Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My own custom halos- DONE! *For sale 8/1*

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks much better. It probably looks better in person.

Keep it up you are getting there!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Think of how sick those lights would look coming out of a dark alley just enough to show part of the car and the lights so it looks like it's angry and coming for you like a monster.

Sick. Sick.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick job looks great
Old 10-20-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks!

Also just figured out the issue with the halos staying on partially when the highs are off. The fogs were the problem!

I jumped the fog lamp relay to keep the fogs on with the high beams (halos). That worked, so now the fogs stay on whenever the parking, lows, or highs are on, and the switch does not control them.

But with the fog switch to "on", it was keeping the halos partially lit. I did not realize that before. Now all I have to do is keep the fog switch to "off" so the halos are only controlled by the high beam control.

Weird, but I'm glad I found that out before I started messing with wiring!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

MORE PICTURES! These look even better in person. Exactly the look I was going for. Although they still need to be a bit brighter. I'll see what I can do about that. Note: the headlights are not aimed correctly, same with fogs. First pictures are during the day but very overcast.

I need a new grill.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just yank the factory grill. Lights look sweet!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I strongly dislike the look of no grill. I'm saving to get an SLP SS grill in red letters.

Thank you I think I'm happy with this round. May or may not start making these for y'all (with your choice of halo color)
Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good! the ONLY thing i'd say, is.. how easy is it to see the halo through the hood/bumper gap in person? i'm not sure if that can really be fixed or not without affecting the look from other angles or not..
Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks awesome... good job
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bill12690
looks good! the ONLY thing i'd say, is.. how easy is it to see the halo through the hood/bumper gap in person? i'm not sure if that can really be fixed or not without affecting the look from other angles or not..
I was afraid someone would put that out there. It's just as noticeable in the pictures as in person. That is an easy fix though- it was affected when I repositioned the halos from the previous design. The whole thing will look clean when it's done, even the part showing in the engine bay. I'm going to try to hide as much of it as I can with some skinny wire loom and heat shrink tubing.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the idea your doing with this.. (BTW it was my car that was posted before with the red halos) Can you get some pix with the fogs off? For some reason the look looks odd, like the car is cross eyed.. Dont get me wrong though im not hatin, I like what your doin..
Old 10-22-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrad
I was afraid someone would put that out there. It's just as noticeable in the pictures as in person. That is an easy fix though- it was affected when I repositioned the halos from the previous design. The whole thing will look clean when it's done, even the part showing in the engine bay. I'm going to try to hide as much of it as I can with some skinny wire loom and heat shrink tubing.
Yeah I was thinking cutting the halo off a little sooner would be best, but didn't know if that'd have a negative affect on its appearance from other positions.. I was thinking maybe some weather stripping between the bumper and hood, might be easier, and honestly not a bad idea anyway.

Sorry for callin ya out on it bud! Just constructive criticism.. I really think they look bad ***.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bill12690
Yeah I was thinking cutting the halo off a little sooner would be best, but didn't know if that'd have a negative affect on its appearance from other positions.. I was thinking maybe some weather stripping between the bumper and hood, might be easier, and honestly not a bad idea anyway.

Sorry for callin ya out on it bud! Just constructive criticism.. I really think they look bad ***.
Haha no problem, I'm open to all constructive criticism! I was hoping no one would notice just cause it won't be that way when they are completely done. Like I said, easy easy fix. It won't affect the look of them as they are.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FamousZ
I love the idea your doing with this.. (BTW it was my car that was posted before with the red halos) Can you get some pix with the fogs off? For some reason the look looks odd, like the car is cross eyed.. Dont get me wrong though im not hatin, I like what your doin..
I could get a pic with the fogs off. I made it so the fogs stay on with the halos (high beams). But if I've got the regular headlights or parking lights on and want the fogs on with them, the halos are partially lit up...

I wanted the fogs to be on with the halos so if I'm driving at night at a cruise or car show, I can still see the road but also have the halos on. Cause you can really only see the halos at night or dusk or very overcast.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you'll build some for me, right?
Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Guitar
So you'll build some for me, right?
I still have to think about it. I have yet to finalize everything. I need to make sure they aren't heavy on your wallets but also worth the time for me to make them. Cause I am still a senior in high school and my grades are especially important to me this year. Although, I've only got 2 real classes, other 3 are auto shop.

I also still need to figure out the issue with the halos being partially lit up when the fogs are on with the parking lights or low beams. Do I need a relay, so it blocks the little bit of voltage coming from the fogs when the park or lows are also on? Then when the high beams (halos) are on, the relay should let all 12V to the halos?

Correct me if I'm wrong. This bothers me and is a preventing factor in me selling these if I do.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

makes the car look pissed off... i like it..
Old 10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Conrad
I still have to think about it. I have yet to finalize everything. I need to make sure they aren't heavy on your wallets but also worth the time for me to make them. Cause I am still a senior in high school and my grades are especially important to me this year. Although, I've only got 2 real classes, other 3 are auto shop.

I also still need to figure out the issue with the halos being partially lit up when the fogs are on with the parking lights or low beams. Do I need a relay, so it blocks the little bit of voltage coming from the fogs when the park or lows are also on? Then when the high beams (halos) are on, the relay should let all 12V to the halos?

Correct me if I'm wrong. This bothers me and is a preventing factor in me selling these if I do.
I dunno, but assuming I get another F body and you decide to make a few sets, consider me your first customer.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Guitar
I dunno, but assuming I get another F body and you decide to make a few sets, consider me your first customer.
I'll let everyone know on this thread if I want to make them. I do have a few others as well that are interested. Like I said though, price will make or break this.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FamousZ
Sorry for the delayed pictures but here they are. I still like them better with the fogs on. Both look cool though, these pictures turned out better than the last ones.

As you can see I still have not fixed the issue with the halos showing through the hood gap. Been busy detailing the car, correcting the paint.

Quick Reply: My own custom halos- DONE! *For sale 8/1*