Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

No Appreciation For Hard Work

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Your not wrong, you have a lot of time and effort in your car but most people don't understand. I have car friends that have other types of muscle cars and they slam my doors too, it drives me nuts. Also, I never bring my car to work as much as it would make me happy to display for all to see theres some idiot that is likely to hose it up just out of sheer ignorance and the main fact, they just don't respect other's property. Your car is awesome, keep that baby garaged when your not cruising!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally feel for you op, this is why I always remove my rear seat and never allow more than 1 person to ride in my vehicle.

Originally Posted by jmurray87

My biggest pet peeve is when I park away from others at a parking lot and come out to 2 giant SUVs sitting on each side and chances are the dick parked really close which makes it twice as hard to get in and out of the car thanks to the size of our doors.
About 5 years ago while I still have my lt I had a situation very similar to this. I just had a new hood put on and the whole car repainted. It had been out of the shop about 2 weeks.... I went into town one day and stopped at a dollar store to buy some batteries. I parked at the farthest parking spot from the store, one that was clearly visible from the front of the store. As I'm standing in line a mid eighty's cavalier pulls up and parks so close that I can tell no person could get out of the car without smashing mine. I had to watch as a fat bitch that probly weighed about 300 pounds tried to worm her fat *** out from between my vehicle and hers. It defied all logic...... And still bothers me to this day... I just stood there and watched as she walked into a store next to the 1 I was in. I didn't ask for her insurance I didn't stalk her down. I just paid for my batteries calmly walked out to my car got the billy club that I always carried out from behind my seat and busted her windsheild. Cost me about 400 dollars to repair the door she had mauled....

Hers isn't the only car I've devastated for such asinine *accidents* . Do y'all ever wonder if some people do it on purpose?

Anywways, I have learned a better trick for people who ding your car with their doors.

Idiots that park next to my car when it is very clear that its parked at the edge of the lot for a reason... and ding it.... get their locks filled with superglue. I always keep a fresh tube in my glovebox.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My ex hated my car too - see called it the green eyed, blond haired bitch (with black roots) that took all my money.

In stark contrast, my 2nd wife is disappointed if I don't spool up the turbo to 11 psi in second gear!

(Oh, and she does NOT slam the doors.)

The right woman makes all the difference in the world.

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
My EX used to slam the doors on my WS6.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Yep. You spend 2 hrs waxing your car and someone just slams there door into it with there pos car - lol - irony I swear.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Man I feel everyones pain. First day I had my new cowl hood on my car I picked up the wife at her work. One of her co-workers that she is incharge or decides to talk to me for once as I never talk to anyone there as i cant stand 95% of the people there. So anyways he decides to put his 3 liter water cooler on my BRAND NEW harwood show series hood. I snapped as this idiot has known what I have put into this car. So I let him have it and as the parking lot is close to the road his cooler ended up under a public bus driving by. Man it felt good to do that as now thats one moron that will think twice before he decides to put anything on anyones car
Old 04-03-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya I parked my car a the very back of a NON BUSY parking lot, and come out to see $1000 worth of damage to my car... This was just a few weeks ago... Earlier today I overfilled my fuel, not paying attention and you should have seen the looks on people's faces as I grabbed a baby wipe and started spot cleaning my entire quarter and wheel well.. "white TA". Another time in sitting in the TA as my wife goes into hospital to visit her dad and some lady gets out if her car. When she opens her pass door it it's my drivers door " not hard but still" then as she gets her kid out she sets her phone, coke can and keys on the spoiler in the back like it's her own personal ******* table...

I left her a nasty little note before I left and I hope the next person she does it to slashes all 4 tires..
Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Something like this happened to me once too, except the lady walked into the store and didn't drive off. I went around to the passenger side, took out a cotton towel that I keep in the back seat (for any messes that may come up while I'm out driving), draped it over the edge of my passenger door skin and swung it open as hard as I could. Left an egg shaped dent in her door. I could have let Karma catch up to her on its own, but sometimes I'm impatient.
^^^Impatient! Would have felt the need to do the same lol!

My daughters, 6yr old and 3 yr old love to ride in "daddys car". I'm no drill sargent with my kids but I remind them not to slam doors and put finger prints on panels.......My 6yr old knows how to shut my doors windows up or down. My 3yr old actually stands there and waits for somebody to do it for her.

But as the chauffeur for my lil girls, I feel obligated to open the door for them. I do the same for my better half as well.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

There's two things in this world you don't **** with, a mans family. .. and a mans horse. Ill never lose my wild west mentality.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Only my friends ride in my car and they're all car guys so there isn't any door slamming from them and I take care of the door for chicks so I never really have a problem there. As for door dings, I always check my car for dings before I leave wherever I'm parked. If I have a ding and I can tell that it came from the car still parked there, I see to it that their transgressions are delt with. I can estimate the damage they caused me pretty well and I damage there car accordingly. It's about half the reason I carry a knife with me. I'm not a religous man but I think an eye for an eye is a pretty good motto.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luckily mine is still a work in progress.... but like everyone here, there are strict guidelines that are to be followed if anyone is riding in my car. My children even follow the rules, so I expect adults to do the same. Luckily I don't have to drive it often either.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Teching In

i hate that so much.. i used to ride around with a peice of drywall or something large from the trunk to the back seats. just to avoid situations where people who dont understand/care want a ride somewhere.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread is the reason that there is in my car at all time
-21 mm long wrench in the drive door compartment
- 1" drive long handled ractcet in the backseat (weights 10 # lol)
- a pair of brass knuckles in a hidden location
i try not to let morons in my car but every person that gets inside i make it very clear that if they hurt my car, they will go to the hospital

and ive got lucky with my gf she is a car girl (had a nsx when i met here) and she actually bitch's at me to be careful lol
Old 04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

people think I'm crazy when I tell them I polish my brake lines lol... they don't understand..
Old 04-21-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Deceptikon
I totally feel for you op, this is why I always remove my rear seat and never allow more than 1 person to ride in my vehicle.

About 5 years ago while I still have my lt I had a situation very similar to this. I just had a new hood put on and the whole car repainted. It had been out of the shop about 2 weeks.... I went into town one day and stopped at a dollar store to buy some batteries. I parked at the farthest parking spot from the store, one that was clearly visible from the front of the store. As I'm standing in line a mid eighty's cavalier pulls up and parks so close that I can tell no person could get out of the car without smashing mine. I had to watch as a fat bitch that probly weighed about 300 pounds tried to worm her fat *** out from between my vehicle and hers. It defied all logic...... And still bothers me to this day... I just stood there and watched as she walked into a store next to the 1 I was in. I didn't ask for her insurance I didn't stalk her down. I just paid for my batteries calmly walked out to my car got the billy club that I always carried out from behind my seat and busted her windsheild. Cost me about 400 dollars to repair the door she had mauled....

Hers isn't the only car I've devastated for such asinine *accidents* . Do y'all ever wonder if some people do it on purpose?

Anywways, I have learned a better trick for people who ding your car with their doors.

Idiots that park next to my car when it is very clear that its parked at the edge of the lot for a reason... and ding it.... get their locks filled with superglue. I always keep a fresh tube in my glovebox.
Hahaha. Bit cynical aren't we? I would do the same too. lol

Op, I can definitely relate. My last ex LOVED my car. She made me take the t-tops out even if it was 20* outside. So long as it wasn't raining, and she loved getting in races, seeing how fast I could get it up too (she asked me why I let off one time when I took it up to 170 ). Anyway, last time i ever talked to her, we got in a fight over some stupid ****. I was sitting in her gravel driveway, car running, door open, arguing and I say, something along the lines of, "**** this, I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, I'll talk to you tomorrow after we both calm down." I'm trying to diffuse the situation, and the crazy bitch goes, "fine the, go you *******!" and proceeds to KICK my door closed HARD AS ****, and then picks up a hand full of gravel from her driveway and says if your not out of here in 2 seconds I'm gonna throw this at your car. 1 second later I have a million little ******* rocks hitting my car. At that point I said **** it, and gave it a little gas and pelted her with gravel.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm probably walking into a bear trap but:

Ya'll are overreacting if these are your daily drivers. Sure, if your car is a garage queen show-car behind a rope, go ahead and get pissed at someone for scratchin' it. But pissed because someone closed your door harder than you'd like? C'mon. I hate a scratch too, but it's part of driving a car daily, and they're not that expensive to fix.

If you park a car in a public lot or parking garage, don't expect it to get white-glove treatment.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Trojan35

Ya'll are overreacting if these are your daily drivers. Sure, if your car is a garage queen show-car behind a rope, go ahead and get pissed at someone for scratchin' it. But pissed because someone closed your door harder than you'd like? C'mon. I hate a scratch too, but it's part of driving a car daily, and they're not that expensive to fix.

If you park a car in a public lot or parking garage, don't expect it to get white-glove treatment.
mine is not a daily driver ..it doesnt see rain or snow or even wet roads but i can tell you that slamming a door is one thing but there are alot of people out there that dont give a **** about nice cars..sometimes i take my car out here and theyre and run an errand with it and they go close to it or park right up my *** even when im waaay out of the way of anyone. i can see where some so called **** people get pissed off because it takes alot of hard work and time to keep a car looking good and scratch/dent free even if it is a daily driver. 90% of the drivers out on the roads dont know how to drive,park, or take care of a car the way they should and also those same people buy throw away peices of **** cars. they buy a brand new 2011 honda for the same price i paid for my 02 ss w 16k miles there is a reason for that. i get the same **** from everyone with my car i dont let anyone lean on it touch the paint etc... only the people that actually spend 10hrs plus polishing the paint on there car will understand this...the other people drive cars with swirls and scratches all over just dont get it sorry for the rant guys
Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djfury05
people think I'm crazy when I tell them I polish my brake lines lol... they don't understand..
i understand man ...underneath of my car looks like a new car. my wife doesnt get it but she leaves me alone
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trojan35

Not that expensive to fix? WHY THE **** should we have to pay for someone ELSE ******* up our ****?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Teching In

lol, that story reminded me of a time i was riding with a friend who was driving another friends car. he dropped me off after lunch at my job. when i got out i shut the door, not even hard. well the window was down and it busted inside the door. I wasnt even looking at it but when i heard the glass i knew exactly what happened. I had to buy a new window and two weeks later the car was totaled! That sucked!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

Poeple don't ride in my car. No rear seats, no a/c, pcv delete, no cats or andyhting.........soooo, smelly hot car with no a/c and no rear seats = pass

Quick Reply: No Appreciation For Hard Work