Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

halo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default halo wiring

I know this subject has been beat to death, but I need some help please. I installed my Halos, everything works and fits fine, but the Halo ring itself is not turning on. I spliced into the purple fog light wire with the red wire from the Halos. And the white is grounded next to the radiator. Can someone verify if this is the correct wire? I was trying to wire them so they would come on with the fog lights. Or if they is a better wire to use that would be just as easy to get to.

Thanks, Eric
Old 07-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

isn't black typically ground? it sounds like your wiring is wrong. but you didn't mention a black wire. kind of weird to have red and white. if you have a circuit tester, use that. i'd suggest switching the wires but i'd hate for your halo to blow out incase that is wrong. there's only two additional wires right, red and white? Also, possible you have a bad ground.

Actually, this is what i recommend. remove that ground and turn your fog lights on and hold it to different places on the chassis. that should determine if the ground is the problem.

BTW, once you fix it, plz provide night/day pics, I am considering them for my car and wanted to see how they came out. Did you leave the new h4's on the stock wires? I am told that one should install relays, that h4s draw a stronger current than the stock bulbs. Cheers!

Last edited by prelude00782; 07-13-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: add info
Old 07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Never mind, I had a bad connection, the wiring was correct.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

What I did was take the fog lig bulbs completely off, cut both wires, then splice all three ends together and cap it off with a twister. It's not that hard, wire the red with the red and the white with the purple I believe are the colors and you use the Fog light switch inside the car to turn both on.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

since the halo is a bright white/blueish what bulbs would you use to replace the stock foglight bulbs and where to get, assuming you use the foglights at all.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
since the halo is a bright white/blueish what bulbs would you use to replace the stock foglight bulbs and where to get, assuming you use the foglights at all.
The light in the halo is just a single blue LED, rather weak. why would you replace the fog light bulbs?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
What I did was take the fog lig bulbs completely off, cut both wires, then splice all three ends together and cap it off with a twister. It's not that hard, wire the red with the red and the white with the purple I believe are the colors and you use the Fog light switch inside the car to turn both on.
Your talking about the home style twist on caps? Cause if you are just so you know they do vibrate off usually... Im not saying they will, just thats the reason they arent used in cars... Id prefer a crimp cap.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
The light in the halo is just a single blue LED, rather weak. why would you replace the fog light bulbs?

Well i wanted to replace them anyway because I have 8500 hid's for headlights and they are really white compared to my yellow foglights, the halos and headlights kinda match and i just wanted uniformity
Old 07-13-2005, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

For those who try this in the future with Halos that only have 1 white and 1 red wire: The white wire is grounded next to the radiator on each side and connect the red Halo wire to the purple fog light wire. I would post pics, but I don't know how to transfer them from my desktop to the forum.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ESMsilver00SS
For those who try this in the future with Halos that only have 1 white and 1 red wire: The white wire is grounded next to the radiator on each side and connect the red Halo wire to the purple fog light wire. I would post pics, but I don't know how to transfer them from my desktop to the forum.

you can register somewhere at like www.photobucket.com for free and upload pics from your desktop.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

I will try that, thanks.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Charging TA
Your talking about the home style twist on caps? Cause if you are just so you know they do vibrate off usually... Im not saying they will, just thats the reason they arent used in cars... Id prefer a crimp cap.
Yes the twist on kind, they are small and tight, I just twisted them up tight at the ends and stuck them in.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

You guys should invest in an additional fog light switch and wiring harness that will allow you to turn the halos on independent of the fog lights. If you wanna know more, check out this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/319100-halo-lights-button.html

Quick Reply: halo wiring