU with your covered vin plate

Have a safe day, Pal
Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
Wow, and the law enforcement community wonders why everyone (both criminals and non criminals) hate them.

On another note, most cops nowadays are so dumb they wouldn't even know to ticket you for covering your vin number. I was at a car show in Windermere this summer and I saw tons of late model street cars with illegal mods, hoods up and goods exposed. The local cops were there overseeing the event and not a single ticket or warning was issued. This just goes to show that most of them couldn't tell if something was up to code even if it was under their nose and accented with flashing leds, candy paint and chrome.
So you bust the cops ***** all the time to LEAVE YOU ALONE AT A CAR SHOW and when you have a SANCTIONED SHOW and cops all over the place and the Police leave you alone and just let you enjoy the show the way it was meant to be enjoyed, the Police Officers are STUPID?

Boy, this crowd is tough to please.

its ok, public will always be upset at the local law department. They are either upset they get caught, or upset they couldnt pass the test to join them.

Either way, why couldnt you just enjoy the show without picking on the police officers who WERENT picking on you?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty sure when a car gets stolen most of those rings strip the cars down and get rid of the parts...so wouldn't that mean the car is in 1,000 pieces and THAT'S why the cars are so hard to find...?

And are you going to be stopping everyone with a Camaro and Trans Am now just to see if they have there VIN covered with something that can be removed. I'm pretty sure your time would be better spent pulling someone over for a legitimate reason, like excessive speeding, driving erratically, etc. PERSONALLY, I would want my officers PROTECTING me like they're supposed to instead of trying to target someone to give them a silly ticket.

Seriously, get real man.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Rockstar

FreakishSpeed, Please stop ruining this thread. You have already set a bad example for officers and proven our point exactly with the way you are acting.

Also, you should remember that laws vary from state to state. For example, and as stated earlier, up north they have automated ticketing systems. In the south, it's unheard of. That's why down here there are no laws, or none that are common knowledge to both cops and us, pertaining to covering VIN plates.

If you could get off your high horse, please understand that cops are not some piece of idol worship that people fawn over, it's just another position in the government machine. It's your job, you don't need to take it home with you and advertise the fact. You are not special.

And don't misunderstand me, if you say that I'm a cop hater. I am on good terms with a lot of local and state police. Hell, they even do favors for my family sometimes.

Point is, this is a good, very productive thread, so don't come in here posting more **** like you have been.

Quick Reply: New idea for EmblemPros ....