Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bought a GLASSTEk HOOD PIN ON AND IT fits like CRAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that front part is hard as hell to make it look right. lol I dont understand how you cant take a stock hood and use those measurments. I have a VFN on the trans am in my sig and it fits good I just had to readjust the brackets for the shocks. I understand things like that
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

maybe next time someone buys a hood. request that you can pay them through paypal. that way if it doesnt fit. you can file a dispute and it'll make their paypal balance negative until they refund your money. thats why i like buying off ebay and paying through paypal.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Is it possible that you mistakenly bought a hood to fit thier GF034 98-02 Camaro pro front end extended?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No way in hell that's for the extended front end.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

shape wise, almost looks like a 93-97 camaro hood...

Im glad I got a harwood, perfect fitment.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Nope its the right number for a pin on hood for a 98 to 02 camaro.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)

Man, I wish youd go after Glasstek on this. They should be allowed to get away with stuff like this. At least show them this thread. F -glasstek
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
9 Second Club

I know at least be honest and say HEY YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A LOT CUTTING TO MAKE YOUR HOOD FIT. LMAO
Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow man that is really bad! F glasstek
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Holy hell buddy! thats terrible. I almost wanna call them and ask how there hood fits, then say "Oh never mind, I literaly just now read a post on a local car forum stating your hoods suck and fit like ****! Oh my god they have pictures too! LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 02:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What a joke.
F glasstek
Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

That's an utter shame with the hood and the customer service. I hope potential future customers will see this thread.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:42 AM
9 Second Club

I hope they do. Its such Bullshit. I have been messing with this hood for a week or so. When I was researching hoods I called them and they basically lied about their product telling me how it just fits perfect. Thats why I made this post I dont want another fellow tech member get jacked. I know how to cut and mod some things but the common person doesnt know how or will have to pay good money to have it cut.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)

I emailed them and got this reply.....

I was seriously looking in to buying a glasstek SS hood...but then I came across this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...like-crap.html
It doesnt appear like you guys stand behind your work. Also, it appears to be of substandard, almost un-useable quality.
What gives??

"Jese,

We Never told him that hood would fit perfectly out of the box...he ordered it with Torry the owner and he spoke with me Robert the co owner of galsstek...and neither one of us told him it did not need trimming...talk to any Chassis or body shop they would much rather trim a fiberglass hood than add to it if it was to be short...we make this hood to fit many different applications such as bowing it up to get a little more clearance...

some classes only allow that tall of a scoop but do not frown upon bowing it up a little wich at that point it needst to be bigger in all directions...

I spoke with him about being unhappy and told him if he was not happy with it We would give him a full Refund if he wanted to return it...he also said that a friend of his told him his fit perfectly without trimming...(not possible without sme trimming)

We make most of our pin on hoods / trunks a little oversized due to the nature of fiberglass shinkage and being too short...we use the best materials we can get to make our products a quality part that we would put on our own cars...

Thanks

Robert"
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

"without sme trimming" is an understatement.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

You'd have to bow that thing into a circle to get it to fit right. LOL
Old 06-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

I got mine last year and the guy at the body shop said he only had to do minor adjustments.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMD_Jesse
I emailed them and got this reply.....

I was seriously looking in to buying a glasstek SS hood...but then I came across this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...like-crap.html
It doesnt appear like you guys stand behind your work. Also, it appears to be of substandard, almost un-useable quality.
What gives??

"Jese,

We Never told him that hood would fit perfectly out of the box...he ordered it with Torry the owner and he spoke with me Robert the co owner of galsstek...and neither one of us told him it did not need trimming...talk to any Chassis or body shop they would much rather trim a fiberglass hood than add to it if it was to be short...we make this hood to fit many different applications such as bowing it up to get a little more clearance...

some classes only allow that tall of a scoop but do not frown upon bowing it up a little wich at that point it needst to be bigger in all directions...

I spoke with him about being unhappy and told him if he was not happy with it We would give him a full Refund if he wanted to return it...he also said that a friend of his told him his fit perfectly without trimming...(not possible without sme trimming)

We make most of our pin on hoods / trunks a little oversized due to the nature of fiberglass shinkage and being too short...we use the best materials we can get to make our products a quality part that we would put on our own cars...

Thanks

Robert"
That response is a bunch of bull ****, they say they make them over sized to fit different applications, wtf. They're all going on a damn 98-02 Camaro so make it fit one, if some one needs a taller one that's were the body shop should come in, not to just make it fit.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
That response is a bunch of bull ****, they say they make them over sized to fit different applications, wtf. They're all going on a damn 98-02 Camaro so make it fit one, if some one needs a taller one that's were the body shop should come in, not to just make it fit.
I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty sure every other hood manufacture for Camaros do not make them over sized to fit different applications.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Talking

Damn! That's a terrible fit. I'm sure now that it's here on TECH they will be more willing to work with you.
Maybe they should make them out of sheetrock, no shrinking and you could just rasp the edges, Hahaha! Hope it works out for you. I was just looking at there hoods and came across this. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Bought a GLASSTEk HOOD PIN ON AND IT fits like CRAP