Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Projector trans am fogs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Projector trans am fogs?

Anyone know any place that makes projector fog lights for trans ams. All I can find is projector headlight kits that are like $300.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody "makes" them, but you can try to find a projector and come up with a way to mount it, it's been done before I'm sure. The biggest hurdle is that most projectors are between 2.5" and 3" (lenses) where the factory fog is 4.5" so you end up with a HUGE gap around the projector and have to come up with someway to fill it, like HALO rings or something, just really way more hassle then most consider to be worth it.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah what do people do for hids in the fogs then?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

they stick a set of 880 HID's into the stock housings and just go with it. Problem comes if you run a 55-watt ballast you run the risk of melting the plastic housings, this supposedly can also occur with 35-watt ballast but there is a debate on this subject, the issue is light scatter, it's not as bad on the T/A front bumper due to how far recessed the fogs are helps prevent the kind of scatter that blinds drivers, that said the light scatter is ridiculous on the firebird/formula front bumper and anyone who thinks they aren't blinding other cars is delusional. I tried it with some cheap bulbs on my firebird bumper and would not suggest it to anyone. Something else worth mentioning is you will want to remember to flip off the fog light switch everytime you get out of the car, since arming and dis-arming the alarm makes the fogs flash and flashing is really bad for the bulbs and the ballasts, honestly it's not worth the effort to do it to the fog lights.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

I did it to mine and it is totally worth the effort and i love flashing my hids with my key fob. they say its bad for them but i think its a bunch of BS. im sure someone will argue with me on that and have some explanation but i dont care. looks cool and hasn't hurt anything yet on my car or anyone ones car that i know. my housings are melting though i really need some glass housings but i cant seam to find LT-1 housings anywhere so if anyone has some info on them let me know
Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I retrofitted a projector in my factory housings. I will be posting about them at some point.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default soo

sooo....how about those pics of the projectors retrofitted?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah how about some update on this. If output is good I would look into it.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put silverstars in your fogs and call it a day. They look like HIDs and don't require all this silly stuff lol. they match my projectors pretty well

Quick Reply: Projector trans am fogs?