Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

it was fun while it lasted... last pic of "crimson"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default it was fun while it lasted... last pic of "crimson"

UPDATE:

The car was recovered and is back home. It was found about 40miles away in Oakland, Ca. No rims, no motor, no transmission, both bumpers are trash, one fender is cracked, tail lights and the center panel are all cracked/damaged. Headlights don't seem to be in working order. They did leave most of the interior, but it's a mess, all of the speaker and other wires were cut, and the trunk is full of antifreeze for some reason. they took the little random accent pieces I added, cf vinyl wrapped door sills, firebird shifter ball, cf antenna, etc. and then wiped the whole car down in some sort of oil, I assume to cover any prints or with the intention of burning it...

So in short, the car is a big POS.. No, I'm not rebuilding it. wish I had better news to share, but I didn't get so lucky.

Also didn't realize I left some camera gear in there, which is all gone.

Thank you to everyone who helped spread the word. The car was spotted by someone who had seen the info on instagram.

I'll post up some pics of the car tomorrow during the day

--------------------------

I'm sure some of you have already seen the news on facebook or instagram, it's all over the place. lol (thanks to anyone who helped spread the word, I appreciate it). My car was stolen last night, so figured i'd do one last post of how it looked currently. c6z wheels powdercoated all black, 18x8.5 245/40 up front with 27mm adapters, 18x10.5 295/35 in the rear with 15mm adapters. BMR springs up front, Sportlines out back with HH mod done

This is the last picture I took of the car. I just took this pic one night ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/9903393836/

with the way these stolen car situations usually go, I don't have the highest expectations for seeing it again, unfortunately. I'll keep hoping it gets found in one piece, or at least with most of it there, but for now it's gone.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 09-26-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you get her back just like she is in that picture.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Sorry to see this man!! You car is one of my favorites!! And your right I have seen postings of this on Facebook, hopefully with everyone that is connected your car is found! Good Luck man!! Keep your head up!!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! That's horrible. Your car is so clean and tasteful.

I wish for the best!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss...hopefully youll get it back with nothing wrong.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Weak dude! At first I thought you were going to explain why you have to sell it and leave the F-body world, but that is even worse! Unfortunately I had to sell the Bird, it will be a while before I get another F-body... Sorry to hear it and I hope you see it again!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

F_CKIN THIEVES!!

Hopefully it was some young teenagers just out joyriding and you get it back in one piece.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I will keep my eyes peeled. If I see it, you can bet I will get it back. I know I-10
runs through where I am and I know where most of the stolen cars end up. Ill keep
you posted James.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Sucks man!! I'll keep an eye on it down here in So. Cal.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

Man I hate this! Hopefully you will be able to find it quick. Can't stand a person that's too lazy to work but wants to steal everybody else's hard earn property.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Weak dude! At first I thought you were going to explain why you have to sell it and leave the F-body world, but that is even worse! Unfortunately I had to sell the Bird, it will be a while before I get another F-body... Sorry to hear it and I hope you see it again!
Exactly what I thought. Damn that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, where did it get stolen? If it was at work or someplace they might have surveillance tapes if you're lucky.

**** if I caught someone trying to jack my car...

Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

thanks folks we'll see how things play out. definitely a f'd up situation. Hopefully it turns up
Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Exactly what I thought. Damn that sucks. If you don't mind me asking, where did it get stolen? If it was at work or someplace they might have surveillance tapes if you're lucky.[/IMG]
stolen from in front of my house.. worst part: I heard it leave and din't know it was my car, I've never really heard my car on the gas since no one ever drives it.

At around midnight I heard a LOUD car driving down our street, I noticed it left kind of fast, looked out to see what the car was but it was gone. I know my neighbors cars, and only two people have loud cars, and I knew it wasn't theirs just from the sounds.

I asked my brother if he had heard it too and he said yes, and that he thought it was me, my mom chimed in too and said the same. But they're not really car people and think a lot of loud cars sound like mine so I didn't pay their comments any mind. We all just assumed it was someone else and didn't think much else of it.

Then at around 2:30 I heard a dog barking so I looked out the window to see if there was anything out of the norm going on (normal habit... there was nothing going on at the time), but when I looked out that was when I actually realized something wasn't right, my car was gone. and then it instantly clicked, it WAS my car we all heard hours before.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

saw this on fb actually , im sorry man .
Old 09-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Your car was where I got the idea for my stripes! I'm pretty sure I ordered them from the same place! Fourth Circle?

But I truly hope some good news comes your way soon. Your car was always one of my favorites on LS1Tech.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
thanks folks we'll see how things play out. definitely a f'd up situation. Hopefully it turns up
So sorry man! I know from your post's you loved that ride! Hope it makes it back to you!!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
stolen from in front of my house.. worst part: I heard it leave and din't know it was my car, I've never really heard my car on the gas since no one ever drives it.

At around midnight I heard a LOUD car driving down our street, I noticed it left kind of fast, looked out to see what the car was but it was gone. I know my neighbors cars, and only two people have loud cars, and I knew it wasn't theirs just from the sounds.

I asked my brother if he had heard it too and he said yes, and that he thought it was me, my mom chimed in too and said the same. But they're not really car people and think a lot of loud cars sound like mine so I didn't pay their comments any mind. We all just assumed it was someone else and didn't think much else of it.

Then at around 2:30 I heard a dog barking so I looked out the window to see if there was anything out of the norm going on (normal habit... there was nothing going on at the time), but when I looked out that was when I actually realized something wasn't right, my car was gone. and then it instantly clicked, it WAS my car we all heard hours before.
Man I'm cringing just imaging that. Best thing you can do now is just keep a very close eye on car classifieds near your area. My friend actually found his stolen bike that way. Meet the guy, asked if he could take it for a test drive and never came back
Old 09-24-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow man.....sorry to hear. In event it doesnt turn up, hope you get back in the saddle with another one.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:00 PM

dang it!! im sorry bud. My T/A was stolen 2 years ago, its the worst feeling ever! I hope it turns up soon and in good shape!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Launching!

My favorite T/A on this site, what a shame. If you don't get it back, hopefully you'll get another F-body that you'll make just as tasteful. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: it was fun while it lasted... last pic of "crimson"