Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Center Console swap ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Center Console swap ideas?

So in my boredom i was looking at different center consoles compared to the ones in our cars. Thought occurred to me I wonder if anyones done a center console swap out of a 5th gen into a 4th gen. Dimensionally they look like there pretty even, im sure some trimming and fabbing would have to be done. Personally not something id probably do myself because i like my 4th gen console but just curiosity. Thoughts anyone? Any others youve seen that would look good?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It would look like **** unless the dash was changed accordingly as well IMO. I hate the 5th gen Camaro dash, so I wouldn't be a fan of that in our cars, but a redone, updated design of our current dash would be sweet. There was a member here several years ago who started doing that, even curve the middle of the dash in more in a cockpit style fashion, just like the new C7, but he went MIA and the results were never shown. Would have looked amazing had he finished and wrapped it IMO.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
It would look like **** unless the dash was changed accordingly as well IMO. I hate the 5th gen Camaro dash, so I wouldn't be a fan of that in our cars, but a redone, updated design of our current dash would be sweet. There was a member here several years ago who started doing that, even curve the middle of the dash in more in a cockpit style fashion, just like the new C7, but he went MIA and the results were never shown. Would have looked amazing had he finished and wrapped it IMO.
are you refering to this guy?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been musing over this kind of thing also. I'm no good with fabbing stuff to make it look good is the only thing. Make it work? Yes. Make it look pretty? Hah! But I may still give it a try, can't get better at anything without practice.

I've also looked at dashboards from other cars for piecing together with ours (passenger side airbag is the concern here) to get a nicer overall look. Really have no clue what I'm doing but I've got a few years to brainstorm. In the end I very well may end up just swapping to a Firebird dash and wrapping parts of it but we'll see.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
http://youtu.be/fyljGqdHNHQ
No, he didn't go MIA, I know he's still on here.

The guy I'm referring to made a thread with a lot of pictures. It's around here somewhere, I'm sure you could find it relatively quickly.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
No, he didn't go MIA, I know he's still on here.

The guy I'm referring to made a thread with a lot of pictures. It's around here somewhere, I'm sure you could find it relatively quickly.
Think I remember what you're talking about. Pretty sure the guy had a white Camaro. Not sure what his username was though, that was a while ago. He had some good/interesting ideas for what he as doing
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Might be. I just know he was doing it with a Firebird dash however. It was a spare dash he had, and he was using that.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:40 AM
TECH Resident

Ah, found it!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...t-cf-dash.html
Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
http://youtu.be/fyljGqdHNHQ

Quick Reply: Center Console swap ideas?