Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

i got tboned and now i've gotta pay 20%

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got tboned and now i've gotta pay 20%

ok the other day i'm driving through the walmart parking lot in my trans am and this guy came flying out of one of the lanes of parked cars (in missouri the person to the left has to yield) and didn't slow down or anything and by the time i realized that he was goign to hit me it was too late. He hit the side of my car trashing the quarter, door, rocker, chipped the top, cracked the winshield and various other things. His insurance company won't total the car. It is a 1994 Trans Am auto w/ 95xxx miles on it. The car was virtually perfect aside from a small ding in the pass. quarter. They are trying to make me put a used door and a used quarter panel on the car. PLUS they are saying that the accident was 20% my fault so they are only paying for 80%.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man. I would call up a lawyer and see if it would be worth going to court for. Good Luck
Old 05-28-2005, 02:20 AM
FormerVendor

Get a lawyer. All insurance companies try this "split the blame" BS, when it is only one person's fault. A good lawyer will make them pay 100%, and if they continue to insist that you pay anything besides your deductible, hit them up for harassment. Trust me, my mother has just recently gone through the same exact thing. Insurance companies are border line criminal, and everyone knows it. Call an attorney and have them give this insurance company a call, but whatever you do, don't pay it.

If your insurance company is nice to you, they may pay to fix your car themselves, and sue the opposing insurance company for their money back. This is what my mother did. We have State Farm Ins. and they paid to have our car fixed. The insurance company that tried to say my mother was at fault was The Hartford. After repairing/totaling the car out, your insurance company can go after the other, and believe me, they will. This gives insurance companies the opportunity to prove themselves better than another in customer satisfaction - a rare opportunity in the insurance business.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:59 AM
On The Tree

State Farm is great to me too.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dude that SUCKS!!!!!! I would be going off on somebody. I always get pissed anyway when i'm at Wal-Mart, or any other big parking lot, i'm driving the RIGHT direction, in the LANE, and some ******* comes running across the parking lot, crossing all the parking places, flying, and then look at me like i'm stupid when I don't stop for them. I agree with the other guys, get a lawer, at least to call or something, you were'nt at ANY fault and should'nt have to pay for some dumb ***'s mistake.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

that royally sucks. i hate parking lots. situations like this is why its important to have a high quality insurance company
Old 05-28-2005, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Get a lawyer like the other guys said, if it was his fault and you have a police report, I cant really see how the can make you pay a percentage, I am sure it is in fine print somewhere though. Good luck with it. I dont know how old you are or if you carry your own insurance, but get your folks involved if you can, insurance companies are tough and dont like to give money away, having an older person helps out sometimes when people get pushy.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

parking lot=private=no police report. sucks.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Insurance companies are border line criminal, and everyone knows it.
Isn't the same thing true about attorneys?
Old 05-28-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go to the Wal-Mart and ask if they have the accident on video tape. At the one i work at, they have video cameras outside so if something were to happen to peoples cars, they can look to see if it really happened. I almost get hit like you did everyday leaving work, just gotta go very slow and look out for dambasses that dont pay attention or know the rules.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Baseball bat + Other driver = Justice
Old 05-29-2005, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

there was a police report filed but they couldn't blame anyone for it b/c of private property . Walmart never has anyone there to talk to me about the tape so i can't get ahold of it. I have AAA insurance and we are going to get a lawyer on tuesday and get it taken care of
Old 05-29-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baseball bat + Other driver = Justice hahahhahahhaha hell the way laws are now after you got done beating the you know what outta him he could turn around and sue you for everything you got .....no seriously i would get a lawyer dude or find out about the video cameras in the parking lot cause that sucks for real !!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Razzak
State Farm is great to me too.
same here, i just had a new front bumper, new fender, an the bodyshop even wrote me up for a hood repaint too. 2,100 price, paid 500 deductable
Old 05-29-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Who is their insurance company?
Old 05-29-2005, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

progressive is his insurance
Old 05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what have you found out so far?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Notify your insurance company of what is going on. Since they will be the ones paying they'll tell Progressive what's up.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

lawyer is finding out what can be done right now. My insurance company won't do anything because i just have liability on my car......i just graduated high school, i work full time but don't make that much money really and these ******** still expect me to pull 800 $ out of my *** to fix my car. I hope something gets taken care of soon because I would really like to drive my car. The day that i got tboned i got everything to finish my nitrous install. Talk about enough to really make you mad.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
parking lot=private=no police report. sucks.
this is only true if the owner of the private property doesn't give jurisdiction to the police, if he/she does, the police can then take over

Quick Reply: i got tboned and now i've gotta pay 20%