Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hockey Stripes on black SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hockey Stripes on black SS

Hey everyone, I am new to LS1 tech and since became addicted to the site, but I have yet to see any black SS's with hockey stripes other then red or silver. I was thinking about charcoal metallic but wanted to see one before making the big jump. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any chance you'd reconsider? Hockey stripes are one of the all-time epic cosmetic "fails" with Camaro's. Color wise, you're on track. 35th stripes maybe?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please for the love of God, do not put hockey stripes on your car.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Teching In

The fact that it is black is why I have second thoughts on the hockey stripes. Im just lookin for something to make it stand out a little more cosmeticly. Im fixin to tint the windows with at least 20 percent and i have the black and chrome weld rts. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

consider flat black. it looks really nice, use search to find them.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
consider flat black. it looks really nice, use search to find them.
Agreed!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by EvilleSS
The fact that it is black is why I have second thoughts on the hockey stripes. Im just lookin for something to make it stand out a little more cosmeticly. Im fixin to tint the windows with at least 20 percent and i have the black and chrome weld rts. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?
35th....Manta...."new" Manta?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Any chance you'd reconsider? Hockey stripes are one of the all-time epic cosmetic "fails" with Camaro's. Color wise, you're on track. 35th stripes maybe?
and cause putting duel stripes that lead into a checkered flag was the BEST look lol The man wanted help, not criticism on what he likes.

ive never gotten a complaint, i really dig my Hockey stripes.

but a buddy of mine has a black Z with flat black hockey stripes, his name is "Zeesnuts" on the board. i'll see if i can get a pic of his car for ya

Last edited by LS1Vince; 07-25-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

thankfully...he's taken off that terrible front bumper and went back to stock, but here it is haha

i really dig it.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Vince
and cause putting duel stripes that lead into a checkered flag was the BEST look lol The man wanted help, not criticism on what he likes.

but a buddy of mine has a black Z with flat black hockey stripes, his name is "Zeesnuts" on the board. i'll see if i can get a pic of his car for ya
your car looks just perfect! lower it a bit and your done.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the overview but as the "new guy", he may not be aware of alternatives. Consider it an FYI....

Figured my opinion was going to ruffle someone's feathers, but all you did was reinforce it. Just because it worked for the 1st gen does not automatically mean it works for all. Stripes on the first gen the stripe "knows" the side view of the car in its relationship to the front end and hood. ANY 4th gen hockey stripe is out of place as it doesn't relate to anything....hood, fascia, wheel opening, etc. Your pic proves that. Thank-you....

To each their own, but there's a big difference in looking right and wrong...this by the way is right.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the overview but as the "new guy", he may not be aware of alternatives. Consider it an FYI....

Figured my opinion was going to ruffle someone's feathers, but all you did was reinforce it. Just because it worked for the 1st gen does not automatically mean it works for all. Stripes on the first gen the stripe "knows" the side view of the car in its relationship to the front end and hood. ANY 4th gen hockey stripe is out of place as it doesn't relate to anything....hood, fascia, wheel opening, etc. Your pic proves that. Thank-you....

To each their own, but there's a big difference in looking right and wrong...this by the way is right. <--- ?
i should've known better to talk back to an LS1tech design expert.

Last edited by LS1Vince; 07-25-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

i should've known better to talk back to an LS1tech design expert. bahahahaha
Technically "automotive design" but we wont split hairs. Rock your stripes Vince...as they here all too often "it's your car..."
Old 07-25-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Technically "automotive design" but we wont split hairs. Rock your stripes Vince...as they here all too often "it's your car..."
there is a reason i didn't say "automotive design" hahaha
Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

I would do the Charcoal metallic or something else that is more noticeable and can tell with it is more clearly. With the flat black its hard to see the whole picture and in one of the pictures it just looks like the bumper is really faded. But the main think with doing appearance mods is just to make it clean. Everybody's not going to like the same thing and thats the whole point to make our cars unique to what we like. If everyone liked the same things we would all be driving around with the exactly same cars
Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
I would do the Charcoal metallic or something else that is more noticeable and can tell with it is more clearly. With the flat black its hard to see the whole picture and in one of the pictures it just looks like the bumper is really faded. But the main think with doing appearance mods is just to make it clean. Everybody's not going to like the same thing and thats the whole point to make our cars unique to what we like. If everyone liked the same things we would all be driving around with the exactly same cars
well put!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Shoot get some pasti-dip and tape it off and see if you like them.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

there is a reason i didn't say "automotive design" hahaha
Couldn't spell it at first?

Dont want to keep destroying OP's thread, but there's no doubt the choices in exterior "enhancements" are purely subjective. One person's opinion does not trump another. My opinion, though strong about a loooong list of things, is certainly not intended to criticize someone's choice in what they do. When you post something in here, you are vulnerable - we can all agree that when someone posts one of those "holy ****, I cant believe you did that" mod's, they are burned at the cross. Lets not be hypocritical on the little things.

As previously mentioned I was FYI'ing options. Maybe they knew, maybe not.... You on the other hand felt the need to defend the intent of the post and segway it in what you've done. If he/she comes in here to say, "no, I really dig the hockey stripe over the others...", cool by me. It wasnt an invitation for you Vince, it was an opinion...get over youself and either toughen up, reevlauate your poor perception of everything or simply move the **** on.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the opinions guys, I do in fact like the hockey stripes because it adds a little character to the front end, however, I do believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion because if everyone liked the same thing then the automotive world would be pretty damn boring. But on the flip side of things I think that hockey stripes are just like any other "aftermarket" modification to where they look awesome on some cars (props to you Vince) and hideous on others, Now with all of that being said, can I go back to the original post by asking if anyone has seen, or has a pic of a black SS with charcoal hockey stripes?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

"get over youself and either toughen up, reevlauate your poor perception of everything or simply move the **** on." haha spell check? watch out everyone the LS1tech expert is getting mad.

OP - no i haven't seen any with charcoal stripes, but i'll do some diggin! cause now im kind of interested to see what it would look like

Quick Reply: Hockey Stripes on black SS