Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SINISTER build (update 2/8/13)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what radiator hoses are you going to run ?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:54 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
MGW is awesome.

I just want to see this done already!
Hell yeah man I can't wait to finish it and row through the gears!

Originally Posted by TypeSL2
About time we got an update, lol. Looking great man. Definitely can't wait to see this thing running.

James
Haha, come tax time I should have a little more money to spend on it, so expect an update soon.

Originally Posted by redline61
The seats look sick in there.
Thanks man, the seats are by far my favorite investment do far. I love them.
Originally Posted by durtyss
Wow man it's coming along the trans am interior looks awesome
Thanks bobby. You'll have to come check it out sometime. You need to get your motor sorted out so we can stab it in along with that turbo setup.
Originally Posted by 11SECSS
what radiator hoses are you going to run ?
I'll be using -20 an stainless line for the radiator hoses.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Managed to finally get a damn windsheild in this thing today. What a difference. It'll probably get 35% all the way down with a 5% strip later though. Because racecar.
Right before with the window weld bead laid out.

And after!

Don't worry about the 1/4 way finished engine bay, that's a lot of time and effort I just don't have right now, but I'll get back on it when I do.
Also, the motor is temporary in the car for mock up purposes. I've gotta run my coolant hoses and get the radiator setup all squared away, as well as check some lengths on some of the wiring and run my starter cable and engine ground straps. I'm going to also do some custom interior touches, so now it will stay nice an clean inside the car all sealed up. I'm doing suede a pillars, headliner, and door inserts to match the seats. Should look subtle and clean once finished up. I picked up some TA door panels for it also, but of course I can't leave them alone either, so the outside trim will probably be leather wrapped to give it a little nicer feel. I'll have pictures of all the interior touches as they go.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good man
keep it up
Old 02-09-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Car is absolutely beautiful. Very well done man! Can't wait to see this finished.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just went through the whole build, awesome job man. My motor is coming out in about 2 months after i get settled in my house, then i can continue my twin turbo build. I liked a lot of the ideas you had. I have a question for you. When you put your fuse boxes behind the dash, the only wires you had to extend were your lights/fan wires for the front of the car correct? How hard was the dash to get out? I love the clean look and a hidden wiring harness, so i think i will do the same. im painting my engine ba too, just dont know if i wanna tackle filling everything, im not a body guy, and i HATE, HHAATTTEEE body work.

Looks great. Keep up the great work, I'll be following along, stealing ideas

Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allout06
Just went through the whole build, awesome job man. My motor is coming out in about 2 months after i get settled in my house, then i can continue my twin turbo build. I liked a lot of the ideas you had. I have a question for you. When you put your fuse boxes behind the dash, the only wires you had to extend were your lights/fan wires for the front of the car correct? How hard was the dash to get out? I love the clean look and a hidden wiring harness, so i think i will do the same. im painting my engine ba too, just dont know if i wanna tackle filling everything, im not a body guy, and i HATE, HHAATTTEEE body work.

Looks great. Keep up the great work, I'll be following along, stealing ideas

The wiring setup is quite a bit more involved than that. From the factory the wiring harness comes through the firewall on the drivers side beside the brake booster. From there it goes to the abs block, the wheel sensors, fuse box, then out to the headlights and other random wires on the front of the car, then loops around to the passenger side and back into the interior by the PCM. So it pretty much makes a big loop in the front end. Essentially I was getting rid of abs, cruise, and the other creature comforts like wipers, washer fluid setup, so all I had to do was move that loop inside the car, and extend the wires that I was going to use still(ie: headlights, blinkers, and fans.) if you were to keep the abs, wipers, washer fluid, coolant level sensor, and any other accessories I can't remember off the top of my head that I removed then the whole wiring fiasco would be A LOT more involved.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by scj
The wiring setup is quite a bit more involved than that. From the factory the wiring harness comes through the firewall on the drivers side beside the brake booster. From there it goes to the abs block, the wheel sensors, fuse box, then out to the headlights and other random wires on the front of the car, then loops around to the passenger side and back into the interior by the PCM. So it pretty much makes a big loop in the front end. Essentially I was getting rid of abs, cruise, and the other creature comforts like wipers, washer fluid setup, so all I had to do was move that loop inside the car, and extend the wires that I was going to use still(ie: headlights, blinkers, and fans.) if you were to keep the abs, wipers, washer fluid, coolant level sensor, and any other accessories I can't remember off the top of my head that I removed then the whole wiring fiasco would be A LOT more involved.
ok got ya. I guess ill just have to see when i pull the engine out. i dont wanna have to cut 50 some wires and extend them all like i see a lot of guys do. I want to hide as much as possible.

on a side note, how did you pull the motor? Im stuck between going from the top, or pulling it out from the bottom, i dont have a car lift...

You should look into the Kurt Urban water vapor system also.

http://kurturbanperformance.com/ls-w...or-system.html
Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allout06
ok got ya. I guess ill just have to see when i pull the engine out. i dont wanna have to cut 50 some wires and extend them all like i see a lot of guys do. I want to hide as much as possible.

on a side note, how did you pull the motor? Im stuck between going from the top, or pulling it out from the bottom, i dont have a car lift...

You should look into the Kurt Urban water vapor system also.

http://kurturbanperformance.com/ls-w...or-system.html
Its a lot more in depth than it seems. I did a lot of wiring.

I've pulled out the top, and bottom. It just depends on what you're pulling. If you just have a short block or long block with no accesories. Pulling out the top is much simpler. But if you want evettthing out at once. Go from the bottom.

I'm not a fan of the water vapor system. Too much clutter.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
scj
TECH Addict

It's looking like a car again... Little teaser. Not 100% though. Sorry guys.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad youre still pluggin away on it......looks great. Gonna lose the "V" decal?

Hoping to make my way down to Texas early June for Power Tour. Will you be done by then?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

What size spacer is required for you to run the CTS-Vs behind those wheels?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Glad youre still pluggin away on it......looks great. Gonna lose the "V" decal?

Hoping to make my way down to Texas early June for Power Tour. Will you be done by then?
I haven't really looked into it, how are the "v" decals removed without damaging the OEM finish?

I highly doubt this thing will be finished by June, but I sure hope I'm further along by then. It may seem like its getting close, but the car still lacks a lot to being finished. It's setting now is for mock up purposes only. The car still needs hard brake lines all the way back, seat belts(harnesses), a steering wheel, clutch/flywheel, pushrods, custom -20an radiator hoses, a torque arm, trans crossmember, exhaust, power steering cooler, oil cooler, watts link, and a full paint job. Haha, that's just to touch on it really. I've got a lot planned for the interior of the car to really be nice so it's still a long time out. I hope to have it running/driving by the end of this year, then iron out all the kinks and drop the drivetrain back out to paint the engine bay and the rest of the whole car after that. That's just a rough time frame though.
So stay tuned..
Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
What size spacer is required for you to run the CTS-Vs behind those wheels?
These are the 10.5" on all four corners, I don't know about the 9.5" fronts most people run. These required a 15mm spacer to fit.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just FYI not sure if it has been mentioned yet but when I did my engine bay I did the same thing as you with bondo-ing all over the strut towers and smoothing all the creases etc. Then some guys said it would most certainly crack immediately so I had to remove all of it. Might want to rethink that.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by djfury05
Just FYI not sure if it has been mentioned yet but when I did my engine bay I did the same thing as you with bondo-ing all over the strut towers and smoothing all the creases etc. Then some guys said it would most certainly crack immediately so I had to remove all of it. Might want to rethink that.
The strut towers as well as ever crease and hole in the bay was stitch welded up before any filler was applied. The towers wer actually completely welded at all the creases. I shouldn't have a problem.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
I haven't really looked into it, how are the "v" decals removed without damaging the OEM finish?

Two options:

1. Powder coat
2. Sand off and paint.

I didn't feel taking them apart to powder was necessary because the color wasn't going to change so, sanded them up, body shop shot'm in silver, added new decal, clear, done.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Update please! You're holding out on a lot of people who want to see this thing on the ground and in the sun!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by scj
It's looking like a car again... Little teaser. Not 100% though. Sorry guys.

To me, by far the best looking car on tech!!!
that thing looks amazing wish that car was local because id love to see it in person!! but my would not even be worthy to be around that lmao
Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When you installed the Corbeau Forza's did you buy their brackets as well or did you use the stock brackets and modify them?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crazy build! Your car has convinced me that I need to upgrade from my 17x10.5 ZR1's to 18's.

Quick Reply: SINISTER build (update 2/8/13)