Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

who here has/has seen katzkin interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who here has/has seen katzkin interiors?

i ripped my drivers seat and really want aftermarket leather. what is the general consensus or opinion on katzkin interior kits?

I am looking for something along the lines of black leather with silver inserts or something of the sort.

If anyone has any input on these kits please help me out.

Thanks
Louie Panayi
Old 02-15-2006, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

One of my buddies had Katzkin leather seats in his Civic. I included a picture that I have of the interior of the car. It's not great but its the only one I have that somewhat shows the seats.. But the quality on the seats was excellent.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have their covers in my Dodge Ram. They covers were good for the price when I got them through a GP. I did have a problem with one of the covers and had the hardest time getting them to look at it much less fix it. They think they never make mistakes. The cover had gotten stuck in the sewing machine while they were making it and made it a goofy shape. They wanted me to take it to one of their install shops and so I did. They didn't even look at it and said it was fine and they would install the one cover for 300 since I had done the rest myself. And while they installed the cover if they came across a problem THEN Katzkin would fix it. $300 to install a seat back cover was crazy since I had already taken everything apart. I called Katzkin for weeks and finally got someone that said they would look at it. A few days after I sent them the cover to look at I got a new one but they never did contect me about it. PITA and crappy customer service from my dealing.

My father does upholstery so we knew how to do the install but I didn't want to wait for him to finish up his line of jobs before starting on my truck (I had a car show to enter) If I had it to do over again I would have just had my father do the work.

Quality of the leather was good and the other covers fit good. If you can't get something local then I would say go for it but if you have a problem expect to put up a fight
Old 02-15-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

after they are installed, do they look good, or do they just look like seat covers. i would really like to see some on an Fbod after they have installed them and they sat in the sun so i can know what to expect to find.

I did a yahoo search and came up with one ls1techer from awhile ago and they looked good, but were supposed to look better that that even after the sun "shrank" them or whatever.

If anyone has pics of these installed in an fbod preferably camaro...please shoot me a line.

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Customer service sucks. I've emailed repeatedly asking questions, haven't gotten one response yet. Heard nothing but good stuff, but a huge turnoff when they can't even take the time to reply to an email. I'm takin my business elsewhere.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

I got great customer service when I ordered & installed mine, but that may have been because it was part of a group buy on one of these national boards.
Certainly no gripe about the quality of the leather - very nice stuff. Install wasn't too hard either - at least not with their installation kit they sell along with it...
A lot of people don't like my color combo, but you can see pics to get an idea of how they fit in my sig...
Someday soon, I'll be ordering a new kit with some different colors/patterns...
Old 02-16-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shane
I got great customer service when I ordered & installed mine, but that may have been because it was part of a group buy on one of these national boards.
Certainly no gripe about the quality of the leather - very nice stuff. Install wasn't too hard either - at least not with their installation kit they sell along with it...
A lot of people don't like my color combo, but you can see pics to get an idea of how they fit in my sig...
Someday soon, I'll be ordering a new kit with some different colors/patterns...
Not somthing you see everyday. They're nice, and different. Looks like good quality pieces as well.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put LT1 style T/A seats in my Camaro with Katzkin leather. Very nice quality.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

hey blasst that looks pretty good...i think that once spring hits i will do that with my interior....

Shane, i am at work and for some reason it wont let me see the pics link in your sig, when i got home i will be able to take a look.

If anyone out there, especially a camaro by chance, has these please hook the pics up.

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Teching In

I did my seats but didn't use Katzkin. I used Customized Factory Interiors. You can see some pictures at link to pictures . The quality of the leather was great and so was customer service. I'd use them again.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kdolson212
I did my seats but didn't use Katzkin. I used Customized Factory Interiors. You can see some pictures at link to pictures . The quality of the leather was great and so was customer service. I'd use them again.

that is what i want....

i love that. now i have a couple of desicions to make. i love how it still looks like a camaro seat and retains the stitching of one.

thanks
Louie
Old 02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kdolson212
I *think* they use katzkin also. I don't know that, I'm just going by the fact that they have the same exact options as far as the complete color palette, patterns, materials, and options...?

Quick Reply: who here has/has seen katzkin interiors?