Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Aircraft remover???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006 | 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Default Aircraft remover???

Well im thinking of stripping down my ZR1s and polish them up a bit and paint them black again, I have a question tough.Do i need to remove my tire? or i can just strip them down without removing my tire? I might get this done during the weekend just wanted to know if the product will fawk up my tire . TIA
Old 06-17-2006 | 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

This stuff works great on paint!!! I highly recommend it. I have never sprayed it on rubber and I would think you probably need to tape off the tire to protect it. It is very acidic and I don't know how the rubber would hold up.
Old 06-17-2006 | 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Aircraft remover huh? I'll take any extra you have...
Old 06-17-2006 | 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad Black SS
Well im thinking of stripping down my ZR1s and polish them up a bit and paint them black again
Don't polish them any. Making the surface smoother will make it harder for the paint to adhere. If anything, you'll want to scuff them up a bit. A copper bristled wire wheel works good for this.

I have a question tough.Do i need to remove my tire? or i can just strip them down without removing my tire? I might get this done during the weekend just wanted to know if the product will fawk up my tire . TIA
The first time I ever stripped a set of wheels, I had a set of Michelin Pilot MXX3's on them and I didn't mask the tires off. The spots where the chemical got on the tire caused the tires to turn a brownish color, and it wouldn't come off with scrubbing. It sort've like, bleached the rubber. PLEASE, cover your tires.

Also, please be careful when handling this stuff so as not to get any on your skin. Stuff burns like mace.
Old 06-17-2006 | 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Don't polish them any. Making the surface smoother will make it harder for the paint to adhere. If anything, you'll want to scuff them up a bit. A copper bristled wire wheel works good for this.

The first time I ever stripped a set of wheels, I had a set of Michelin Pilot MXX3's on them and I didn't mask the tires off. The spots where the chemical got on the tire caused the tires to turn a brownish color, and it wouldn't come off with scrubbing. It sort've like, bleached the rubber. PLEASE, cover your tires.

Also, please be careful when handling this stuff so as not to get any on your skin. Stuff burns like mace.
Thanks bro,i guess ill just polish what i wont be painting, Your a little to late about the burning stuff tough
Old 06-17-2006 | 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Black SS
Thanks bro,i guess ill just polish what i wont be painting, Your a little to late about the burning stuff tough
lol, its like a horrible surprise. you feel it get on you, and your like no big deal, then 20 seconds later your like HOLY ****!!! and your running for any water source you can find. (ask me how i know lol )
Old 06-17-2006 | 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01RedT/A
lol, its like a horrible surprise. you feel it get on you, and your like no big deal, then 20 seconds later your like HOLY ****!!! and your running for any water source you can find. (ask me how i know lol )
How do you know? LMAO, i have also experienced other stinging products one of them was for removing graffiti,Since i dont like to read the label i went at it, damn it was only the mist that was nearly choking me imagine spraying it to myself?
Old 06-18-2006 | 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

just dismount and remount/balance the tires........sounds like it's a little late though....

Aircraft remover is awesome!

Just out of curiousity....you can buy it at Walmart and it sits unlocked on the shelves for anyone to buy....but spray paint is locked up and you have to be 18 to buy it....

Just an observation...I'd be far more afraid of aircraft remover than spray paint!

Quick Reply: Aircraft remover???