Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

led door panel light problems help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default led door panel light problems help!

I recently put leds in my door panels to light up the switchs. I got them from superbrightleds.com. okay now the problem I plugged the bulbs in and they work and are bright as hell but when I go to lock the bulb in on the passenger side the light isn't bright at all on the switchs. But when I unscrew the bulb and move it around with it not locked in the little light on th outside gets brighter and dimmer when moving the bulb. Its not the bulb getting dim its something to do with the housing. Btw I've tried another panel and the same thing happens. The drivers side is perfect
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the fix for this let me find my old thread instead of retyping it lol
Old 08-03-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

here ya go man you dont have to take the piece out like i did i just needed to understand how it worked. all you have to do is break of the parts of clear plastic that lock in the socket. then on the socket trim it down to where the connector for the bulb goes. oh btw if you dont have a bulb like i have it will not work ones that project straight up will not work. you have to have to have the three led like posted so the light travels through the plastic. mark on the socket and panel where the light shines through brightest then make your marks( simply twist the socket) then i used hot glue to hold the bulb in place works perfectly.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my LED's from the same company and they pointed straight up. They were super bright and I had no issue. No modifications. Maybe they changed something or your got a different product. I will see if I can take a pic.

Oh, and I used them on my Camaro door panels and my T/A door panels that I had in my Camaro.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the responses. I have the ones that point straight up so the pic won't work. I see what you are saying just don't get how the drivers side is perfect and this side is being a pain
Old 08-03-2012, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

I had the same problem with mine. It was a long time ago, so i don't remeber exactly what i did, but the driver and passenger sides are definately different. I may have actually moved the whole led and epoxyed it, I don't remember. But yeah, you will have to mess with it, it's not just you or your car.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Figures something simple would make my life miserable lol
Old 08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might help, I guess I'm one of the lucky few that don't have this problem.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...el-lights.html
Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

No you don't understand the pics do help lol the light beams are different. The driver side. Goes straight up that's why the led on the top works fine you will have to order the led with the two on the sides. To make it light up properly since the light beam starts at the 90 degree angle then curves upLike shown .

Quick Reply: led door panel light problems help!