Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

it was fun while it lasted... last pic of "crimson"

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 What
x2- got to sell them somewhere and very recognizable car and those pieces as well should throw a flag up for someone. (if they are honest buyers)
I look for parts religiously on craigslist - I will message you if I see anything that looks fishy.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear this man I hope those ******* get cought and rot in hell...
Best of luck with your future build.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This really sucks to read. Your car was always one of my favorites on the site.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ugh im sorry dude that sucks. Scares me cause my car sits in front of my house all day. Wasn't even locked for awhile. It is now.....
Old 09-26-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Not to get off point of this thread, but elaborate on its location and appearance. What about pulling a fuse to stop it dead in its tracks. It would be a pain in the *** to re-install every morning but it would give you a piece of mind a night.
You could pull the ecu fuse and do the same thing. Cut one tab off of it and replace. Your car will crank with no start (since ecu controls injectors) and it will also give illusion that the fuse panel has not been modded.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
You could pull the ecu fuse and do the same thing. Cut one tab off of it and replace. Your car will crank with no start (since ecu controls injectors) and it will also give illusion that the fuse panel has not been modded.
Downside is anyone scouting out the car would see you get under the hood every time you went somewhere, maybe even see you meddle around in the box...
Old 09-26-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Downside is anyone scouting out the car would see you get under the hood every time you went somewhere, maybe even see you meddle around in the box...
this would obviously be for at home applications if your car sits for a long time. Mine could sit for 2 weeks without moving sometimes. I also live in a secluded area, so my worries are not as much as most.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

So sorry to read the news. Any pics of it now?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
So sorry to read the news. Any pics of it now?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...nt-pretty.html
Old 09-27-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
But really, when do POS's travel with fuses in their pockets wanting to steal a car?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
But really, when do POS's travel with fuses in their pockets wanting to steal a car?
If you're wanting to steal a car, you'll grab a fuse from any of the non essential ones like turn signals or horn or interior lights etc to replace it.

Fact is, if they really want your car, they pull up with a flatbed and drag it up onto it and roll away.

Chances are good that this car was taken to a garage, stripped, then dumped off by a tow truck on the side of the road. So they most likely had a secure location that was out of site that they took the car to, so they could have just as easily put it on the back of a flatbed and taken it if it hadn't started.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

If you're wanting to steal a car, you'll grab a fuse from any of the non essential ones like turn signals or horn or interior lights etc to replace it.

Fact is, if they really want your car, they pull up with a flatbed and drag it up onto it and roll away.

Chances are good that this car was taken to a garage, stripped, then dumped off by a tow truck on the side of the road. So they most likely had a secure location that was out of site that they took the car to, so they could have just as easily put it on the back of a flatbed and taken it if it hadn't started.
Also it appears they could be familiar with the fbody platform. Minus the engine pull a professional team can strip a car in a few minutes
Old 09-27-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Pulling the ecu fuse isn't the best idea since it will have to relearn fuel/spark tables along with idle etc. If anything pull the crank fuse in the i/p dash or wire up a switch to disable a main circuit. Like mentioned, they can always just steal the car with a flatbed or the like.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gutted for you. I know it's only a car but seeing those images makes me feel sick. I hope Karma catches up with the bastards.
I have a huge pvc covered bike lock I thread through the steering wheel & drivers door handle & leave through the passenger door when I park up, anything to slow them down.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the car will live on... right click save as desktop wallpaper.

Looking forward to seeing your next creation once the sting wears off. Hopefully it's a 4th gen.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

man I am so sorry to hear! I was following you on instagram and when I found out I was partially heart broken
Old 09-28-2013, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad to see but reality is the person that was involved is probably reading this right now.
Its crazy how much information some of us put out there including myself about our cars... where we live, modifications done, where we frequent and so on. Not saying you do this but we do make it easy for thieves especially with Facebook and sites like that but this is why I have full coverage and store my car in a locked garage BUT if someone wanted it they would take it and not much else I could do unless I caught them in the act.

Really sorry to see your car like that man, I hope you end up getting something even more bad *** to come back with.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't like to rub stuff in but in regards to the insurance and low jack. I think we have to all look at this with a objective view. His car was just his car in tens of thousands cars we all look at each day; but we all knew so much about it and the details of it. Looking back the popularity of this car may have been its ultimate demise. With that being said I think it is absolutely critical a car like that has more than liability insurance coverage. All the money we spend on these cars insurance needs to be one of them; there is no excuse. If you cant afford it then make budget adjustments, dont buy parts and skip on the basics.

Lo-Jack, I currently do not have it but that may change very soon. I know nothing is perfect and thieves can still get away with it but I'v seen it work first hand and the results were amazing. There was a lot of crotch rockets getting stolen here in Orlando a few years ago and one of my employees had one stolen from his appt. He went thru the whole deal with the insurance and got a new bike and had Lo-Jack installed on the new "second bike". Two days......only two days after getting the new bike he calls me to tell me he wont be in as his new bike is gone and the cable locking it to a pole is laying on the ground cut. The police tracked the Lo-Jack to a house about 20 miles away that was empty and had over 25 bikes stored in every area of the house. So his one lo-jack bike helped recover over 25 bikes and put the thieves in jail. He got his bike back with no damage other than the lock cylinder.

Just a word of warning to others out there and I terrible for James.

Quick Reply: it was fun while it lasted... last pic of "crimson"