Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Is Your Windshield Tinted? Come inside..

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by APG12
In NY, the red flag for a tinted windshield is the reg/inspection stickers. The tint, no matter how light, is VERY obvious over the stickers and that's what the cops look at. I can't speak for anywhere else, but I can tell you also in NY, even with a doctor's note, you can still be issued a summons. It really comes down to the officer's discretion. You will then have to plead not guilty, go to court, show the judge the note, and it will most likely be dismissed. Don't be fooled into thinking the note is a guarantee.
Aren't you also dealing with NYPD over there? Seems like Nassau couldn't give a **** less unless you shot someone
Old 04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Aren't you also dealing with NYPD over there? Seems like Nassau couldn't give a **** less unless you shot someone
I'm about a mile north of the bronx, so I get NYPD and Westchester County. Westchester is a lot more **** about it then NYPD. But... I bought my TA a few years ago with pretty dark (5-10% or so) tint and have yet to get pulled over for it. My windshield isn't tinted though.. it definitely makes you more of a target.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian..... Did you wuss out on getting your front windshield tinted??

Did I miss the post?? I sooooooo need to get this done now. That black trans am towards the bottom on page #3

BTW when did you say your flight was coming to Chicago so you could detail my car?

ohhhhh yeah:

Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Crunk you don't get fucked with by the cops out there? I have to stay out of certain towns with 17% on the sides on my TA and now I have the G tinted as well to 20% on the sides. I wish I would've got the windshield in the G done. Would look slick as ****!
my sides are 20%, windsheild is 35% and hatch is 5%. DUring the day, the windsheild isn't noticeable from the outside, and my silhouette is still visible form the sides. its not too drastic.

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yeah I'm thinking of doing 35%..

And I have 5% on EVERY WINDOW in the car (including T-tops)
i'd go with a 50% if you have 5% on the sides honestly...there is so little light going into your car that a 50% on your car would look like the 35% looks on my car.

i was looking into this for a few weeks before i did it...the color of the interior makes a huge impact on how dark something looks. i have charcoal grey interior which makes my 35% a lil dark as less light is being reflected by interior components. i also have 20% on the sides so that makes it look a lil darker. the 5% on the back also adds into that. I don't have ttops so that blocks out some light as well.

I also have bright as **** 55w digital HIDs that light up the entire street so that helps me see.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by birdmaro
my sides are 20%, windsheild is 35% and hatch is 5%. DUring the day, the windsheild isn't noticeable from the outside, and my silhouette is still visible form the sides. its not too drastic.

i'd go with a 50% if you have 5% on the sides honestly...there is so little light going into your car that a 50% on your car would look like the 35% looks on my car.

i was looking into this for a few weeks before i did it...the color of the interior makes a huge impact on how dark something looks. i have charcoal grey interior which makes my 35% a lil dark as less light is being reflected by interior components. i also have 20% on the sides so that makes it look a lil darker. the 5% on the back also adds into that. I don't have ttops so that blocks out some light as well.

I also have bright as **** 55w digital HIDs that light up the entire street so that helps me see.
Yeah I have ebony interior, so I'm thinking that you're right about 50%. And like I said ALL my windows have 5% on them, plus the ebony interior....

Hey do you think Ziebart where Charles used to work would tint the front windshield?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I finally got my windshield tinted. I originally wanted 35%, then decided on 50%. The tint guy said that he didn't have a 50 roll long enough(he'd have to order one) so I ended up going with 35. I've only driven the car once with it, it doesn't look like it's going to be too much fun at night but I'll have to wait and see. It does really make the car look clean though, the rest of the windows are 35 also. It's almost enjoyable driving into the sun, it gets rid of almost all of the glare.

He's a couple crappy pictures. It's not that dark in person, the lighting makes it look black. I also have the back window covered and there's a lot shade too. I'll have to get better pictures soon.

Name:  IMG_2820.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  128.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2821-1.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  135.4 KB
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yeah I have ebony interior, so I'm thinking that you're right about 50%. And like I said ALL my windows have 5% on them, plus the ebony interior....

Hey do you think Ziebart where Charles used to work would tint the front windshield?
let me know who does yours, i need to get my windows all re-tinted (mines all fading) i think im going 5% all the way around and 50% on the windshield
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 50% on my windshield and I wish I went darker but at least it's low-profile as far as the police are concerned. It does make a difference compared to the wife's Saturn's clear windshield.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I need to tint my windshield and re-tint my sides and rear. Thinking about 35% anyone got pics from the inside and out?

Quick Reply: Is Your Windshield Tinted? Come inside..