Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which color demon eyes should i pick?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
awesome! looks very clean well done. yeah thats more than enough. i didnt even grind the back.
Ya I was looking at another write up on here and that is how the guy did it so I figured I should too. Do you have any tips for putting the headlights back on the car? I remember putting the eBay projectors on was a bitch to get them to fit. Luckily sense I have the eBay ones all aimed perfectly now, I just need to mark on the wall where the lines are for my cutoff with some masking tape. I don't gotta do that whole thing where u park 25' away and measure the distance of your projectors to the ground, and the length between the two projectors and all that. But any tips for how to test the aiming of the projector maybe even before I seal up the headlight to make sure the beam is perfectly horizontal and only have to worry about adjusting the cutoff vertically on the car? Any tips will help. Thank you!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Baker
Ya I was looking at another write up on here and that is how the guy did it so I figured I should too. Do you have any tips for putting the headlights back on the car? I remember putting the eBay projectors on was a bitch to get them to fit. Luckily sense I have the eBay ones all aimed perfectly now, I just need to mark on the wall where the lines are for my cutoff with some masking tape. I don't gotta do that whole thing where u park 25' away and measure the distance of your projectors to the ground, and the length between the two projectors and all that. But any tips for how to test the aiming of the projector maybe even before I seal up the headlight to make sure the beam is perfectly horizontal and only have to worry about adjusting the cutoff vertically on the car? Any tips will help. Thank you!
I put the lights on a straight table and aimed them straight to the wall. then marked the highest point of the halogen pattern with a tape on the wall (make sure to mark where u placed the headlight on the table, you will be moving it later so only way to put it back exactly the same is to mark where you first placed it).

then, mount your lens as horizontally as possible by looking at the cutoff shield, place your headlight to the position you marked. then minor adjustments on the wall. it came out perfect on the car. you still have slight room of adjustment after you mount them so no worries. post pics if you painted your sheilds red good luck!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

I put the lights on a straight table and aimed them straight to the wall. then marked the highest point of the halogen pattern with a tape on the wall (make sure to mark where u placed the headlight on the table, you will be moving it later so only way to put it back exactly the same is to mark where you first placed it).

then, mount your lens as horizontally as possible by looking at the cutoff shield, place your headlight to the position you marked. then minor adjustments on the wall. it came out perfect on the car. you still have slight room of adjustment after you mount them so no worries. post pics if you painted your sheilds red good luck!
Good tips. Luckily for me, the lights on my car now are projectors already. So I parked in the middle of the driveway with my lights on and made marks on the garage with masking tape sense my projectors are already perfectly aimed. That way all I gotta do it pop the new headlights in and adjust the beam vertically. I will be doing what you suggested to get the light lined up horizontally on a straight table before I put them on the car. Here is the garage with the masking tape so I can get it all aimed up perfectly. And I will show pics of the red painted shields. Just checked and my projectors will be here today!
Old 02-24-2014, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Good tips. Luckily for me, the lights on my car now are projectors already. So I parked in the middle of the driveway with my lights on and made marks on the garage with masking tape sense my projectors are already perfectly aimed. That way all I gotta do it pop the new headlights in and adjust the beam vertically. I will be doing what you suggested to get the light lined up horizontally on a straight table before I put them on the car. Here is the garage with the masking tape so I can get it all aimed up perfectly. And I will show pics of the red painted shields. Just checked and my projectors will be here today!
you need to make the markings on the wall "after" you put the headlights on the table because the way your headlights sit on the table is totally different from it mounted on the car. this way you will get a 100% same position after you mount them on the car. and as you said it will be tons easier since you already have projectors. i cant wait to see your result!!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

you need to make the markings on the wall "after" you put the headlights on the table because the way your headlights sit on the table is totally different from it mounted on the car. this way you will get a 100% same position after you mount them on the car. and as you said it will be tons easier since you already have projectors. i cant wait to see your result!!
These markings are from the cutoff of my ebay projectors that are currently on my car. So when I get the new lights on, I just have to light them up to these markings.

I just got my projectors today and I took them apart and painted the shields red. I also painted the shrouds black. I am waiting for them to dry right now. When they're done I will be getting this retrofit going! My write up will be on here tonight guys (:
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

These markings are from the cutoff of my ebay projectors that are currently on my car. So when I get the new lights on, I just have to light them up to these markings.

I just got my projectors today and I took them apart and painted the shields red. I also painted the shrouds black. I am waiting for them to dry right now. When they're done I will be getting this retrofit going! My write up will be on here tonight guys (:
picssss??
Old 02-25-2014, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

picssss??
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Was busy all day with the retrofit. I am going to start the write up right now!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

My write up is finished. Check it out guys and let me know what you think!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post18047400
Old 02-28-2014, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

red FTW

Quick Reply: Which color demon eyes should i pick?