Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Quality & Craftsmanship on 6LE CME Valance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality & Craftsmanship on 6LE CME Valance?

Hello!

I will eventually be using a CME Setup, but haven't figured out if I should start looking for an OEM Valance or pick up a 6LE Valance. My biggest concern is quality, fitment and overall satisfaction with 6LE's CME Valance.

If anyone has any input on both the OEM CME Valance and the 6LE Valance, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys,
Jim
Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim,

Ive heard they fit pretty good, just need primed and painted from what Ive read. Although unless you find OEM, 6LE is the only aftermarket. PM me if you do purchase it. Wouldnt mind taking a look in person.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure on fitment yet, but quality is great. I've seen tons of pictures and the fitment doesn't seem bad.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if 6LE uses the same mold as the one that I had the previous CME sponsor make but if he does everything should be fine. Even then I haven't seen a complaint about his cme valances. The valance is thicker than the SLP piece and to me that is a good thing, as the trade off in fitment is minimal. I've shipped a couple of SLP pieces and one of them arrived damaged because they aren't very flexible. The thickness of the 6LE valance helps it and it could probably take quite a bit more pounding than the SLP piece.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Im currently selling a cme setup with 6le valance with slp tip and bends. Pm if interested.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received my 6LE valance a few weeks ago and I'm putting it on in another week or so. It's nice material and has the same push-pin tabs that the slp valance has. Get one now before his prices go up.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine is a 6le one also. yes its thicker and more flexible. Only thing that sets it apart from an original SLP is the edge is not as smooth as the SLP one, but once installed you cant tell the difference.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll do a little more research on it, but I'll try to keep an eye out for one.

@Shiznit: I'm pretty sure I saw your listing, and its a fair price, however, I'm only looking for a valance at the moment because I'm getting body panels together before I apint my Z28, but thanks for the consideration.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=MAYH3M;14681391]Hello!

I will eventually be using a CME Setup, but haven't figured out if I should start looking for an Valance. My biggest concern is quality, fitment and overall satisfaction with 6LE's CME Valance.

if 6 le is 6 liter designs i wouldnt buy from them i really got fucked around by them n im still waiting for parts and they have no contact phone number bad experience
Old 03-26-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steves2002z28
if 6 le is 6 liter designs i wouldnt buy from them i really got fucked around by them n im still waiting for parts and they have no contact phone number bad experience
Then you are one of very few that have had a bad experience with Mark. What exactly did you order...? Is it a xustom piece that has to be made before it can be shipped? And how long are you actually talking about here?
Here's Marks email, madelisle@yahoo.com, shoot one to him and I'm sure he'll work it out. Mark has great customer service, everything I have ordered from him has arrived in a timely manner, even my CME tips that had to be hand welded arrived in a week and a half...
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Teching In

My tip is the 3" model and i was impressed by the quality of it. The valance was a horse of a different color. It was thin and poor quality. I had my body guy blend it into the bumper and he said it was the pain in the *** cause it was flimsy. After all the magic was worked, I am happy with the set up tho.

I too have had problems when ordering items from 6LE. My exhaust tip came in a few days time and the valance took a few weeks. I then ordered rims from him, and that was a fiasco as well. They were backordered for weeks and then 3 rims showed up and UPS lost the 4th. When the 4th rim showed up, it was bent, then I had to wait for a replacement one. I understand thats not really Marks fault, but it seemed like everytime I ordered something, something went wrong. But I can say, Mark was very good at keeping me informed and trying to work to remedy each situation.

Bottom line, if you have the money, time and patience for this, youll be fine. Not to mention hes pretty much the only AM guy offering this set up.

Last edited by ClownVomit; 03-26-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-26-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steves2002z28
what did you order, mark i s a personal friend of mine, i will let him know about this thread..
there are some parts that are not made until the order is process/paid for.

if you have been trying to pm him he has disabled his pms, his email address is well known all over this board... and im sure his number is floating around as well...
he wont bs you around, if there is a problem and you inform him about it, then he will do anything in his power to rectify it...

you need to give more info before bad mouthing a good sponsor and a friend of mine

hell pm me, my pms work and i will do what i can to help you out

-PHK

Last edited by Raptor_WS6; 03-26-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, what are you talking about? What was wrong and what parts are you waiting on? Any customer that asks for phone number gets it. I don't post on site since it is personal cell....
Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark is awesome to deal with. Not many people are catering to our cars and he's a hell of an innovator imho.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
Mark is awesome to deal with. Not many people are catering to our cars and he's a hell of an innovator imho.
+1...plan on many more future purchases from Mark
Old 03-26-2011, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Wow, I honestly didn't mean for this type of Conversation to break out, I just wanted to know a few things.

However, After hearing several good things about 6LE's products, I will eventually purchase a Valance through him. Only unfortunate thing is, is that by the time I have money to purchase the Valance, he either won have/make them anymore, or they wont be only $300 : (
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Banned

I signed a contract with urethane dealer locking in my two prices (batch and single) for 6 months...
Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I signed a contract with urethane dealer locking in my two prices (batch and single) for 6 months...
Thank you!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:29 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=steves2002z28;14692508]
Originally Posted by MAYH3M
Hello!

I will eventually be using a CME Setup, but haven't figured out if I should start looking for an Valance. My biggest concern is quality, fitment and overall satisfaction with 6LE's CME Valance.

And I just figured it out...

Steve Sebest...

Here's our e-mails, START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK YOUR WAY UP (long story short is he ordered SS grille, I told him the emblems were back ordered but I could send the grille now and emblems later, here's what happened)...

I AM ADDING MY REPLY TO THIS SINCE IT WAS AFTER THIS E-MAIL...

"Since I am a man of my word the SS emblem and free emblem will be on their way Fed Ex on Sunday..."

Here's the body of e-mail (again, read from bottom to top)...

"Look sir grille is on my car. U got paid. All i want is the rest of my order please. No games. Thank you

On Sat Mar 26th, 2011 7:38 AM CDT madelisle@yahoo.com wrote:

>Not with this attitude. I'd rather just send you the refund at this point...
>
>I did nothing to deserve the attitude you are showing me, I've made you fully aware of the situation from the beginning and have been completely honest...
>
>Mark
>
>Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!
>
>----- Reply message -----
>From: "STEVE SEBEST" <stevesebest@yahoo.com>
>Date: Sat, Mar 26, 2011 5:35 am
>Subject: Enquiry from 6LiterEaterDesigns.com
>To: <madelisle@yahoo.com>
>
>Grille is on car n send emblem
>
>On Sat Mar 26th, 2011 7:33 AM CDT madelisle@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>I told u up front emblems were back ordered and I have no control over USPS messing up. I personally don't like your tone so just mail the grille back and I'll send u full refund and shipping.
>>
>>I make about $10 profit on these and they are time consuming and it is not worth it if the receiver is an unappreciative customer...
>>
>>Mark
>>
>>Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!
>>
>>----- Reply message -----
>>From: "STEVE SEBEST" <stevesebest@yahoo.com>
>>Date: Sat, Mar 26, 2011 5:23 am
>>Subject: Enquiry from 6LiterEaterDesigns.com
>>To: <madelisle@yahoo.com>
>>
>>I am not happy with this service n if this thing isnt here in a few days i want refunded the difference of plain grille to ss grille of $75 at this point i wish i would have taken u up on a full refund n hope u next day emblem to me
>>
>>On Sat Mar 26th, 2011 6:49 AM CDT Mark DeLisle wrote:
>>
>>>Did ship USPS and came back to me damaged today (well, may have came back sooner but I got back today and had it waiting for me). Looks like it was ran over or something... I'm shipping a new one Sunday night, through Fed Ex this time, and throwing in a free 6LE emblem for your wait... Tracking Sunday night, without a doubt, 100%, through Fed Ex this time...
>>>
>>>M
>>>
>>>--- On Fri, 3/25/11, STEVE SEBEST <stevesebest@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>From: STEVE SEBEST <stevesebest@yahoo.com>
>>>Subject: Re: Enquiry from 6LiterEaterDesigns.com
>>>To: madelisle@yahoo.com
>>>Date: Friday, March 25, 2011, 1:01 PM
>>>
>>>Waiting for response about shipping info on ss emblem n was it shipped
>>>
>>>On Thu Mar 24th, 2011 4:43 AM CDT Mark DeLisle wrote:
>>>
>>>>Wife was supposed to have shipped it USPS for me, I'll be back by Friday and let you know...
>>>>
>>>>Mark
>>>>
>>>>--- On Wed, 3/23/11, STEVE SEBEST <stevesebest@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>From: STEVE SEBEST <stevesebest@yahoo.com>
>>>>Subject: Re: Enquiry from 6LiterEaterDesigns.com
>>>>To: madelisle@yahoo.com
>>>>Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 4:57 PM
>>>>
>>>>Did my ss emblem ship yet? Let me know!
>>>>
>>>>On Sat Mar 19th, 2011 9:53 PM CDT Mark DeLisle wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Ships on Monday
>>>>>
>>>>>Mark
>>>>>
>>>>>--- On Sat, 3/19/11, steve sebest <stevesebest@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>From: steve sebest <stevesebest@yahoo.com>
>>>>>Subject: Enquiry from 6LiterEaterDesigns.com
>>>>>To: "Mark DeLisle" <madelisle@yahoo.com>
>>>>>Date: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 9:27 AM
>>>>>
>>>>>Mark i got my billet grille today n a few days back u said u should b getting my ss emblem in a few days i was wondering if it was shipped yet thanks steve"

You all can judge for yourself how you feel about my customer service and how I handled the situation...
Old 03-27-2011, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow Steve Sebest, your a ******* tool

Quick Reply: Quality & Craftsmanship on 6LE CME Valance?