Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had mine done a lil while ago, easy my fav appearance mod besides lowering it, appearance wise my ar is almost done, just have to do the cme ,and get my duals ran to the back
Old 05-30-2012, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread, but the pictures here are very helpful.

I live in Florida. My Nissan Frontier XE has 20 percent tint all the way around. I've had it for 2 years, I have never been pulled over. My previous car was a 1996 caprice lt1, and I also went 20 all the way around-- No problems from LEO. I have never had any problems seeing at night. But I have always been wanting a little darker.

Now I have this Bird....with no tint (other than factory...like I said..no tint lol). The car is just too hot to drive in this 100+ heat index spring/summer in South Florida. I have seen a lot of you guys tint the rear darker than the windows.

I think 20 percent with 5 in the hatch would be about perfect. It's just too hot to not have any, not to mention appearance wise-- it's a good investment.

I'm not too concerned with "privacy", this is more or less just to cool the car down. In fact, I like that I get thumbs up and looks LOL. I will go see a tint guy around town, probably get the 20 percent on the windows, and 5 on the hatch. Possibly extend the front "brow" just a tad...that sun is killer on my eyes as I deal with it everyday at work.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
I'm going with 35% all around and 50% windshield...any more is illegal, and the windshield is illegal but shouldn't be noticeable.
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking about going with 35 on the sides and 50 on the windshield also.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Simplɘ Jack
5% sides has to look extreme but I would be down for it. You think too dark like 5% sides will look bad on nbm?
Name:  8e6a8f87.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  259.3 KB
Old 05-31-2012, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xxKennyDxx
Sorry to revive an old thread, but the pictures here are very helpful.

I live in Florida. My Nissan Frontier XE has 20 percent tint all the way around. I've had it for 2 years, I have never been pulled over. My previous car was a 1996 caprice lt1, and I also went 20 all the way around-- No problems from LEO. I have never had any problems seeing at night. But I have always been wanting a little darker.

Now I have this Bird....with no tint (other than factory...like I said..no tint lol). The car is just too hot to drive in this 100+ heat index spring/summer in South Florida. I have seen a lot of you guys tint the rear darker than the windows.

I think 20 percent with 5 in the hatch would be about perfect. It's just too hot to not have any, not to mention appearance wise-- it's a good investment.

I'm not too concerned with "privacy", this is more or less just to cool the car down. In fact, I like that I get thumbs up and looks LOL. I will go see a tint guy around town, probably get the 20 percent on the windows, and 5 on the hatch. Possibly extend the front "brow" just a tad...that sun is killer on my eyes as I deal with it everyday at work.
i have that setup. i love it.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LE35thSS
i have that setup. i love it.
I figured. The heat index was 108 today.....gotta cool the inside down!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Heading to the tint shop now!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Captain Double Post

Good stuff post pics when after ya get in done
Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking about going with 35 on the sides and 50 on the windshield also.
Still haven't got it done, other mods like wheels/cam decided to come first lol. I'll have it done eventually.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Hey guys, well I got it done. 15 percent all the way around.

The only issue, is that damn dot matrix. The guys told me beforehand the problem it will be, and only charged me 100 dollars for the entire job.

I think I will go back next week and have them re-do the back, with a black piece of vinyl covering the dot matrix on the back of the windshield.

Overall I am extremely happy, aside from that little two inches I really could care less-- But I think with a black piece of vinyl covering that part and a re-tint will fix the little problem.

100 dollars well spent, car is very cool now and I have to turn down the a/c because I begin freezing.
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint-imag0899.jpg   Window Tint-imag0900.jpg   Window Tint-imag0901.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xxKennyDxx
Hey guys, well I got it done. 15 percent all the way around.

The only issue, is that damn dot matrix. The guys told me beforehand the problem it will be, and only charged me 100 dollars for the entire job.

I think I will go back next week and have them re-do the back, with a black piece of vinyl covering the dot matrix on the back of the windshield.

Overall I am extremely happy, aside from that little two inches I really could care less-- But I think with a black piece of vinyl covering that part and a re-tint will fix the little problem.

100 dollars well spent, car is very cool now and I have to turn down the a/c because I begin freezing.
Looks good (even with the "normal" dot matrix) but its 80* and rainy in FL right now. I highly doubt you'd notice any temperature changes from tint in this weather lol. What kind of tint did you get for $100?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

I have 5% all the way around but it's not a DD, and rarely even has the windows up since it's a vert. Looks badass and you can still see out of it somewhat at night, but I wouldn't recommend it if it sees regular use. Stick with 15/20.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 AM

I have 5% on my IOM G8 and it looks awesome. however, it is way to dark at night. I have to row my windows down to back up and for the most have them half way down at night but for daylight its perfect.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by _JB_
Looks good (even with the "normal" dot matrix) but its 80* and rainy in FL right now. I highly doubt you'd notice any temperature changes from tint in this weather lol. What kind of tint did you get for $100?

Thanks JB! It's not raining here, heat index was about 97 out there lol. I think that will soon change with all that crappy weather coming up from Miami.

I gave him a call after I got home and he told me I could come back in about 1-2 weeks and they can try another method for me if I wanted. Very friendly guy, not to mention they did tell me before they even got started about the dot matrix-- so I can't say it caught me off guard. I threw a 20 in there for some lunch for the guys, hell they gotta eat too.

This isn't a show car by any means, so don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. Just surprised, never ran into this "dot matrix" in any of my other vehicles lol. Gotta say, love having tint. I didn't want to go 5 percent, normally I tint 20, so a little darker this time-- Just hope L.E.O doesn't mind!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
gnx
On The Tree

this is 10%
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint-2012-02-09-11.24.07.jpg   Window Tint-photo.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gnx
this is 10%
Looks great with your paint. That's a nice looking ride!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
gnx
On The Tree

I have a spot on both side windows cut out so i can see out to the side veiw mirrors. we tinted the sides with 20% all over then tinted the sides again with the cut outs on it so there would not be a outline it makes it hard to tell it has been done. I did it on all my cars ever since i was paralized.
Also tinted the front window down a bit lower than normally done
Attached Thumbnails Window Tint-2012-02-09-11.23.55.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could cut away the dot matrix part that got tinted with a razor blade and either

A) Spray paint it.

B) Put a vinyl strip over that area.

I myself painted mine before I had it tinted and it looks great. Stock looking.

Quick Reply: Window Tint