Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Leather interior upgrades for the Camaro and Firebirds / TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

the quality of this work is top notch, and really shows. While 90%+ people on this forum gripe/whine about the quality of the f body interiors, they paid $5,000-12,000 dollars on average for their cars. Regardless of how nice this is, they most likely won't put that much money into a set of door panels, or any interior part for that matter. While the look and feel of the interior would increase in appeal 20 fold with upgrades like this, there are very few willing to spend this kind of money on such things. That's why they drive Fbodys, not Ferraris. Quite simply, speaking for just myself, this is something i would buy if i simply had the money for it, I don't think this is a ripoff. Very nice stuff, hopefully someone will bite the bullet.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
the quality of this work is top notch, and really shows. While 90%+ people on this forum gripe/whine about the quality of the f body interiors, they paid $5,000-12,000 dollars on average for their cars. Regardless of how nice this is, they most likely won't put that much money into a set of door panels, or any interior part for that matter. While the look and feel of the interior would increase in appeal 20 fold with upgrades like this, there are very few willing to spend this kind of money on such things. That's why they drive Fbodys, not Ferraris. Quite simply, speaking for just myself, this is something i would buy if i simply had the money for it, I don't think this is a ripoff. Very nice stuff, hopefully someone will bite the bullet.
I agree on this for sure. They f-body crowd isnt likely to spend this kind of money on interior/appearance mods but some will.

I mean it doesnt matter if you add an extra 5k like this into a 5k car or a 50k car. It doenst add any value either way.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

^^^exactly. You do this for yourself, you never get this kind of investment back.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

This thread reminds me of this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-interior.html

Originally Posted by scj
90%+ people on this forum gripe/whine about the quality of the f body interiors, they paid $5,000-12,000 dollars on average for their cars. Regardless of how nice this is, they most likely won't put that much money into a set of door panels, or any interior part for that matter.
Sentiments like that are probably true and remind me of this comment from this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-camaro-2.html
Originally Posted by ChrisRZ28
lees02WS6, I guess part of it is the money spent on some of these cars. You spend enough money on well engineered suspension and drop in a 500 or 600 hp engine and you have a street legal race car. I've always been kind of a cheap skate so I can't relate to a $50,000-$100,000 (or more) Camaro. Don't get me wrong, they are great cars but I can't relate to them.
Some f-body guys are pretty utilitarian (and/or cheap), "If I wanted, or could afford...., I'd have bought .... I'll only keep the car till I can get something better." A Corvette, M3, Viper, whatever.

Other f-body owners think in terms of a car they like, and cruise on them on the street. They want to make even better in all aspects, a lot like the pro-touring crowd. This is the crowd that this interior stuff will appeal to.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

thanks for the input
we have some people we will be working with to get some stuff made and out there for all of you to see
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

There are definitely a few of us that would buy many of the products you want to offer.

My Wife and I bought and drive these cars because these are the cars we want; not what we settled for.

Not all F-body owners turn down interior work like this; price or not. I would definitely purchase for both of ours after seeing finished products
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 351 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I am absolutely not doubting the quality of your work, or the competitive pricing, but what Im saying is this is the Fbody world and many of us here are driving cars that cost a fraction of what some the Corvettes do. Putting $1,000+ worth of leather in a $10,000 car - see what I mean?
From another sponsor (redlinegoods) I got a real leather shift boot, center console arm rest, and e-brake boot for around $100 as a kit I put in my self.
(heres a pic of what Im talking about):

However I will repeat, I know there is a market for interior dress up kits (leather or not) for our cars, there are hundreds of threads asking for this. I know I would buy a leather wrap for our center console, doesn't even have to be stitched, just simple leather that is cut to fit that I can glue or what ever.
Like this (but stitching not needed)
you guys have some top notch work shown here and becasue of lack of options is why i did what you see in the pics above (thats my interior) i made the center consol but the interior was done by a shop nearly 2 hours away from me (door panels seats, rear panels soon as well as trunk deck area)

you will have people gripe about the price and may not get a whole lot of business, but you will find a few of us like myself who want the interior to look and feel more highend than Gm's cheap plastic. the hardest part for me was figureing out what i wanted. lucky for me i can draw and was able to take those images to the shop that did mine and say i want this and they were talented enough to do it.

i beleive the trans am door panels are 3 piece's (not counting the insert) not sure about the camaro's though.

your vette stuff looks very nice by the way best of luck to you
Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
you guys have some top notch work shown here and becasue of lack of options is why i did what you see in the pics above (thats my interior) i made the center consol but the interior was done by a shop nearly 2 hours away from me (door panels seats, rear panels soon as well as trunk deck area)

you will have people gripe about the price and may not get a whole lot of business, but you will find a few of us like myself who want the interior to look and feel more highend than Gm's cheap plastic. the hardest part for me was figureing out what i wanted. lucky for me i can draw and was able to take those images to the shop that did mine and say i want this and they were talented enough to do it.

i beleive the trans am door panels are 3 piece's (not counting the insert) not sure about the camaro's though.

your vette stuff looks very nice by the way best of luck to you
Thanks for your info.
This is about offering options
Since we are already doing this for the Corvette I was seeing if you guys wanted it done. Of course this isnt for everyone. Just those of us who ar crazy enough to keep sticking money into our cars as thats what we enjoy!

I am getting some pieces in and will see about options to do this and the least expensive way possible for eveyrone.

Thanks for the input
Old 08-27-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to seeing the pieces.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice. I could see most guys here (myself included) wanting something like that, but not willing to spending that much.

Maybe they could be made with a vinyl / pleather type material to keep costs down?

Personally, if I were to start upgrading the interior of these cars, I would start with seats or seat covers first and then do something afterwards with the door panels to match.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Bramlok
Very nice. I could see most guys here (myself included) wanting something like that, but not willing to spending that much.

Maybe they could be made with a vinyl / pleather type material to keep costs down?

Personally, if I were to start upgrading the interior of these cars, I would start with seats or seat covers first and then do something afterwards with the door panels to match.
DOUBLEDMODS pointed out its not the material, it the labor in cutting, and stitching that makes it so much more expensive.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahh, didn't see that. I don't doubt that it's labor intensive.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:58 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
I would be intetested in something for the center console
Same here...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribing!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 430 Likes on 338 Posts

Looks nice!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am definitely interested in some pre-fit leather wraps for the entire interior.. i would like a DIY .. some instructions obviously, .. might be hard to send my parts in since my car is a DD.. or core swaps might be a possibility.. i just dont know how im gonna be sending in my dash pad or whatever, know what i mean? pm me for business if u find out what your gonna be doing
Old 08-29-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

That looks great, but the price is tooo steep for me
Old 08-30-2011, 03:13 AM
TECH Addict

I'd like to get the center console done when you can figure out a quote and leather color/stitching options.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice stuff but i could redo all my int,for the price of the door panels.most of the vette guys are in a higher tax bracket lol

Quick Reply: Leather interior upgrades for the Camaro and Firebirds / TA