Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro owners...Shut up the TA guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
heres one that all can agree on a TAs interior bloys the camaros away.and like others said how can some one call either car ugly .i prefer the TA over the camaro thought,when i was looking for an f-body i was gonna get a camaro cause it was cheaper not cause it looked better.thank god i got a TA .
no we cant. 1980s seats and early 1990s dashes dont do it for me. those T bar auto shifters look amazing
Old 12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
Look everyone I love Camaros and The Birds.. besides never give a V6 ****! Porsche cars proved that a "6" can be very fast! My SS/RS was orginally a V6 but now an LS6.
And Sgt. Spuds thanks, those are mine and wifes cars I didnt just pick out two cars to make my point like the other guy said. I just want people to know I like Camaros and just cuz they dont have a Specail hood or spoiler doesnt mean it still can't be a beautiful car or Fast!!!

i'll second that. Dont give v6 a bad rep... i know of a few v6 fbodys pushing 400+WHP, gotta be something impressive when you see a v6 hanging with your 8, or not? right tiago
Old 12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zangel
All I was concerned with was the motor. I could care less what it came in. I didn't want all the frills. I never said that the Firebirds didn't look good.
Just thought I would play along with the thread. Your car is my favorite camaro .
Old 12-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
I have never in my life heard anyone call a ram air TRANS AM cute...
Same here. I've never had anyone call anything I've drove, Camaro or T/A, girly or foo-foo. Especially the T/A. But I don't feel like one is more girly than the other or that one is less of a car.

Originally Posted by LS1Won1
"A SS looks like it could kick your *** if it wanted to, but a WS.6 looks like its comin over to do it."
^^But that is how I feel.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by paper doll
ram air trans ams are cute , camaros are more cute , they are all girl cars, just dolls (ok i think i actually e-vomited) who the hell talks like this? the only time i hear some girlie saying a car is cute is when its a vw beatle or some ugly pos, why does it matter ? sports cars arnt girlie , and even if they were get over it , this woman drives a formula , does that make it a girls car? no bc i put down low stock times and drive the hell out of my car, and there isnt a bobble head tweetie bird on the dash.
I would have to agree. They are both sports cars. Neither are girly, foo-foo, frilly, or whatever. I got mine because of the motor that came in them, too. But I chose the body style I liked better. I figured if I was going to spend my money then I sure as hell was going to get the one I wanted. Not settle for the next thing to come along. Why spend all that money to try and make a Camaro look as good as a T/A when you can just get the T/A? And that came from what some of y'all have said. I don't have pink all over my car or have stupid flowers hanging off my rear view. What makes it girly? Camaros aren't ugly unless you make them. Same for the T/A.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Fiery Features Director

Whoever said anything about pink or flowers? Guess I must have missed that part. It also has nothing to do with being a sports car. Some people would say a Vette is pretty, but that doesn't make it less of a sports car. Put some thought into it. The reason a Firebird would be considered more "foo-foo" than a Camaro is because of the extra frills that they add. Ever looked at the interior of a Firebird vs. a Camaro? The Camaro is plain while the Firebird has big cushy seats and a more dramatic dash/door panels, and is definately considered flashy comparidly. Compare the body of a Firebird to a Camaro. The Camaro is basic, sometimes considered boring while the Firebird has all these flashy lines and "wide hips". More of a curvasous body. Step outside of the very few girls in this world that may actually know a thing or two about cars and lets consider the vast majority who don't know squat and want the car for attention. What's going to be easier to sell? The flashy, curvy, PRETTY Firebird or what most consider the plain Camaro? You could even say it is about status in some cases. Which one "appears" to be more expensive or of a higher value. Some of you are trying to make a big deal out of something that's not. I don't know if I hit some buttons or offended anyone, but it wasn't my intention. Nothing to get all uptight about. Take a chill pill....
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems to be my observation that little men who need to make up for other traits they are lacking buy the TA's. HAHA. Wanna be batmobile or catfish....hmm...i vote the lt1 camaro! This is fun.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pr95blackbird
i'll second that. Dont give v6 a bad rep... i know of a few v6 fbodys pushing 400+WHP, gotta be something impressive when you see a v6 hanging with your 8, or not? right tiago
And how much money did you dump into the car to hang with a V8? Take the same ammount, spend it on a V 8and you wont even see the tailights.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jargan04
And how much money did you dump into the car to hang with a V8? Take the same ammount, spend it on a V 8and you wont even see the tailights.

depends..... a 305 is a joke, and the early 350's are too (fbody), and the cost comparison wont work in this case because i'm in canada, the cost of a v6 is about half of a v8, and the difference in mods is still less than the total cost of getting the v8... so v6 with the power of a v8... you do the math. But in the case i was referring to, there is a certain yellow camaro that pushes 456rwhp, then again a fair share of money was dumped into that so yea... i hear ya.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
WRONG.

The '97+ camaro int is so more ergonomic than mine....

I love my TA for the lt1, and the looks I get. Today out side school, after waiting for the temp to go up, I pulled out of my space. I loaped through the lot, waiting in line to get out. This cute blond chick ive never seen in my life came up to my passanger side door, and knocked? I hit the switch and rolled it down.

"hey their, I love your car.... wanna drive me home?"

Me getting up from my slouch
''Sure"

She got in and again complemented my car. And told me how to get to her house, and took me the long way... Then she asked me to pick her up in the morning early and we can go hang out before school. Sounds like the TA can still pull girls, after 9 years. ( not that I need help lol )

But if I had my choice of cars it would be a jet black 97 ss m6.
Damn....I wanna go to your school!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
I know three guys that own 02 Z28s and all of them wish they had a TA. Of course I'm a bird man, but I also like the Camaro SS then Z28.
I was actually liking a lot of the camaro pics posted until I saw your sig...every damn time I see your car I drool like a 13 y.o boy looking at his dads playboys. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that color.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
I love GM cars, but I am so tired of the Trans Am guys saying their cars are so much better then Camaros.
Wow, that has to be the dumbest statement I have ever read on here. I have never seen TA guys say that, unless it was in total fun. Are you kidding? I saw no jester symbol ( ).
Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

im sorry not to break up the conversation, but this is awesome.
we might as well argue over blonde or brunette hair on chicks.

both cars are awesome

LS1
enough said
Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like them both:

Personally, WS6's look better from the factory HANDS DOWN (even over an SS).

BUT, there's nothing (besides rims) that you can really do to them (that looks good anyways) to stand out.

Camaro's on the other hand suck from the factory so you can add your personal combination of hood, spoiler and rims to look different.

Still, AT BEST a well modded Camaro is EQUAL to a WS6 IMO.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Launching!

I think both cars look awesome. When I got my car I was looking at both the camaro and the firebird. I went with the camaro for the third time now because I can do more to it to personalize it appearance wise. Don't get me wrong the firebirds are bad *** looking cars, but they all look the same in the end, I mean how much can one do to set their WS6 apart from any other besides wheels? Custom paint is about the only thing I can think of.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
I like them both:

Personally, WS6's look better from the factory HANDS DOWN (even over an SS).

BUT, there's nothing (besides rims) that you can really do to them (that looks good anyways) to stand out.

Camaro's on the other hand suck from the factory so you can add your personal combination of hood, spoiler and rims to look different.

Still, AT BEST a well modded Camaro is EQUAL to a WS6 IMO.

Damn dude, you beat me to the punch, took the words right out of my mouth
Old 12-13-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jargan04
I agree. They are nothing but junk. I would take a nice V6 firebird for a daily.
Well you did used to have one back in high school that you thought was hot ****. But Im real happy to see you got a bad *** car now . Even tho its a trans am.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Camaros have a more conservative look, T/A have a more agressive look. I see the Camaro for some one who wants to show he gots something powerful under the hood but doesn't want to shove it in people's faces. The T/A has a more "look at me" look that want people to see that its fast.
I would have had no problem in buying an SS instead of a T/A. It was just the term Ram Air that got me, even I ended up without one
Old 12-13-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luna
Are you serious?

No, I'm kidding.

The females around my area tend to report cases of instantaneous orgasms when in the vicinity of my car.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by paper doll
^ actually my car is the heaviest car ive seen yet, 3580, thats after a little weight reduction without a driver (non-race weight)
Thats how much mine weigh's.

Quick Reply: Camaro owners...Shut up the TA guys