Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

halo's with low beams on the inside...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question halo's with low beams on the inside...?

as I was puttin in my halo's I was wondering if it were possible to put the low beams on the inside of the housing and hi-beams on the outside? if anyone has done this please post up some pics and explain the work involved...thanks
Old 09-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im sure it can be done. But the only way I could think of was to cut the wire on the plug on the brights. Then swap the plug with the lows. Then your brights would be where you dim lights are. Does that makes sense? The bulbs are two different sizes, thats where the problems comes in. Plus I think it might look a little stupid with the inside light being your dim lights. The more I thought about what was required for it to possibly work, I came to the conclusion that it was worth it. It is a good idea though, if you could figure out how to keep the light coming through that hole. Good luck.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds interesting, I suppose you want to do this because you want your halo to still be visible when the headlights are on, right?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Teching In

yes thats true, and with the silverstars its brighter out of 1 holes rather than 2 holes, i think modifying the housing is the easiest way to do this and will attempt to this weekend hopefully
Old 09-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99pewtercamaro99
yes thats true, and with the silverstars its brighter out of 1 holes rather than 2 holes, i think modifying the housing is the easiest way to do this and will attempt to this weekend hopefully
keep us updated. post pics if possible
Old 09-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Banned

I've tried this before on stocker headlights after one of my low beams burnt out. I was trying to get home and didn't want a ticket, so it was about all I could do. Let's put it this way, not only will it look really odd, but you will not throw any light out. Actually, NO light will be thrown out. It will be like driving with only your fog lights on. The housings are designed to work with the light specified for the low beam / high beam setup. It doesen't take anything to try, just switch'em over and see what I mean. It might look cool for a Halo setup, but the way the housings are designed to reflect each specific lightbulbs light, it won't illuminate anything.

The lightbulbs are exactly the same size, all I did to switch mine over was take them out of the socket and put it wherever i wanted. Teh wiring had enough slack to allow for it.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Teching In

thats not true, I tried it like you said, and with the silverstars it was bright...the projector housing allowed for the beam to be more focused and not only did it look better but it lit up street better, but for some reason it wouldnt plug in?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

All you should have to do is switch bulbs and plug them up. My halos came with teh wrong bulbs anyway so I KNOW they will interchange without modification to the headlights.

Chris
Old 09-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Someone get some pics up of this...

Quick Reply: halo's with low beams on the inside...?