Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ugly Winter rims and tires are off!! (Pics=56k Hell NO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ugly Winter rims and tires are off!! (Pics=56k Hell NO)

Well today I decided to put my chrome wheels back on and give her a good wash. I took some pictures, they arent the best being it was cloudy out but the car looks SOOO much better now that those ugly *** LT1 Firebird rims are off it. She hasnt been waxed or polished in 4 months ohh well, still looks alright I guess...Enjoy!

Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks clean man!!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

hood isn't fitting so well..

and you mean those aren't the ugly wheels?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

what do you mean my hood isnt fitting so well...I have no problems with it, it is flush all around.
And trust me...these are not ugly rims compared to what was on the car all winter...

Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't worry about it, Silver02TA nitpicks every car to death on here

I think he's referring to the hood being off just a tiny bit on the driver side headlight.

Are you sure the car only makes 345 hp?

Cheapy made at a T-Shirt shop...
Old 02-27-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1

ok, it looks way off on the driver side fender line (looks like the hood is too small?... it should align with the end of the headlight on both sides) and the passenger side nostril gap is pretty large

not ragging on anything, just stating something I see. chalk it up under constructive criticism, but it can help

Last edited by Silver02TA; 02-27-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just as an fyi those rims your sporting now are lt1 wheels as well.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

I just took those base model TA wheels off of my car and put the TT2s back on

I hated my car with the stock wheels.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
just as an fyi those rims your sporting now are lt1 wheels as well.
My 2000 came with the same rims. The LT1's were sort of a silver color, almost like they were powder coated not chromed.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

ya the LT1's were not chromed...they were the same style wheel just in silver..I had put a set of them on my 94 Z28 to replace the salad shooters back when i had that car.

Silver02TA, Ya I see what you mean...it does look a little off, I have never noticed anything in person though, but when you get close up pictures like that those little flaws really show I guess. The hood was on the car when I bought it, and I think it fits pretty good considering it is an aftermarket hood and being most people have problems getting them to fit perfectly, Unless you are looking directly at the hood close up I guess you can't notice it in person...but now that I have seen it in a picture it is bothering me lol.

If I had the money I would have a set of TTII's on the car already...that is my next mod when money allows.....but when on a college budget the car looks good enough for now....even with the stock wheels it still turns heads, I am just happy I have a excellent condition low mile LS1 car more than anything.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

The TA looks very good. nice and clean
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
ya the LT1's were not chromed...they were the same style wheel just in silver..I had put a set of them on my 94 Z28 to replace the salad shooters back when i had that car.

Silver02TA, Ya I see what you mean...it does look a little off, I have never noticed anything in person though, but when you get close up pictures like that those little flaws really show I guess. The hood was on the car when I bought it, and I think it fits pretty good considering it is an aftermarket hood and being most people have problems getting them to fit perfectly, Unless you are looking directly at the hood close up I guess you can't notice it in person...but now that I have seen it in a picture it is bothering me lol.

If I had the money I would have a set of TTII's on the car already...that is my next mod when money allows.....but when on a college budget the car looks good enough for now....even with the stock wheels it still turns heads, I am just happy I have a excellent condition low mile LS1 car more than anything.
Car looks good man

And college budget line doesnt work man. (Mods below, and then some done in about 1.5 yrs, on a college budget )
Old 02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

lol..your definately not on a TYPICAL college budget then

I also don't like to buy things before I have the money...I could mod my car and pay it off in a few months but until I have the extra cash in hand I keep the mindset that I can't mod my car...and the college budget I am on does not leave me any extra money. Paying for school isnt cheap, and school comes before the car so I guess I'll have to wait

I also have only had the car 6 months....so give me another year and I'm sure I'll have more done to it.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

What are you gonna do when you add more HP? I dunno, I never saw the point in HP stickers unless you're never going to add another HP mod to it again. Just me though.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

well i wont be modding for at least a year if not more...so they are fine for now...and they are decals...they come off, and new ones can go on. I put them on because its different, not every car has them on it, some people like it some don't...and most people who do have it remove the ram air decal and replace it with the HP...again I wanted to be different. I also have the chrome Trans Am overlays, and wanted to add some more chrome color to the car...it's subtle especially on white, but at the right angle you can see it, which I like. But the place I bought them from accidently sent me 375 hp decals the first time so when I start modding and make it to that point then I will change to those
Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am with Younggun, in the old days they smacked HP numbers on the car as well. I like mine, they were cheap, and do the job.

Once I get my cutout installed on saturday, people won't ask me anymore if those numbers on my hood are real....they'll just assume them to be.

I might gain some power from the cutout, so I guess I'll re-dyno and get new stickers....lol

Manny
Old 03-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

That white sure is pretty in the snow!!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by heavychevy427
That white sure is pretty in the snow!!!!!
It sure is...I really want to get some good pictures somewhere when it isnt cloudy after a fresh powder has fallin the night before, i think it would look really cool

Quick Reply: Ugly Winter rims and tires are off!! (Pics=56k Hell NO)