Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans Am exterior goodies for Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am exterior goodies for Camaro?

I've always been a Camaro guy instead of a T/A guy but I've noticed something. The T/A's have a sleeker look to them. They have those... sexy curves on the mirrors, doors, fenders, front bumper, and very little on the quarter panels, and they also have the vents on the fenders. After noticing this on the T/A's, my Camaro looks really plain. Are there any goodies like these made for Camaros?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bow Tie Power
The T/A's have a sleeker look to them.
you mean the camaro..
They have those... sexy curves on the mirrors, doors, fenders, front bumper, and very little on the quarter panels, and they also have the vents on the fenders.
all of that is what makes them less sleek than the camaro. the camaro is a clean, simple, sleek design. the t/a's have more flare, more pizzazz, more of an "I eat babies for breakfast" look when you see one in your rear view mirror. they're far more aggressive and in your face, especially with the t/a spoiler and the ws6 hood

as for adding something to give the camaro more flashy looking, there isn't much you can do without starting to go in the tacky direction, or without the ability to do some custom work. the easiest thing to add I guess would be some sort of body kit (ie. wingswest or rksport, or even the optional appearance kit) of course the other basic mods help.. wheels, stance, hood, grille, lights, SS spoiler, etc

wide body kit FTMFW

look up McNord if you want to see what can be done with a plain jane camaro
Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Yeah I meant to put the 'Camaro' has a sleeker look. Just me typing too quickly lol. Would the doors and/or mirrors interchange with each other?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 AM
TECH Veteran

no to both.

unless...
Originally Posted by crimson_bird
there isn't much you can do without starting to go in the tacky direction, or without the ability to do some custom work
if you can do custom work, the sky's the limit!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:26 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah I meant to put the 'Camaro' has a sleeker look. Just me typing too quickly lol. Would the doors and/or mirrors interchange with each other?
NO, wanna see how much work is involved find the thread on the TRANSmaro and see what it took for that guy to get it to go together (pictures attached for reference), something like the front 1/4 of the door had to be transplanted IIRC.
Attached Thumbnails Trans Am exterior goodies for Camaro?-dscn0869.jpg   Trans Am exterior goodies for Camaro?-dscn0872.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
NO, wanna see how much work is involved find the thread on the TRANSmaro and see what it took for that guy to get it to go together (pictures attached for reference), something like the front 1/4 of the door had to be transplanted IIRC.
http://youtu.be/Q4bV4zj7tv0
That's creepy...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by M4N14C
That's creepy...
Lol. The transmaro is still in my future plans.. I've still got everything ready for the project in storage now.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Damn it! Looks like I'm better off with just one or the other =/

Quick Reply: Trans Am exterior goodies for Camaro?