6.98%
Voters: 960. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Understanding LS1tech Appearance Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
I don't think your hearing too many of the older guys saying "that's gay" or "gfx are for *******" of course that is just my opinion. While I think it is only a very small minority of the younger guys saying this crap I do believe it is the younger guys in the majority of cases. :FLAME SUIT ON:
Okay I agree with that about but I still think the older guys go way to far with the brow beating especially when at quite a few times they aren't anymore knowledgable than a lot of the other guys out there.

I was actually brow beaten once by a guy who didn't know what an 02 sim was. It took me actually showing him a sales mag to make him stop calling me a ignorant and saying I don't know what I am talking about. He was a mechanic too.

Another one called me a stupid #sshole when I said that they don't put old SBC's into Camaro's anymore (5 years ago) and he swore up and down about how his near stock Dodge Ram (Diesel) beats 4th gen Camaro's all the time. This was all followed with him saying that Mustang's have way more horsepower than Camaro's.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Okay I agree with that about but I still think the older guys go way to far with the brow beating especially when at quite a few times they aren't anymore knowledgable than a lot of the other guys out there.

I was actually brow beaten once by a guy who didn't know what an 02 sim was. It took me actually showing him a sales mag to make him stop calling me a ignorant and saying I don't know what I am talking about. He was a mechanic too.

Another one called me a stupid #sshole when I said that they don't put old SBC's into Camaro's anymore (5 years ago) and he swore up and down about how his near stock Dodge Ram (Diesel) beats 4th gen Camaro's all the time. This was all followed with him saying that Mustang's have way more horsepower than Camaro's.

SHUT UP BIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTCHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding man.....

Actually I can see both yours and Mike's side of the subject...I do have to side with Mike a bit more though because,in general from what I have seen,it is almost always a younger guy in his teens or early twenties who is trash talking somebody....

I would also bet that the reason why its usually a younger guy is plain and simply because of the majority of the board being a younger crowd...Just plain old odds....
Old 05-16-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is another one.

My car is in the shop (rebuilding rear-end & alternator is dying); t1his happened just 4 hours ago.

I am having a 212 amp Powermaster alternator installed today. I freaked out about a call saying the check engine light went on after the install. We all know that there isn't an actual check engine light in the car (it says SES), so I ask:

"Which light is on?"

"The check gage light"

Now remember that this is a professional mechanic who has been working on cars for a decade longer than I have been alive. He also has the counsel of 2 other professional mechanics, one of which owns the business that this man works at.

"The check engine light... *pause* where is the needle on the gas gauge?"

".....*pause*...... E."

*................*

"Oh."

That about finished the conversation.

Same people who told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I told them about 02 sims. I had to show them it in a magazine to make them believe me.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is another one.

My car is in the shop (rebuilding rear-end & alternator is dying); t1his happened just 4 hours ago.

I am having a 212 amp Powermaster alternator installed today. I freaked out about a call saying the check engine light went on after the install. We all know that there isn't an actual check engine light in the car (it says SES), so I ask:

"Which light is on?"

"The check gage light"

Now remember that this is a professional mechanic who has been working on cars for a decade longer than I have been alive. He also has the counsel of 2 other professional mechanics, one of which owns the business that this man works at.

".....*pause*...... E."

*................*

"Oh."

Same people who told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I told them about 02 sims. I had to show them it in a magazine to make them believe me.
Yea guy but your not talking about folks on this board. Your talking about mechanics (******** at that) in the real world. The guys in the real world might just see you as a kid or younger guy and think you don't know anything about your car. Hell, they treat me like I'm a dumb fuc* most of the time too and I'm almost 40. Most folks here don't know your age from your posts so I'm not really getting how you still think a lot of the people with the one line smart *** answers here are the older folks? Mybe I'm missing something.

Last edited by Mike02Z; 05-16-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Yea guy but your not talking about folks on this board. Your talking about mechanics (******** at that) in the real world. The guys in the real world might just see you as a kid or younger guy and think you don't know anything about your car. Hell, they treat me like I'm a dumb fuc* most of the time too and I'm almost 40. Most folks here don't know your age from your posts so I'm not really getting how you still think a lot of the people with the one line smart *** answers are the older folks? Mybe I'm missing something.
I agreed the younger guys are the worst but older guys aren't immune. Young kids are stupid while there are still plenty of guys who are jerks.

Besides the mechanic I was talking about does the Mustang online stuff and I never go there. Oh yeah, as he says the new HEMI Charger (which he is getting) is faster than any F-Body.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the thing that i hate... is when people see me driving my car 00 ss, and previous car, im 18, i bought my 97 ss when i was 16 MYSELF and the 00 ss this past winter, MYSELF everyone thinks that mommy and daddy bought me my cars, i worked illegally since i was in 6th grade, put in more hours than child labor laws allowed, i was putting in 50-60 hour weeks no problem, and i have done that about all my life. i dont buy mp3's and all that crap, i would rather have a nice looking car that wont be outdated in 2 years. a car, fbody, corvettes etc especially dont lose value fast. and if people dont like my style they can shove it, they dont have to drive it.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm 18 only 2 months away from turning 19...and i think i have very good taste, atleast that's what everyone says when they mistake my car for a V8. My car is a V6 and it was my first car...I, ME, MYSELF, decided it would be a more rational decision for ME to make to get a V6 and save money and get the car i dreamed of when my insurance came down from the heavens haha...but

i definately can't wait until this winter though when i've saved up enough money to get my LS1 WS.6...oh all hell's gonna break loose then...lol !!!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tbird31
I'm 18 only 2 months away from turning 19...and i think i have very good taste, atleast that's what everyone says when they mistake my car for a V8. My car is a V6 and it was my first car...I, ME, MYSELF, decided it would be a more rational decision for ME to make to get a V6 and save money and get the car i dreamed of when my insurance came down from the heavens haha...but

i definately can't wait until this winter though when i've saved up enough money to get my LS1 WS.6...oh all hell's gonna break loose then...lol !!!
I think your smart for going with a V6. I'm not speaking of anyone else, but me, If I had had 300+ HP at 18 I would be dead right now no doubt in my mind. I almost died in my 150 HP 1977 Buick Electra 225 at 16!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Here is another one.

"Which light is on?"

"The check gage light"

".....*pause*...... E."

*................*

"Oh."

And yet you still leave your poor defenseless car with these guys. Forget this thread and go rescue her.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 23 i think my taste in appearance is prett good. nothing rice style. i like more of a classic look to things or a smooth look (IE no side moldings or badges on my TA, filled in PONTIAC letters and lines on rear bumper, mecham hood) things like that. although i built my car for the 1/4 i like it for show as well so i try to keep things VERY clean when i can. also like Unique appearance mods people have done.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm 33, and I'll still call a car "rice" if it has ricer appearance mods done to it.

Someone has to teach the youngsters the fine art of modifying a car tastefully
Old 05-20-2006, 11:42 PM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'm 33, and I'll still call a car "rice" if it has ricer appearance mods done to it.

Someone has to teach the youngsters the fine art of modifying a car tastefully
I just bought a Honda and I'll modify it tastefully, so you wont have to worry about teaching me or calling me rice. lol Some will call it rice right off the bat, I know, but whatever. I only plan on lowering, wheels, stock front lip, subs (nothing crazy, just clean bass) and borla exhaust. You guys will see when I'm done, but it will take me a while cuz the car itself cost me so damn much! lol
Old 05-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Teching In

I'm 20, will be turning 21 in august. Just got the car a few months ago. When i first got my probe gt back at 16 i did some pretty shameful "mods" to its appearance, but thankfully i got out of that habit by 18. Honestly, i'd say i have a pretty mature sense of taste in appearance now (i've seen enough ridiculous things done to imports to know the value of good looks).
Old 05-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
21 here, im guessisng most of the users who flame and have 0 credability for their opinions are like 16 or 17 and had a car given to them, where as people with educated, and tasteful responses to most topics are in the 21-40 demographic, and have worked to earn their ride.
Wow, someone sounds a little angry.......sounds like you have some issues you should deal with. I am 18 and have had an LS1 since I started driving, I feel like I have taste when it comes to cars and appearance mods.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm 18 and I believe my car has been modded appearance wise and modification wise in a tasteful manner. I don't know a single person who doesn't like the car and people of all ages ranging from little kids to senior citizens comment on it.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Just keep it clean and have everything flow
Old 05-28-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

30 here and I like the stock look with nice rims. I want performance not bling.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

hi 52 here,1 look at my 02 hawk : and i'm 19 again,
Old 05-29-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

26 here, and the only thing that has changed with age is thinking about my actions. looking back at how many times I should have been dead from doing stupid things in my car. so now I still have the same taste. I just think about things before I do them.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Im 19 and my taste hasnt changed much at all. My 1st car now looking back at it needed some work but it still looked good.

Quick Reply: Poll: Understanding LS1tech Appearance Opinions