Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That's actually how it is under my signature description. For some reason it just shows a link and not the picture. But using the same code works fine in the thread. I'll have to find the test sub forum, if they have one, where I can play or ask a mod. Thanks for the help tho!
Old 03-15-2016, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 300 Likes on 166 Posts

If you just copy and paste that link in your sig as it is and put it in the text box under "Upload Signature Picture" and then hit Preview Signature, it should work. At least it does for me!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I gave it a try as well, but nothing. I even tried Internet Explorer with no luck. Oh well, I'll see if I can find a sub-forum and play. Sorry for derailing this thread.
Attached Thumbnails Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-capture.jpg  
Old 03-16-2016, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 300 Likes on 166 Posts

Instead of having IMG brackets and the url, try [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].

That's how it is in my sig. Sorry for derailing as well.

Last edited by CoreyD; 03-16-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God that looked like some quality output for just $55, thx for posting! Sub'd...
Old 03-17-2016, 05:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CoreyD
Instead of having IMG brackets and the url, try [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].

That's how it is in my sig. Sorry for derailing as well.
That worked! That was more headache than expected, lol. I didn't realize it needed code to show up, thank you very much!
Old 04-01-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infinite....How do you think these will hold up for the long run? Do you think the quality is good? Im going to take the chance and do these too. Im just going to follow everything you did. I know my fogs are just getting the older look too, even though the car has never seen a drop of rain. Anyhow, just curious to your opinion on if the quality is good for the long run. Since Ill have to cut the bracket, I just want to make sure that in a year or two i'm not screwed. Thanks.

Mike
Old 04-01-2016, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Infinite....How do you think these will hold up for the long run? Do you think the quality is good? Im going to take the chance and do these too. Im just going to follow everything you did. I know my fogs are just getting the older look too, even though the car has never seen a drop of rain. Anyhow, just curious to your opinion on if the quality is good for the long run. Since Ill have to cut the bracket, I just want to make sure that in a year or two i'm not screwed. Thanks.

Mike
I think the quality of these fogs are pretty awesome and much better than factory in all aspects. Brighter and you will have an actual cutoff. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
I think the quality of these fogs are pretty awesome and much better than factory in all aspects. Brighter and you will have an actual cutoff. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would.
Welp, I think Im sold on it. I just hope I don't botch up the bracket LOL. If you have any other pics or advice I appreciate it. I just love the way those shoot off the light. Thanks for posting all this info to begin with.

mike
Old 04-01-2016, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welp, I think Im sold on it. I just hope I don't botch up the bracket LOL. If you have any other pics or advice I appreciate it. I just love the way those shoot off the light. Thanks for posting all this info to begin with.

mike
Definitely welcome, glad when little stuff like this works out and especially something new for our cars or something that hasn't already been done in past 14+ years.

You'll have no worries. The bracket is just a straight cut and a hole drilled on each side. If I had to go back and do again, I think I'd do a long bolt through all the heatsink fins, would just simplify it a bit. Either way is fine though.

Post back when you get them install and let me know your thoughts!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely welcome, glad when little stuff like this works out and especially something new for our cars or something that hasn't already been done in past 14+ years.

You'll have no worries. The bracket is just a straight cut and a hole drilled on each side. If I had to go back and do again, I think I'd do a long bolt through all the heatsink fins, would just simplify it a bit. Either way is fine though.

Post back when you get them install and let me know your thoughts!
14+ years....you hit the nail on the head there! LOL. Yeah this will be a fun inexpensive thing to do. So you would run a long bolt the entire length of the heatsink? what size bolt do you think would be the best? bolt through and then put a nut on the other end with a spacer or what do you think? Thats not a bad idea. I would still have to tap two holes in the bracket correct or would the existing holes work? Let me know...i think ill try this approach.

Mike
Old 04-05-2016, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ordered them on Amazon last night. $72.99 Prime! I will throw these puppies on when I pull the car out of storage when it decides to be spring again.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ordered them on Amazon last night. $72.99 Prime! I will throw these puppies on when I pull the car out of storage when it decides to be spring again.
You should move down here. I'm on the busa and it's a high of 85 degrees today.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should move down here. I'm on the busa and it's a high of 85 degrees today.
stop bragging about your southern temperatures you are so lucky! It was 25 here this AM in western PA. The worst part is, our roads were so clean from no snow for the longest time and the morons dumped tons of salt the past few days on them even though it wasn't too bad. That sets getting her out now by a few more weeks. Enjoy your weather!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

stop bragging about your southern temperatures you are so lucky! It was 25 here this AM in western PA. The worst part is, our roads were so clean from no snow for the longest time and the morons dumped tons of salt the past few days on them even though it wasn't too bad. That sets getting her out now by a few more weeks. Enjoy your weather!
Haha, give me a few months and I'll be whining about how hot and humid it is. We don't have salt but definitely have plenty of rain.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, give me a few months and I'll be whining about how hot and humid it is. We don't have salt but definitely have plenty of rain.
haha, you can have your hot humid and rain!!! LOL
Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I got mine today from FedEx through Amazon. To my surprise there seems to be some difference with mine compared to Infinite's. For one the plug is different. I have 6-8 inches of a wire to work with to connect, so Im thinking that i wont have to cut the bracket at all. Ill be able to snake this through the bracket. The other thing i noticed that is different is the heatsoak. Mine looks to be different from Infinite's on page 1. Its a rough surface and an area that I think might have less surface area to tap into, but I think i can make it work. Just wanted to post this up so everyone could see them. I am very surprised about how well the quality is. They dont feel cheap. They arent plastic, the lens feels durable that if it took something to it that it wont crack. All in all I think Infinite hit it out of the park finding these. I will post more pics of the installation once I pull her out of storage in a few weeks. This is going to be one of my first projects on her this year. I think headlights will be my next task. Black Bird Lighting here i come!

Mike

Last edited by Smokin00WS6; 04-06-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to make the fogs sit a little further back in the holes so I cut up the brackets and welded some additional plate on to make it work. Drilled fins and ran a stainless steel 5/16 bolt through with lock nut and also ground off a few smaller fins on the outer edges to fit between the factory bracket sides. Make sure you drill the fins straight and same on the bracket. Mine were a little off and with the nice cut off the fogs have it's very apparent when you go to align them. No big deal, I'll just put a few washers under the bracket to level them. I do wish the color temp was a bit more white but I can live with it.

My led fogs look like your smokin.

Last pic is for you iR

Name:  20160402_212604_zpsdlf32abb.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  115.7 KB

Name:  20160402_170644_zpsgohyfird.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  20160402_220640_zpsrsas2izz.jpg
Views: 2579
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  20160402_214911_zpsarx16wgp.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  20160402_220609_zpsl6ry8squ.jpg
Views: 2660
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  20160403_190055_zpsw07g9fhm.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  2016-04-06%2022.17.02_zpsmbf8x0td.jpg
Views: 2576
Size:  89.3 KB
Old 04-07-2016, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Smokin: Yours definitely do look different than mine, but still look like they will work. On page 1, Matt I believe got his off Amazon too. I think he ran a bolt through it on his. The reason I cut off the top of the bracket wasn't really due to connector, it was mainly so I could easily slide the new fog connected to the bracket through the front. I had to separate the OEM fog to get it out on his car and the old Firehawk. All cars could be different, I believe blueday got all of his out through the bumper hole.

blueday: About time you posted pictures. If you can, post a picture of how the chrome lights look on the car during the daytime when they're off in case anyone is considering chrome. Why did you white out your plate, no one cares, lol. If you want to get a legit picture of your lighting like mine, drive out to my house one evening and we'll go take some. Need to get some decent pictures of our white WS6's together anyways.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blueday
I tried to make the fogs sit a little further back in the holes so I cut up the brackets and welded some additional plate on to make it work. Drilled fins and ran a stainless steel 5/16 bolt through with lock nut and also ground off a few smaller fins on the outer edges to fit between the factory bracket sides. Make sure you drill the fins straight and same on the bracket. Mine were a little off and with the nice cut off the fogs have it's very apparent when you go to align them. No big deal, I'll just put a few washers under the bracket to level them. I do wish the color temp was a bit more white but I can live with it.

My led fogs look like your smokin.

Last pic is for you iR
Blueday,
Thanks for that info. Im going to combine what you and IR have told me and see what happens. These fins are smaller than I thought on the heatsink, but I think I can modify it to work with how you guys did it. Your car and IR's cars look unreal. White TA's are awesome looking, and with the LED fogs and HID headlights they look really good!

Smokin: Yours definitely do look different than mine, but still look like they will work. On page 1, Matt I believe got his off Amazon too. I think he ran a bolt through it on his. The reason I cut off the top of the bracket wasn't really due to connector, it was mainly so I could easily slide the new fog connected to the bracket through the front. I had to separate the OEM fog to get it out on his car and the old Firehawk. All cars could be different, I believe blueday got all of his out through the bumper hole.

blueday: About time you posted pictures. If you can, post a picture of how the chrome lights look on the car during the daytime when they're off in case anyone is considering chrome. Why did you white out your plate, no one cares, lol. If you want to get a legit picture of your lighting like mine, drive out to my house one evening and we'll go take some. Need to get some decent pictures of our white WS6's together anyways.
That's good to know. I really want to try and not cut my brackets because IF something were to happen to these and I couldn't find a replacement I would want to throw the old ones back on with out having to drop $150 on a new bracket...LOL, I looked up the price of a bracket and was . Thanks for all the great info! Ill keep you two posted when I start doing mine. I have the itch to get her out ASAP!

Quick Reply: Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)