Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Stolen pictures on ebay.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The idiot changed names on the account. There's a funky 2 people icon with an arrow. If you click on it it shows he just changed his name.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Any ideas or is eBay security really that bad with peoples accounts?
Yes...
Old 12-12-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he got caught in a scam so he changed his name, what a *** pirate
that would have been funny to call him though
Old 12-12-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

who knows, I got stuck by one of those Paypal scams. Got an email to renew my account, did it. Next thing I know, I got a call from the bank asking me if I had taken 650.00 out of an ATM somewhere overseas. I don't think Ebay really cares wheather someone gets away with scaming someone. Just look at all the scams on there, everytime I look at Supras, there's always a scam ad on there.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what an ******* is all i have to say, I saw that auction a while ago but thought it was just a typo.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS LS1
That's what I told my wife on the phone...... If he has a Buy It Now option I should have clicked on it and when that a-hole asked for his money I could just tell him "Thanks for the quick delivery the car is already parked in my garage!"

What is confusing to me is that I have 2 windows open right now with the auction listing (one before and one after it ended) and when the auction was active the sellers name was member082541 but now that the auctin has ended the sellers name is battlestarkramer for the same auction. How can this be?? Any ideas or is eBay security really that bad with peoples accounts?

Greg
The email address that is on the auction was alialikramer
I bet his name has kramer in it. It's an AOL account too, so maybe some info could be gotten about him thru AOL. I don't use AOL, so I couldn't try to look him up. I did try though. Greg, glad you got the message(s) in time. Really sucks that people have to be like that.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I don't use ebay, I got ripped from there once and that's all it took for me.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Ebay's great if you watch what your buying and from who. I've never NOT gotten anything I've bought but I have gotten mislead and paid too much for a few things. I've gotten WAY more deals and sold stuff for a lot more than I could locally on there. It just sucks when you get idiots like this faking auctions and usernames trying to get money. The scams are everywhere though. Guy I work with got a scam e-mail when he had his BMW listed on auto trader. He also found a car that seemed too good to be true and it was another scam deal. You just have to use common sense and look for warning signs.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Launching!

The company that I bought my car from in Tampa used my car ad (VIN and pictures) for several months after I bought my car. I didn't care though, as long as it was still in the driveway.

From my past experience with ebay, they do try to cover things up as opposed to fixing them. You know that they have one thing in mind...money. Not the quality of their services.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Teching In

I received an email back from ebay about the fraud report. They said "thank you for notifying ebay about a fraudulent vehicle for sale, we have removed the auction and are looking further into this matter". The guy realized that ebay caught on and now he is stealing someone elses account to sell another one, or should I say another make believe car".
Old 12-13-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLk01SS
who knows, I got stuck by one of those Paypal scams. Got an email to renew my account, did it. Next thing I know, I got a call from the bank asking me if I had taken 650.00 out of an ATM somewhere overseas. I don't think Ebay really cares wheather someone gets away with scaming someone. Just look at all the scams on there, everytime I look at Supras, there's always a scam ad on there.
I just got the same e-mail but dumped it right away because eBay or Paypal never asks for your account info. They already have it! Shame on you for falling for it. You just made some ******** in some f-ed up country like Dubai $650 richer. No offense but if people would stop falling for this crap the scammers would have no motivation to do it.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't remember which board it was on, but a good while ago, somebody did the same thing to a board member. But the scammer hotlinked the pics directly to the board members site. So as you can imagine the joke when he puts pics of lord knows what under the same file names hotlinked to the auction. I wish I remembered the details, but I do remember it had me rolling & the auction only stayed up for a few hours afterwards.

Quick Reply: Stolen pictures on ebay.....