Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ultimate write-up against HID in reflector housing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blaine123
If you don't want to be blinded by other cars headlights at night... you're just gonna have to not drive at night.

Even cars with the most up to date housings and projectors out are still gonna blind other cars due to variances in elevation, bumps, differences in vehicle heights, all cars still using normal reflective housings.....

**Fun Fact** And 50% of people who have had Lasik Eye surgery STILL get the refraction from all oncoming headlights at night no matter what type of housing and where the bulbs are pointed.
That is a different kind of "blinded". The one caused by HID in reflective housings blinds you to all hell.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how everyone finds any excuse possible to justify HIDs in halogen housings.

Yeah, a proper conversion kit might be a bit more than anyone would want to spend on headlights. but that doesnt mean you should go out and blind everyone at night.
And stock headlights suck, but theres other halogen bulbs that you can use that are brighter than stock, without making your car look ridiculous at night.

Sucks when you try to make your car look like a bmw and end up looking like a civic.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had this *(&$&& behind me last night, mind you this is in my G5 which is normal ride height. I had to sit weird in my seat so I couldn't see his lights at all in any mirror. it was f*king daylight out of his headlights.

Ultimate write-up against HID in reflector housing?-fkl8uad.jpg

P.S. it was an accord with HIDs in reflective housings, and flipping the rear view barely did anything to help. couldn't imagine what this looked like to oncoming drivers.

Quick Reply: Ultimate write-up against HID in reflector housing?