Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Charger R/T wash, decon, protection detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2013 Charger R/T wash, decon, protection detail

Well its been a crazy time for me. My Trans Am is currently under the knife for a full undercarriage sand blast, followed by rebuild and eventually paint correction. With the car out of commission in the garage, my schedule is of course packed now with detail jobs.

Anyways, onto to the task at hand. This is a 2013 R/T Charger Track and Tour edition that was recently purchased by my brother in law. This is his new daily driver, and being that he lives in a condominium, he has no access to a garage. Nonetheless, I notfied him that a coating would be the best protection we could offer for his circumstances. I let him look over the options and he decided to go with the Cquartz 30ml paint protection kit. Upon arrival, the car was clean and practically defect free. I foamed the car down with CG Citrus Wash n Gloss to eliminate the factory glaze on the paint. After a full foam, then two bucket wash, the car was Iron-X'd and clayed. The paint on this car was in unbelievable condition with just a few RIDS that were easily polished out with my PC7424 and some 106FA on a white polishing pad. The wheels, jambs, interior, etc. were all treated as well. Unfortunately, I was on a bit of a time crunch and was only able to take after pictures.

After curing, here is the car with two coats of Cquartz.

Unfortunately, it was a very overcast day so I was unable to get sun shots. This was the best I could do at the time.

The front grill was removed and coated with CarPro Dlux.

The wheels were cleaned with Sonax FE, and miscellaneous whell brushes. After they were dried, I coated them with Blackfire Crystal Seal. Next weekend we will be removing the wheels to properly decontaminate, polish, and coat them.

Last edited by Rare96LT1Formula; 04-01-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pics aren't working
Old 04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dabest09
Pics aren't working
Thats weird, they are working just fine for me. I just deleted them and uploaded them again. Should be good now.

Last edited by Rare96LT1Formula; 04-01-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mom just bought a Charger RT. Are the wheels coated or uncoated? Polished aluminum or chrome? I was planning on detailing, but I wasn't sure about this and haven't done any research.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car man. Looks real clean!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Very nice.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Furious1
My mom just bought a Charger RT. Are the wheels coated or uncoated? Polished aluminum or chrome? I was planning on detailing, but I wasn't sure about this and haven't done any research.
These wheels pictured are polished aluminum. I made sure to have my brother-in-law check with the dealership before we touched them. Better to be safe than sorry.
Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Nice car man. Looks real clean!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Very nice.
Thank you! Can't wait to buy one for myself one of these days!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Launching!

Cquartz is good stuff, nice job bud. I'm only offering Opti at the moment but might be adding that to our menu sometime this year
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by colinpd137
Cquartz is good stuff, nice job bud. I'm only offering Opti at the moment but might be adding that to our menu sometime this year
Thanks! I too have typically only offered opti guard, but my brother-in-law really likes the CapPro line (as do I) and insisted on trying out the Cquartz. The only gripe that I can really give is the suede clothes were extremely small and I felt that the coating would've provided a more even coat had it come in a small spray bottle. Other than that, great product, phenominal protection, and overall pretty fool proof.

Planning on also using their Flyby30 kit along with CarPro Dlux this weekend.

Quick Reply: 2013 Charger R/T wash, decon, protection detail