Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rice or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rice or not?

Does anyone on here think that it's rice or not to have clear corners and clear lights in the back bumper? I have clear corners but was wondering if it would be over kill if i had got some clears for the back bumper. any imput would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

everyone has them...so if they thought they were rice, they are sayin almost all fbodys are rice..
Old 11-25-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What next, "Is it rice if I put 17" rims on my car?" C'mon, man, that has nothing to do with "rice" what so ever. Damn this word is getting over used way too much. Most would say if you have it up front, do it all around. Normally you don't do clear turn signals with blackouts out back, so I would think you should do it.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Im not going to be one of those people that bitch about people using the word rice (JUST SAYING NOT POINTING ANYBODY OUT) and im NOT a big fan of the imports but honestly man if you like it who cares about what other people think! I love the ground effects and the higher spoilers on these cars (without overkill of course)! I think it makes the car look different and i dont want to have a car that looks just like everybody elses! So i dont think the clear rear lights look bad so if you like them then go for it bro! JMHO
Old 11-25-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I think the clear sidemarker lights look , just not a fan of the euro taillights on our cars. The sidemarkers are a small detail that doesn't just jump out at you and scream :
Old 11-25-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have them both i always get compliments on them. get them they will set you apart!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

not callin rice or not...i'm asian so i'm not a fan of the word anyway. but i personally like clear corners on all color camaros, but only the rear ones on black or white because it looks clean...so go for it!
just my $.02 tho
Old 11-25-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Why not just do what you like and not worry about what other people think. It's your car. I have both clear corners and clear side marker lights on a black SS and they look bad as ****.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 11-25-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

some ppl(well one in paticular) are such dicks....n-e-ways I think clears in the front are a must I hate the orange/amber color the rears look good either way.THe only guys who get upset about the rice comment are the one who've been called it once or twice.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
THe only guys who get upset about the rice comment are the one who've been called it once or twice.
Or the ones that have been on message boards for years, and have had to hear everyone and their brother call something they don't like rice, simply because they don't like it, so immediately it's rice. On this site alone, we've had "rice or not?" threads on halos, ground effects, clears, aftermarket taillights, need I continue? I won't even go into what other sites have had, I have 7 fbody forums that I visit on a regular basis, so let me tell ya I've seen way too many threads about "rice." If you like the looks of it, who cares if people call it rice? I just try to educate people on how ignorant it looks to use the word, and how old it really is.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meissenation
What next, "Is it rice if I put 17" rims on my car?" C'mon, man, that has nothing to do with "rice" what so ever. Damn this word is getting over used way too much. Most would say if you have it up front, do it all around. Normally you don't do clear turn signals with blackouts out back, so I would think you should do it.
Amen. I hate that damn word. The hell with all that use it.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Calling rice to everything different or new or just because you dont like it is totally pointless and almost childish. There is something known as "bad taste" or "overdone" and still that, is subjective. To me, anyone asking what is rice or not just denotes insecurity and poor knowledge of what been a car enthusiast means....have fun with your car plain and simple, thats all. Believe me, a lot of people calling out rice are just jealous or unable to afford certain things. Not all, but a lot of them....
Old 11-25-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
Calling rice to everything different or new or just because you dont like it is totally pointless and almost childish. There is something known as "bad taste" or "overdone" and still that, is subjective. To me, anyone asking what is rice or not just denotes insecurity and poor knowledge of what been a car enthusiast means....have fun with your car plain and simple, thats all. Believe me, a lot of people calling out rice are just jealous or unable to afford certain things. Not all, but a lot of them....
Thats good wish I would have said that, all I could think of is amen. lol.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I built my car for MYSELF to enjoy. Did i go overboard ? Well probably but it's my car.
I just have to say keep it tasteful and you can't go wrong. Besides not all people are going to like your car, that's why shows have judging.
Hawk
Old 11-25-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed. When I picked what I wanted to do with my car, there's three factors that I put into it.

One - Do I like it?
Two - How popular is it? Is it unique?
Three - (This only applies to a few things I've done, IE molding my CD player's faceplate into my sunvisor, making the carPC, etc) Can it be done?

I may post polls to see what people like, and truthfully 90% of the time I'm going against what everyone in the poll votes, I just like to be prepared for the reactions of others (I just did a poll on another site asking on whether I should get bright red carpet, or dark black. Almost everyone voted black, but I'm doing red anyway. ). But, I will tell you, even though everyone bashes my car on this site, I have never once had anyone come up to me and tell me in person at a car show that they don't like my car. Granted, people can say it behind my back all day long, but until they are coming up to me and saying it because it's that bad, I'm not worried.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:06 AM

well all hell i like it and was just wondering what most people thought about them.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by meissenation
Granted, people can say it behind my back all day long, but until they are coming up to me and saying it because it's that bad, I'm not worried.
Well, your car IS that bad Meissen.

Not really of course.

The clear turn signals & side marker lights look a whole lot better than the stock ones. I've got the black "euro" turn signals & clear side markers, I like 'em.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

*kicks Drake* Hush, you.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Teching In

if you like them go for it, if not then well dont... I personally like I mean love clears on black cars
Old 11-26-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Go for it.

Quick Reply: Rice or not?