40+
6.98%
Voters: 960. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Understanding LS1tech Appearance Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 19. I love my loudmouth haha had to throw that in there. However I like slick clean cars like my LT1 WS6, over the boy racer-ish LS1 WS6 cars.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00HAWK#068
I will be 43 in May Love my Hawk. Kept it stock, but just ordered a GMMG, Cant wait for theese old ears to hear that sweet music!!! LOL
Same here... 43 and love my hawk also.... mine is stock also .. the only mod will be a loudmouth II
Old 05-05-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 24 and all I want is to be loud! visually on sound wise, I got both ends covered
Old 05-06-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

WTF I am 25...where do I vote....

hmmm, 21-25 or 25-30
Old 05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Launching!

29 here
sleek is sexy, less is more. loud is good.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

18 here, work my *** off, and keep her clean!
Old 05-06-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

39- 6'3" 275lbs with a bad attitude today.

Need to get a few things off my chest today....

Speaking of appearance mods, I ******* hate the term "rice" when used about anyones fbody. Rice is a guy who puts a fart can exhaust on his 4 cylinder car with a 4ft wing and a shitload of stickers and thinks he has a rocket. An fbody appearance mod may be in poor taste to some but IMHO there is no way to take a 300+HP icon of american muscle and call it rice.

I myself am not surprised about the average age of the members here. Just seems to be the younger guys who like fast cars and are Internet proficient at the same time. As the fobdy ages it is also easier for the younger folks to afford them. Even though the average age here is young I find that the young guys here are very cool and just into their cars like us old farts for the most part.

When I see the few ******** we have here trashing other peoples hard work I will look at their other posts and you can usually see that they are just angry people who enjoy trashing other people because they can hide behind their computer. These same folks are usually the most mild mannered people when you take their car (or daddy's car in some cases) away and meet them in person. If someone asks for opinions on an appearance mod that is not my cup of tea I at least try to be constructive in my comments.

Sorry guys this hit a chord with me today as I've seen a few people being real dicks with their comments on others appearance mods recently. I'm off my soapbox now....

Last edited by Mike02Z; 05-06-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
WTF I am 25...where do I vote....

hmmm, 21-25 or 25-30
I guess if you turned 25 less than 6 months ago, vote in the 21-25.
If you turned 25 more tha 6 months ago, vote in 25-30.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

37 here

And Mike02Z, I couldn't agree more!

I like the classy look, that's why I drive a pewter car. Plus it can stay dirty without anyone noticing, nice for daily driving.

This is my 5th Fbody, first was a 78 Firebird , rootbeer brown with a pathetically weak 305. I like the fact I did everything to this car myself; heck at this age working on my car IS my workout anymore!

I still love to go fast, but with age comes wisdom;

There are old drivers, and bold drivers, but no old bold drivers!!
Old 05-06-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, off topic but

Mike02Z, do you live anywhere near Drexel Hill?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
Sorry, off topic but

Mike02Z, do you live anywhere near Drexel Hill?
No, I live in the Morrisville/Yardley area. I'm a good hour from Drexel Hill.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

I'm 23 and I like to have a unique car. What's the fun it get's lost in the parking lot?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Im 21 and people of all ages give me thumbs up on my car. But when i was 17-18 and had a 94Z, some of the things i did to that car made me wonder WTF was i thinking..
Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Mike02Z....I agree with you as well.

Because of there being such a young crowd on here,you have to realize that it becomes very similar to being in high school.You have your cool guys/gals,your jerks,your geeks (you know the guys who can tune your car without ever even seeing it! ),your artists types (usually the ones with the really cool original ideas for thier cars).....etc.....ect.

Now these differences are much more apparent when you put people behind a keyboard because there really isn't any form of inhibition (sp? I couldn't spell for sh*t in school... ) to make people more reserved about their opinions..

The jerks are more rude,the artists feel less restricted to go with thier ideas to new extremes...etc and so on....

I like to gather ideas from people as much as I can...if I see something that I like,I try to go for it.I don't care who has done it before or if its a trend thats "on the way out" or whatever..Opinions differ from time to time,some of us need to learn how to express that opinion in a mannered/civilized form.

I have some strange AND typical tastes when it comes to mods...

I have black ZR1 wheels even though they seem to be played out.Because I like them.

I like halos and have them for the same reason..I like them.Yet you see them everywhere.

I don't have my car "dropped","slammed","in the weeds" or whatever you want to call it because I have never liked the look.I like the handling benefits that a set of springs will give you but not the look.Again,just my choice...Maybe it is an age thing (I'm 34yrs old BTW).

Who knows,I might just as well put a set on in the future but,I will tell you right now that it would probably be more for the suspension set up than the look.

I won't sit there and call someone stupid or insult the work they have put into their car because I personally don't like the "dropped" look...If asked I will say "its not for me" or "Its not my thing".

Oh well...Maybe we need a Senior Citizen's forum on the board...We can compare wheels,dentures,cams and health insurance.

Talk about M*A*S*H,Welcome Back Kotter,Black Sabbath,Led Zepplin and sip on a can of TAB........Errr...Maybe not the TAB
Old 05-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Launching!

My car is bone stock, outside of exhaust and painted calipers. I painted my calipers red, the most played out color as I read eariler on here. If its played out, why did I do it? Cause I like the way it looks. Every one of my friends screams that I should build my car, make it faster. I don't want to do it. I have no real reason out side of that. Its fast enough for what I use it for, a cruiser. I also painted some of my interior pieces, which to most is rice. I just wanted something to make the interior less dull and boring. Another thing I get when I go somewhere is people asking why I didn't get the 98-02 models, they look much better. The reasons are I don't like all those vents and the "nose" ram air on those cars, and we got a good deal on mine. I have the only 97 WS.6 in town too, but that doesn't mean much. I may not like something someone else has done, but they do, So I don't bash it. I just say I don't like it myself, but its your car do what you want. All this from a 19 year old.

When it comes down to it, just cause YOU don't like it, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either. So I try to be respectful of others, trying not to bash what they like.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the poll is still alive. For those of you that are interested, the reason I started this poll was based upon two different things that I personally interesting about the site:

1.) People seem to like the sound of loudmouth exhausts.
2.) You can't post a Camaro without someone telling you to lower it.

Those two facts got me thinking long and hard that most of the people here had to be pretty young.

But then I got to thinking back to my high school days, and how the hell you'd have money to build up a heads/cam car, or afford C6 rims, stuff like that.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am 25. Car is tasteful, but mostly stock in apperance. Deff open minded.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Launching!

18 in 9 days
Old 05-15-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
21 here, im guessisng most of the users who flame and have 0 credability for their opinions are like 16 or 17 and had a car given to them, where as people with educated, and tasteful responses to most topics are in the 21-40 demographic, and have worked to earn their ride.

I think that quite a bit of flaming comes from older guys who need to get a life also. Most of the ricer/brow beating sounds like it comes from 30-40 y.o.

24 y.o. low profile '99 Z28 - high gloss black hood, black berger, black mirrors and b-pillar (z28), black tint all on pewter. Debadged with-out side cart-stoppers, gun-metal Z06's. People think-THOUGHT I had v6. I would just have the top painted black like the orange one they put one of 4th gen air suspension's on but the look I have is growing on me. Plus it is unique and still tasteful.

Hooker exhaust only loud enough to back up what I have, just bolt-ons. Cutting the pipes soon to no longer be visible at all.

Last edited by Genesis_26317; 05-15-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
I think that quite a bit of flaming comes from older guys who need to get a life also. Most of the ricer/brow beating sounds like it comes from 30-40 y.o.
I'm sorry to say that I think just the opposite is true. I don't think your hearing too many of the older guys saying "that's gay" or "gfx are for *******" of course that is just my opinion. While I think it is only a very small minority of the younger guys saying this crap I do believe it is the younger guys in the majority of cases.

The reason I think a lot of the troublemakers are younger guys it is money. 3 years ago when I bought my 02 4th gen fbody's were out of the reach of a lot of the younger guys. This place was a lot more tolerent then IMHO. As the 4th gen's came down in price the younger guys were better able to afford them and this place got more jerks who like to respond with smartass answers. Take a look at some of the vette forums. Most I've been to seem much tamer than this forum has become. Why? Well I believe the vette is harder for the younger guys to afford so they stay away.

I want to be clear that I think 99% or more of the younger guys here are just into their cars like the older guys and are not mean spirited people who like to trash other people but I do believe that most of the problem folks here would be in the younger age range. Sorry but that is my belief.

:FLAME SUIT ON:

Quick Reply: Poll: Understanding LS1tech Appearance Opinions