Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Project OVRKILL: The BLING Phase!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read the build and I must say you have a very nice detailed car. I did similar build with my LT1 SS but never been able to hook up with GMHTP for the feature shoot. Car sits in the garage and gathers dust now a days...Was setup more a Street/Strip car but your write up makes me want to make a few changes and get it out on the streets to enjoy!

Congrats and I'm sure your feature is coming soon!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:46 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

love this car, every aspect is perfect!

i sorry if i got any drool on it at autorama hahaha
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

It was nice to see car in person! Some great work!Hope you can get on road soon and enjoy it. Don't know if you heard but my tow vehicle broke down after show and decided to drive the 47miles home that night with car and what a blast we had!(thats all i can say) can't wait till it warms up here.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

LPE, Overkill is no doubt if not THE best, it's one of the best 4th gen Camaro's overall on this site and across the country. Everything seems well laid out and thought of throughout your build.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
I just read the build and I must say you have a very nice detailed car. I did similar build with my LT1 SS but never been able to hook up with GMHTP for the feature shoot. Car sits in the garage and gathers dust now a days...Was setup more a Street/Strip car but your write up makes me want to make a few changes and get it out on the streets to enjoy!

Congrats and I'm sure your feature is coming soon!

Originally Posted by formula218
love this car, every aspect is perfect!

i sorry if i got any drool on it at autorama hahaha
Lol...thanks man, had a great time meeting a lot of guys around here.

Originally Posted by 01badbird
It was nice to see car in person! Some great work!Hope you can get on road soon and enjoy it. Don't know if you heard but my tow vehicle broke down after show and decided to drive the 47miles home that night with car and what a blast we had!(thats all i can say) can't wait till it warms up here.
Heard Rick...lol, I would have flatbedded!

Originally Posted by 427zm
LPE, Overkill is no doubt if not THE best, it's one of the best 4th gen Camaro's overall on this site and across the country. Everything seems well laid out and thought of throughout your build.
Wow...thanks man. Playin tag with Austin on a couple ideas I had that only he can do. Have a few more things I need to clean up before the real show season starts. Who knows...might even sneak a few more ponies out of it
Old 03-17-2014, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LPE,

What an incredible project . . . Fantastic !!!

Let me ask the obvious question - "How much is tied up in this Bad Boy ?"

Last edited by ez2cdave; 03-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Not even going to touch that one.lol It wasn't that bad and really felt good being able get on it! I have AAA deluxe that will tow up to 100 miles free but only goes on my trailer now if really needs to besides we ended up calling it our victory lap home! It sucks tho that you got judged with hood closed but then again with all the money into the car and name (overkill) that they would even put into conservative hardtop (not coservative at all) I think you raised the bar with your build.Looks great and can't wait to see again!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ez2cdave
LPE,

What an incredible project . . . Fantastic !!!

Let me ask the obvious question - "How much is tied up in this Bad Boy ?"
Thought we weren't allowed to count receipts? Although.....the license plate does give hint that more was spent than planned.

Originally Posted by 01badbird
Not even going to touch that one.lol It wasn't that bad and really felt good being able get on it! I have AAA deluxe that will tow up to 100 miles free but only goes on my trailer now if really needs to besides we ended up calling it our victory lap home! It sucks tho that you got judged with hood closed but then again with all the money into the car and name (overkill) that they would even put into conservative hardtop (not coservative at all) I think you raised the bar with your build.Looks great and can't wait to see again!
Appreciate the words Rick...
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

I've been keeping an eye on this build since the start of this thread, and all I can say is wow.

I've always wanted to do "the impossible" to get my car to stand out. What you've shown me with this build is that I had NO idea the level it could be taken to while still being COMPLETELY tasteful. I've never seen a more perfectly modded 4th gen.

If anything, I'm completely overwhelmed at all the things that I now just want to TRY doing after seeing what you've done!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thetmeister05
I've been keeping an eye on this build since the start of this thread, and all I can say is wow.

I've always wanted to do "the impossible" to get my car to stand out. What you've shown me with this build is that I had NO idea the level it could be taken to while still being COMPLETELY tasteful. I've never seen a more perfectly modded 4th gen.

If anything, I'm completely overwhelmed at all the things that I now just want to TRY doing after seeing what you've done!
Wow...heavy. Thanks brother....
Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Amazing! I just skimmed through this from the first page. Stopped to look at all the pics and read what you have done. Beautiful work. I love how the car appears stock, until you really look at it, and notice the fog lights have been shaved. Pop the hood and some things are very obvious, like the intake, but there are so many other little hidden things that you could spend all day looking at and finding have been changed. You relied on very well tasteful mods to put together an awesome complete package. You didn't need to go out and put a bunch of tacky crap on your car to get notice, I love that and hope it inspires more people to follow. Again very nice work!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Wait, no photos from Autorama? I am surprised lol
Old 03-21-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Socket
Amazing! I just skimmed through this from the first page. Stopped to look at all the pics and read what you have done. Beautiful work. I love how the car appears stock, until you really look at it, and notice the fog lights have been shaved. Pop the hood and some things are very obvious, like the intake, but there are so many other little hidden things that you could spend all day looking at and finding have been changed. You relied on very well tasteful mods to put together an awesome complete package. You didn't need to go out and put a bunch of tacky crap on your car to get notice, I love that and hope it inspires more people to follow. Again very nice work!
Appreciate the words man, thank-you!

Originally Posted by Tonyz400
Wait, no photos from Autorama? I am surprised lol
Shouldnt you be drawing something?
Old 03-22-2014, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

When is this thing going to be featured in gm high tech?!?!?! Easily the cleanest 4th gen camaro.

Some of the cars that are featured on there, I just have to ask myself why, when I know this badass thing could make a killer spread for it.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96z28_lt1
When is this thing going to be featured in gm high tech?!?!?! Easily the cleanest 4th gen camaro.

Some of the cars that are featured on there, I just have to ask myself why, when I know this badass thing could make a killer spread for it.
Would be cool for sure!

Speaking of mag's....saw the latest issue of Camaro Performer's cover car at Autorama. Cool ***, purpose built 2nd gen, but needs some cosmetic attention under the hood

Snuck a pic of mine in there for giggles....

Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

*drooools
Old 03-22-2014, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read all 36 pages and I think my head just exploded nice work!!!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:18 AM
TECH Addict

Can't believe I haven't posted these, but had a little paint correction done prior to the show mentioned above. Going back a couple years ago, the entire car was wet sanded, but never took it to he next step.

After several "interviews" with local detailers, found one that made house calls and did his magic....car has never looked this good.

Thought Back in Black was appropriate .

Old 03-23-2014, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Post a pic of the car fully after that detailer job!!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

It's like the cover of the spinal tap record cover lol BTW I have changed the red for you in the sketch just want to sit down with you on the last few little details on the front 3/4

Quick Reply: Project OVRKILL: The BLING Phase!!!