Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

No Appreciation For Hard Work

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98blackbirdta
Poeple don't ride in my car. No rear seats, no a/c, pcv delete, no cats or andyhting.........soooo, smelly hot car with no a/c and no rear seats = pass
+1
my car doesn't have any rear seats or AC for the very same reasons.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Default hard work

grow a pair of nuts ...you should have warned him "next time you slam my
door ill slam your bitch *** " . years ago i threw out a passenger in my new
car for smoking . his passenger needs to learn about a little thing called
respect.

Last edited by formula vincent; 04-25-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dubga
Am I just being ****, or do you guys ever get frustrated because people don't think anything about the effort you put into your cars?
A little of both. You need to realize that by using it as a daily driver, and allowing other people to experience it, there is a risk involved. Note that show cars have "DO NOT TOUCH" signs on them. Your car essentially has a "PLAY WITH ME" sign on it. It is a daily driver, and it will get beat on. As far as that guy and the door. I would have said "Dude! Don't slam the door." and moved on with my life. I also took out the rear seats on my car on the grounds that people are bitches and complained about having to bend to get in the FRONT seat, let alone the complaints from the rear... I'm sure it helped my No-Rides-Cause when I drifted around two corners and stopped in my parking spot perfectly. With three passengers in the car. Before I did that with the passengers, I drove slow (it had a V6 at the time) and legally. After that one few-second-long Tokyo-Drift re-creation, I earned the "maniac driver" status, and was banned from being the designated-lunchtime-driver.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by ZexGX; 04-25-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I'm sure it helped my No-Rides-Cause when I drifted around two corners and stopped in my parking spot perfectly. With three passengers in the car. Before I did that with the passengers, I drove slow (it had a V6 at the time) and legally. After that one few-second-long Tokyo-Drift re-creation, I earned the "maniac driver" status, and was banned from being the designated-lunchtime-driver.
I do the same ****. Except that seems to be why my friends always wanna ride with me. When my friend turned 21, after he got good and drunk I took him on his first ride in the car and he **** his pants a little (literally) when we hit 170.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
I do the same ****. Except that seems to be why my friends always wanna ride with me. When my friend turned 21, after he got good and drunk I took him on his first ride in the car and he **** his pants a little (literally) when we hit 170.
See, that just means that my work friends were pussies. Tokyo Drift maneuvers in an empty parking lot separate the men from the boys!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
Hahaha. Bit cynical aren't we? I would do the same too. lol

Op, I can definitely relate. My last ex LOVED my car. She made me take the t-tops out even if it was 20* outside. So long as it wasn't raining, and she loved getting in races, seeing how fast I could get it up too (she asked me why I let off one time when I took it up to 170 ). Anyway, last time i ever talked to her, we got in a fight over some stupid ****. I was sitting in her gravel driveway, car running, door open, arguing and I say, something along the lines of, "**** this, I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, I'll talk to you tomorrow after we both calm down." I'm trying to diffuse the situation, and the crazy bitch goes, "fine the, go you *******!" and proceeds to KICK my door closed HARD AS ****, and then picks up a hand full of gravel from her driveway and says if your not out of here in 2 seconds I'm gonna throw this at your car. 1 second later I have a million little ******* rocks hitting my car. At that point I said **** it, and gave it a little gas and pelted her with gravel.
I still have a shoe print on my side molding from a similar situation. She didn't normally get under my skin, but hot damn when that stupid fuzzy boot hit my door I felt like throwing her back in her trailer.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

how in the hell did you not kick this guys ***?! i would have murdered this guy and his family if he did that to my car
Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZexGX
See, that just means that my work friends were pussies. Tokyo Drift maneuvers in an empty parking lot separate the men from the boys!
lmao. Yea, my friends eat that **** up. I usually do it on empty roads and surprise em. When I pull into a empty parking lot, the element of surprise is gone.

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
I still have a shoe print on my side molding from a similar situation. She didn't normally get under my skin, but hot damn when that stupid fuzzy boot hit my door I felt like throwing her back in her trailer.
I had just recently removed my side molding. Before that though, we were sitting in the car and her ******* CAT kept getting on it and she has the ******* nerve to say, "what? its not like its a ******* Porsche or anything." That pissed me off almost as much as the rocks. But please tell me, you DID throw her back in her trailer, right?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a gentleman so I placed her gently inside her mobile estate and jamed a nearby gig through the handle so she wouldn't chase me with the cutlery
Old 04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree and I would have said something. I wouldn't have been a dick because people don't realize it. Let them know once, and **** wont happen again. If it does, there are words. Also, I know how these doors shut and a lot of times I tell people to be careful with it. That is what we call preventative measures. It works great.

Am I the only one (probably not) that treats everyone's car with the utmost respect? ****, I usually shut my firehawks door by touching the door jam and pushing it shut with that...I dont grab the exterior door panel because I don't want smudges...and I find myself doing the same exact thing with other peoples cars
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1_Hawk
I agree and I would have said something. I wouldn't have been a dick because people don't realize it. Let them know once, and **** wont happen again. If it does, there are words. Also, I know how these doors shut and a lot of times I tell people to be careful with it. That is what we call preventative measures. It works great.

Am I the only one (probably not) that treats everyone's car with the utmost respect? ****, I usually shut my firehawks door by touching the door jam and pushing it shut with that...I dont grab the exterior door panel because I don't want smudges...and I find myself doing the same exact thing with other peoples cars
Same, I think when you actually own a nice car yourself, thats when you realize stuff like that. A good detail complete with clay bar, buffing and wax - is easily a good 10 hrs and I dont want to smudge up what took so long.

But, you should go key "close my doors easily" in his car.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you need some friends
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not everyone has a dedicated hobby such as cars but respect should go across the boards. Slamming the doors are completely unnecessary and i can't to this day understand why people have the impulse to do so. My senior prom, car spotless,hours into it, one comment on a nice ride would have all been needed, instead treated it like it was just something to go from point A to B. Respect...some people just don't understand.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is an easy fix.
ALWAYS park WAY in the back...you know...the area of parking lot that seems deserted because its ungodly far to walk lol
also dont offer to drive...noone will ever "get it". If its not theirs...they dont care
Old 04-26-2011, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

im the same way. I dont let people ride in my car often (when it was up and running) and when they do, the first thing I tell them is to not slam the door, dont even touch the glass. I have yet to have a problem. Hell, my wife is so trained, that she will only use the tiny black window molding strip at the bottom of the window, to close the door. Dont touch the glass, dont touch the paint. She knows im **** about all those finger smudges

Quick Reply: No Appreciation For Hard Work