Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SHAKER HOODS for 1998+ Firebird/Formula/Trans Am ON SALE NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default SHAKER HOODS for 1998+ Firebird/Formula/Trans Am ON SALE NOW!!!

This product went on the back burner due to selling our Trans Am but it's ready to show off now...

Basically we designed a Shaker Hood that we modeled the Shaker opening off of the bumper opening so it doesn't look like an afterthought.

The hood mold is done and production pieces out of it, test fit GREAT!!! Best fitting hood I've seen.

The shaker itself on the other hand is too small so we're remaking it 1.5" bigger so it will look perfect.

That should be done in the next two weeks but in the meantime we're posting a pre-sale $100 OFF to start getting some mold costs back...

Here's some pics of the production piece with the smaller shaker (that's getting changed)...

It comes with the shaker piece we designed after the shape of the front bumper cut out (we wanted a shaker but we wanted it to look factory designed, not like an old school shaker add on) BUT we made it big enough so that if you want you CAN use the different types of 70's style shakers, they WILL clear the opening...

It comes well packaged with everything you need to mount the hood to the car and the shaker to the engine (non-function but mounts to the engine, not the hood, so it actually shakes... to make it functional we sell an air box, tubing, radiator cover, etc.. on our site)

And so you have a comparison of what the FINISHED DESIGN THAT YOU ARE ORDERING will look like, here's the prototype/too small shaker...

And here's a (not that great) photoshop of what it will look like taller (finished piece will actually look taller than this, it is 1.5" taller than the prototype and fits the car perfectly)...

WE ARE STILL FINISHING THE TALLER SHAKER. This is a PRE-ORDER (hence the price discount) BUT the hood mold is already finished and production pieces have come out of it. We expect to finish the shaker within the next week so please expect 2-4 weeks before shipment... Thanks!

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=644

Again, ORDER NOW to get it at the marked down price of $695 ($100 off what the normal price will be so we can actually make a profit and pay off the molds) which we're doing out of HOPE people will send us painted PICTURES of the hood installed for our site !
Old 07-27-2014, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Old 07-27-2014, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This could be a nice addition for me. I wanted something different on my 00 TA. Could look really good on my black TA...I need paint anyway. Just need some funds to match.

Any pics how it mounts on intake? Is there some sort of seal around the hood opening, like in the stock 6.6 TAs?

I like this. I can see the nice black paint and flat black shaker hood area.Hmmm
Old 07-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Banned

The shaker just mounts with a bracket and studded spacers to the intake. It comes with a thick rubber seal to keep water out.

Don't have any pics though
Old 07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats awesome man, I have a stock hood I can play with. Are you offering the shaker without the hood? I wonder how hard it would be to cut the original hood?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Banned

We can just won't know pricing for a week or so. I don't think it's TOO hard but hit up RaleighTA (sp?) as his is one of the best I've seen...
The following users liked this post:
OhTwo (07-13-2023)
Old 09-10-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm very interested in this.

But I have to know...anything ever come of the Bird graphic for the hood?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Banned

Any vinyl shop can make that for you...
Old 09-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Have the prototype still sitting here we can sell cheaper as well...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure not any vinyl shop could make that hood bird. I've had custom vinyl decals made and its a pain when you don't have the file to not only print the 3-color pattern, but to cut it as well. Especially on such an elaborate design.

I just wasn't sure if you had access to the file for the bird and were going to source them out to compliment the hood. I'll have to take it to my local sign shop that I work with and see what he says.

You talking about the prototype hood?

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn that hood, shaker and graphic would look very much at home in my silver bird.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
I'm pretty sure not any vinyl shop could make that hood bird. I've had custom vinyl decals made and its a pain when you don't have the file to not only print the 3-color pattern, but to cut it as well. Especially on such an elaborate design.

I just wasn't sure if you had access to the file for the bird and were going to source them out to compliment the hood. I'll have to take it to my local sign shop that I work with and see what he says.

You talking about the prototype hood?

Thanks.
Yup. We can sell you the exact hood you see in the pictures. It was the first out of the mold, fits great, I would just use a different shaker since it is the smaller one we are redesigning. $600+ shipping OBO
Old 09-10-2014, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shaker doesn't do much for me, but I'm curious how it'd look with a piece of plexi in the hole like a C6 ZR1.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
The shaker doesn't do much for me, but I'm curious how it'd look with a piece of plexi in the hole like a C6 ZR1.
What would there really be to show though? I mean with the ZR1 and 6LE's G8 at least you are showing part of the supercharger instead of just the intake.

Well actually I think that might look cool if you have your intake painted a cool color or something, like that guy on here that has the SOM WS.6 and has his calipers and intake painted SOM to match. It would look pretty cool in that case.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Banned

We could easily cut a window for it...
Old 09-15-2014, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updated pics with the corrected size shaker? I want one, but not sure if I could give up my WS6 hood.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Banned

^^There's been no interest in buying the so we're probably cancelling the product (again )...
Old 09-22-2014, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did a revised shaker scoop ever get finished? I think the only thing that might be keeping people away is that they haven't seen it with the revised scoop maybe?

I've got the money for the hood, i'm still trying to find a place to do the decal. If I can't get a place to do the decal the right way then there is no point in me getting the hood...sad to say.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Banned

I'll hit up Mike and see if they finished it for us...
Old 05-13-2015, 01:38 AM
Banned

Default Any interest in a HERITAGE TRANS AM style SHAKER HOOD?

We're making it one way or the other (we're finishing the Sunoco style wide body for Camaros and already have the bumper being molded so we plan to make a Sunoco clone AND a Heritage clone, do a few cross country road trips like the Gathering and just have fun in them) but I was seeing if there was any interest in us popping a mold off the hood.

For those that don't know, this is what I'm talking about...

Name:  t2csrefr.jpg
Views: 2381
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  2003HeritageTA18.jpg
Views: 2446
Size:  207.4 KB

Name:  IMG_05951.jpg
Views: 2514
Size:  74.7 KB

The hood should be done end of the month IF we finish a few other projects first. Then we do the bumper and rear side pieces then figure out that damn spoiler lol.

We just need to know if there's any interest in the hood (would be the hood and the shaker for $650 + shipping, we'd limit it to ten at first, as we have to stock them, and if they don't sell well scrap it) so we know if we need to mold it or slap it on a car.

Any interest?

Quick Reply: SHAKER HOODS for 1998+ Firebird/Formula/Trans Am ON SALE NOW!!!