Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks badass!!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Never installed any leds yet, as getting an eye look was my first concern.I used a dremel tool with cutoff wheel to make cuts, years of handcraft experience do help. The hoodscoop is a handmade modification of the el camino/harwood cowl scoop blended into the hood becoming part of the new camaro fascia.Rather than a fake mailbox slot, decided to do a real cutout based off a ALMS camaro concept pic.Plan is to make a supercharger style air intake with 4 butterflies to peek through the scoop.

On your headlights, are you thinking about using something like aftermarket Hella projectors?. Have seen them done in your style headlights, looked pretty cool.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ah I see. I tried with a dremel as well and couldn't keep my hand still.

I was going to use the same projectors I used for my current set, Morimoto Mini H1's. I love them, the output is A+. Easy installation too.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Putting these headlights up for sale tonight. I could use the cash right now and would like to try a different headlight project later on.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it really doesn't matter now, but two things:

1. If I understand your wiring right, simple diode in line should have be able to solve the issue of them being dimly lit when they weren't supposed to be.

2. When the paint lifted on the headlights, why was it necessary to buy a whole new set? That simply baffles me. Some sanding and a little prep and you could have just repainted them, again, unless theres something I'm missing...
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squee
I know it really doesn't matter now, but two things:

1. If I understand your wiring right, simple diode in line should have be able to solve the issue of them being dimly lit when they weren't supposed to be.

2. When the paint lifted on the headlights, why was it necessary to buy a whole new set? That simply baffles me. Some sanding and a little prep and you could have just repainted them, again, unless theres something I'm missing...
1- The halos being dimly lit were fixed by simply using the switch. When they were connected to my high beam harness, that was causing them to be dimly lit. Using an external switch powered by the battery eliminated that. The diode was for the high beams in the projectors- the projector's cutout to make the high beam work would not operate without the diode.

2- It would have taken a ton of sanding to get all the paint off the housings, and I'd have to get it ALL off. The 2 different paints mixed and made it lift. It was easier to just buy new used headlights for ~$40.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Launching!

How much you selling them for?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...ghts-sale.html
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Conrad
1- The halos being dimly lit were fixed by simply using the switch. When they were connected to my high beam harness, that was causing them to be dimly lit. Using an external switch powered by the battery eliminated that. The diode was for the high beams in the projectors- the projector's cutout to make the high beam work would not operate without the diode.

2- It would have taken a ton of sanding to get all the paint off the housings, and I'd have to get it ALL off. The 2 different paints mixed and made it lift. It was easier to just buy new used headlights for ~$40.
Well honestly, it seems you don't quite understand what a diode is or how it works, but I wasn't referring to the H1 projectors, but when you had it wired up and the halos were dimly lit when the fog light switch was one. It seems as though there was some back current somewhere, and that was why the lights were dimly lit. A simple diode would have solved that most likely since a diode allows current to flow one way, but not the other. Its pretty much the same reason they use one on the projector kit you bought though. Also, another way, and probably the best and right way to wire that up, would be to simply use a relay. Have a constant positive going to the relay, the ground, and then the positive of the foglights to turn the relay on, then bam, properly wired halos.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Default hey guys look at these halos

lolololoolololololololololololololololololololol
just to make you guys laugh this morning
Attached Thumbnails My own custom halos- DONE! *For sale 8/1*-car-photo-1997-chevrolet-camaro-1994-acura-integra-front-bumper-headlights-fail.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by squee
Well honestly, it seems you don't quite understand what a diode is or how it works, but I wasn't referring to the H1 projectors, but when you had it wired up and the halos were dimly lit when the fog light switch was one. It seems as though there was some back current somewhere, and that was why the lights were dimly lit. A simple diode would have solved that most likely since a diode allows current to flow one way, but not the other. Its pretty much the same reason they use one on the projector kit you bought though. Also, another way, and probably the best and right way to wire that up, would be to simply use a relay. Have a constant positive going to the relay, the ground, and then the positive of the foglights to turn the relay on, then bam, properly wired halos.
Well that stinks, that would have helped before but in the end, since the projectors are high and low beam, I wouldn't have had a choice but to wire the halos seperately. I did try using a relay- I don't remember exactly what happened but it didn't work right.

The switch works fine.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was the lucky buyer of Conrad's custom lights, and I'm absolutely thrilled with them!

I went to a show and shot a couple of pics. These were with my camera phone, so they're not great, but they give an idea of what the halos and the projectors look like.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking nice Mike can't wait to see how the white halos look. Should go perfectly with your current theme.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
I was the lucky buyer of Conrad's custom lights, and I'm absolutely thrilled with them!

I went to a show and shot a couple of pics. These were with my camera phone, so they're not great, but they give an idea of what the halos and the projectors look like.
Congratz..

They look killer.
A great deal on custom one of a kind item...

Conrad put A LOT of work into them lights. Nice job Conrad!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conrad
Putting these headlights up for sale tonight. I could use the cash right now and would like to try a different headlight project later on.
Good luck on that next project!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Darrell.

Quick Reply: My own custom halos- DONE! *For sale 8/1*