Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Got My Saladshooters

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ack. Those wheels and headlights ruin it.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh, black wheels, about as original as a flame paint job
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe instead of doing those silly appearance mods... put a real suspension on that car. that 4x4 stance makes it even worse
Old 08-31-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tipnitty
Ack. Those wheels and headlights ruin it.
Originally Posted by JDEP162
ahh, black wheels, about as original as a flame paint job
Originally Posted by ThoR294
maybe instead of doing those silly appearance mods... put a real suspension on that car. that 4x4 stance makes it even worse
lol. well you'll be glad that i added HIDs and a BMR/Bilstein suspension.

I do miss the old paint scheme though....

ive taken the pinstriping and SS badges away, my buddy is making me some ZL1 emblems and i picked up some C5 Z06s (real ones) and im slapping Hoosier 315son the rear and probably Kumo 315s in the front.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

God ******* damnit.

Your salad shooters have and always will look like a steaming pile of ****.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks terrible!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Plastic Dipping **** black has just become a fng scourge....... As have black rims in general. Especially faded looking dull ones. Take those wheels off and stop the madness. Why are there dominoes (or are they bandaids?) on your fender. Stop sticking cheap **** on your car dude. And "making" some ZL-1 emblems? What is going on, head going to explode. I'm sorry man, trying not to be D but.... OMG, at least armor all your tires. Your whole wheel setup looks like it was in a forest fire 2 years ago and you just pulled burnt **** out and slapped it on your car.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you took off your SS badges and are putting on ZL1 emblems on the car? Why? It's not a ZL1. Just so many things wrong with that car appearance wise. Why do you want 315's in the front? Paint your hood and take off those stripes and band aid stickers.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Plastic Dipping **** black has just become a fng scourge....... As have black rims in general. Especially faded looking dull ones. Take those wheels off and stop the madness. Why are there dominoes (or are they bandaids?) on your fender. Stop sticking cheap **** on your car dude. And "making" some ZL-1 emblems? What is going on, head going to explode. I'm sorry man, trying not to be D but.... OMG, at least armor all your tires. Your whole wheel setup looks like it was in a forest fire 2 years ago and you just pulled burnt **** out and slapped it on your car.
I agree.

Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
So you took off your SS badges and are putting on ZL1 emblems on the car? Why? It's not a ZL1. Just so many things wrong with that car appearance wise. Why do you want 315's in the front? Paint your hood and take off those stripes and band aid stickers.
The only reason to run 315s in the front is for hardcore road racing... And this guy doesn't even do amateur road racing... Also, I totally agree with your view on the ZL1 badges. Pretty dumb.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Just put the ZL1 emblems on the rims themselves and say you are running ZL1 rims. Also scratch out your your tire width and write 315 over it. Super cheap, super easy, super pointless quick mod. Like plastic dipping salad shooters.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree for the most part but I did plasti-dip my True Forged wheels since they were all polished and looked like *** within a day of cleaning and driving. Plus it allowed me to see how they will look when I get them powdercoated.

Also, use real tire dressing and not armor all. Once it dries it makes your tires dry out and look worse. Plus it damages sidewalls.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

K it has bugged me long enough - PLEASE remount your driver side headlight properly
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

For the sake of not looking like a trailer park prom ride, please swap back your old wheels/tires or factory ss wheels. Salad shooters look good one type of car and one type of car only, one that is in the junkyard.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Subscribed to watch this car get worse. What a waste.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

I do miss the old paint scheme though....

ive taken the pinstriping and SS badges away, my buddy is making me some ZL1 emblems and i picked up some C5 Z06s (real ones) and im slapping Hoosier 315son the rear and probably Kumo 315s in the front.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like the guy in the POS old RAV4 had a similar paint scheme. And the guy with the whatever the **** that little green troll car is has similar wheels. You guys all know each other?
Old 09-18-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 01BlueSS1995
cant wait to see the 98-02 style with salad shooters. cant say ive seen it before.
I have and its not pretty, just like they aren't on the LT models...They didn't look too bad back in the day in chrome on the few cars that actually got them but they havent aged well. Even dipped or painted in black in my opinion still look cheap.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
God ******* damnit.

Your salad shooters have and always will look like a steaming pile of ****.
Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Looks terrible!
Originally Posted by 00FlowCamaro
Originally Posted by ZexGX
I agree.

The only reason to run 315s in the front is for hardcore road racing... And this guy doesn't even do amateur road racing... Also, I totally agree with your view on the ZL1 badges. Pretty dumb.
Just put the ZL1 emblems on the rims themselves and say you are running ZL1 rims. Also scratch out your your tire width and write 315 over it. Super cheap, super easy, super pointless quick mod. Like plastic dipping salad shooters.
Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I agree for the most part but I did plasti-dip my True Forged wheels since they were all polished and looked like *** within a day of cleaning and driving. Plus it allowed me to see how they will look when I get them powdercoated.

Also, use real tire dressing and not armor all. Once it dries it makes your tires dry out and look worse. Plus it damages sidewalls.
Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
K it has bugged me long enough - PLEASE remount your driver side headlight properly
Originally Posted by why87
For the sake of not looking like a trailer park prom ride, please swap back your old wheels/tires or factory ss wheels. Salad shooters look good one type of car and one type of car only, one that is in the junkyard.
Originally Posted by Tipnitty
Subscribed to watch this car get worse. What a waste.
Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
I have and its not pretty, just like they aren't on the LT models...They didn't look too bad back in the day in chrome on the few cars that actually got them but they havent aged well. Even dipped or painted in black in my opinion still look cheap.

Thanks guys. Actually i do participate in Auto cross and Roadcourse racing. VIR and Moyock are where i roadrace Pungo and, ACU-4 is where i auto cross, and Richmond/ Northeastern drag way is where i used to drag race.

My c5 z06s with 315s are for my road racing days, the reason the car is stock height is because i live in a rural area and allot of driveways arent accessible with a lowered car.

That is also why my wheels are dirty...85% of the places i go are dry and covered in loose dirt. there are no car washs and im not one to waste money on appearances when the cars not being shown off.
My car is not a show car, its a DD and racecar, it is not rare and it is not valuable. its only worth 3,100 bucks. sorry its not "perfect" for you guys.

I did end up putting BMRs and bilsteins on the car though.

The headlights were damaged, i needed to buy new ones, didnt know it was a big deal to the rest of the world.

If you would like me to build my car to your specs send me money and ill get to work on it.

Zl1 emblems because eventually im getting a ls6 and the other items needed to make it a phase 1 Zl1 tribute car.
Maybe i should do what everyone else does and just throw the SS emblems or Z28 emblems on it.you know all cookie cutter and ****.

The plasti dip was used for various reasons, back when the hood was all black it was for a CHKD show and we all needed black hoods, but i guess next time i just wont give charity my money if thats how you guys feel about it.

The stripes were for GS styled stripes i was getting made, but my friend got deployed so i wont buy them till he gets back.

Lets see....i think i covered it all...hmm, oh yeah the band-aid sticker, that was a prank. One of my friends put it up there and i just never scraped it.

Not sure why you all decided to jump on me, but its not really gonna change anything.

Zex i dont believe ive ever seen you jump on someone before, maybe this sites going down hill.
Its just pictures of my car, its not like im posting in your threads with my pictures telling you guys what to do.

this is a typical yard near where i live just to show you why my car isnt
slammed and my nice wheels arent on except for shows and racedays

my road racing buddy who can vouch for me

oh...and he has 315s on all corners....on the same rims....i wonder where i got the idea.....

Last edited by Nick V.; 10-27-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Ewl. Ugly. Me no likey anything. Puke face.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ewl. Ugly. Me no likey anything. Puke face.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more auto x pics and the 1st gen

Quick Reply: Got My Saladshooters